1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Social Security and Medicare to go bankrupt sooner then expected

Discussion in 'Economics and Financials' started by padre31, May 12, 2009.

1. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    http://www.wral.com/news/political/story/5128548/

Nice.

2socks and gafinfan like this.
  2. gafinfan

gafinfan gunner Club Member

Socialized medicine here we come.:pity::pity: You could see it in their answers this evening and they kept bringing up Obama's meeting with the health care providers plus saying that SS was NOT a sacred cow not to be touched. BAD times are coming my friend.:shifty::no:

3. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

:omg:

**** a job get laid at least you'll keep the memories later on

4. UCF FINatic

UCF FINatic The Miami Dolphins select

Apr 17, 2008
    I am thinking about becoming a Dentist. If we create socialized medicine I'm going to end that decision right there.

Obama is a little media boy, and people care all too much about what type of hamburger or what kind of dog he gets rather than what he is doing in the office... I'll tell you what he is doing in the office, ruining America.

The only thing that he MIGHT do that I would support is to legalize marijuana. I say that as someone that has never smoked pot at all too. It just makes too much sence not to make it legal with certain provisions like alcohol.

texasPHINSfan and gafinfan like this.
  5. texasPHINSfan

texasPHINSfan New Member

Dec 14, 2007
    Bellevue, WA
    if he legalized marijuana, the proceeds from taxation in that industry would almost be enough to un-do the budget suicide he's been committing thus far....

6. UCF FINatic

UCF FINatic The Miami Dolphins select

Apr 17, 2008
    Yeah, it would help our government out a ton. Also there would be less people in jail for drug offenses which would help the government save a lot of money as well. There are a lot of economic benefits for the US imo and thats why I can say I would support it if he passes that even though I have never smoked.

7. jdang307

jdang307 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 29, 2007
    San Diego
    To be fair, when SS goes bankrupt, it will not be $0 benefits from thereon. It'll be 75% of benefits for a number of years etc.

Socialized anything is just a ponzi scheme. This is a serious request, can anyone show us anything socialized run by govt. that doesn't have an expiration date?

Socialized programs could work ... if you let smart people run it and don't muck with it. But obviously that will never happen.

2socks likes this.
  8. anditsgood

anditsgood Active Member

Nov 24, 2007
    doesnt anyone seem to think the lower ss receipts and higher unemployment claims would make the system more insolvent much earlier

i think we are in a bubble right now and maybe they might actually do something this time about it

but i doubt it