1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Soliai Top Re-Sign This Year

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by jdang307, Nov 8, 2012.

1. jdang307

jdang307 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 29, 2007
    San Diego
    http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-s...reggie-wayne-john-abraham-170947140--nfl.html

2. CaribPhin

CaribPhin Guest

Soliai is under contract for one more season I believe. He's also not a Nose Tackle anymore.

Bpk and Conuficus like this.
  3. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    Must be mistaken. Ireland is awful in free agency.

4. Destroyer

Destroyer There for every play.

Oct 25, 2010
    Maryland
    He just signed a contract this off season. I believe it was a two year deal.

5. VanDolPhan

VanDolPhan Club member Club Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Hamilton, Ontario Canada
    Randy Starks is my big re-sign this offseason.

6. RoninFin4

RoninFin4 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 11, 2007
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Soliai said himself, on the Finsiders last week, that his role is essentially the same as what it was last year. Miami's front seven, in base defense, really isn't all that different than what they've done in the past. Cam Wake's hand is just on the ground more often.

If Miami doesn't end up re-signing all of the key starters they have as free agents, hypothetically, let's say they let Reggie Bush and Anthony Fasano walk, perhaps they should work on extending Soliai now instead of waiting until after next season again.

CWBIII likes this.
  7. mommabilly

mommabilly No riders allowed

May 3, 2010
    I would not let Fasano walk at all. Reggie ? Meh, a bucket of chicken chasing play here and there, thats it. Miller has to learn to learn the playbook and we will be OK

8. smahtaz

smahtaz Pimpin Ain't Easy

Ireland is a genius. He franchised Soliai for $12M last year and then signed him this year for what he’s worth. Brilliant.

9. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    You sure that wasn't all Ross and Philbin?

Here's a wild idea, he wanted to see if Soliai could be consistent so they waited another year to give him an extension.

P h i N s A N i T y likes this.
  10. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

Miller is showing no signs to the fans that he is learning the play book, judging by the coaches never letting him out on the field.

And apparently the one play he was out there Tannehill was barking at him...

Just get the feeling he may never 'get it'

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Jul 5, 2009
    May never get it this year, or you mean in his career?

12. Da 'Fins

Da 'Fins Season Ticket Holder Staff Member Club Member

Dec 19, 2007
    Birmingham, AL
    Who cares ... if you have the girl in your sig under 'contract' ... ;)

13. RoninFin4

Dec 11, 2007
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Merely a hypothetical scenario. I'm not advocating letting Fasano walk. Not at this point.

14. RoninFin4

Dec 11, 2007
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Lamar Miller in some ways reminds me of Frank Gore. Gore was diagnosed with a learning disability at a young age and I believe some of that translated to him learning offenses at The U and at San Francisco. He also had a myriad of knee injuries to overcome as well.

That being said, I think it's plain to see that Lamar Miller is very talented, and that if Miami can give Reggie Bush the amount of snaps he's getting despite his pretty poor pass-blocking, I'd think you could find a way to insert Miller into that role more and more. At this point, I'm not so sure Miller wouldn't end up being the starter or at least being considered for it in 2013. Something tells me Reggie Bush won't be back.

15. Berezo

Berezo Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2012
    Atlanta, GA
    Let Fasano walk if you plan on drafting a TE early next year. I would prioritize Starks over Jake Long at this point in the season. Reggie should walk, he cannot stop dancing around and we haven't used him effectively in the passing game to warrant keeping that kind of contract on the books. Keep Starks, get a WR, and draft a TE.

16. PhinsRDbest

PhinsRDbest Transform and Transcend

Jan 5, 2010
    the next dimension
    It's a shame he's a free agent already after next season. We will see how much a genius Ireland if he can actually extend that contract instead of letting it run out like the 9 players he's doing this year.

17. VanDolPhan

VanDolPhan Club member Club Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Hamilton, Ontario Canada
    Unfortunately she's not. She left the show she was on and is doing some b horror movie schlock with Starbuck.

18. NorFlaFin

NorFlaFin Active Member

Both Soliai and Starks deserve long term extension not 2 year "patches".

PhinsRDbest and Fin Fan In Cali like this.
  19. Silverphin

Silverphin Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2007
    4-3 defenses can still employ a Nose Tackle.