So who would you hire as the next head coach?

12 replies

Dmarino110Dmarino110New MemberOP
Jan 3, 2008, 11:08 AM

I wouldn't give up any picks for anyone.

Next if you are watching this press conference I'm not liking everything I'm hearing. It sounds like the Tuna is only going to go after someone he knows, and it might be another rookie head coach. I don't want another rookie. We've had 2 and they've both screwed us over in different ways.

ALalen1New Member
Jan 3, 2008, 11:22 AM

yeah i want a proven coach already. I wish we could get cowher or marty in here.

SWSwampfoxNew Member
Jan 3, 2008, 11:25 AM

New coach will want his own guys. Does this make Beck obsolete? Probably not. Will we give up picks to get a vetran QB? I would say almost certainly. Where will Ginn fit in a Parcells offense? The bench? We just wasted more picks and time as for coach just look up who has ever worked with Bill before and then see who is free.....thats our new coach.

Rick 1966Rick 1966Forum Veteran
Jan 3, 2008, 12:27 PM

I am hoping that they hire someone I never would have thought of. I am tired of the fans being smarter than the front office...for the first time in a long time, I would like it if the front office were smarter than the fans.

Roman529Roman529New Member
Jan 3, 2008, 01:17 PM

Tony Sparano :ffic:

#1dolphinsfan#1dolphinsfanNew Member
Jan 3, 2008, 01:18 PM

I wish we could get Bill Cower but if we cant get him i would have to go with Rex Ryan

mrbunglezmrbunglezForum Veteran
Jan 3, 2008, 01:21 PM

Jason Garrett or a baked potato

FIFinsAreLifeNew Member
Jan 3, 2008, 01:42 PM

"Swampfox wrote:

New coach will want his own guys. Does this make Beck obsolete? Probably not. Will we give up picks to get a vetran QB? I would say almost certainly. Where will Ginn fit in a Parcells offense? The bench? We just wasted more picks and time as for coach just look up who has ever worked with Bill before and then see who is free.....thats our new coach.

I know parcells has got a lot of influence but the last time i checked he isnt the coach of this team and will not be. That honestly isnt up to him and if it was i dont think that's what would happen.

Dolphan7Dolphan7New Member
Jan 3, 2008, 02:24 PM

Bil Cowher would be an excellent fit in Miami. I wonder if he and Parcells have a history?

I am on the official "Keep JT Bandwagon", now where is that wagon!

jedburgjedburgForum Veteran
Jan 3, 2008, 02:25 PM

"Dolphan7 wrote:

Bil Cowher would be an excellent fit in Miami. I wonder if he and Parcells have a history?

I heard that he says that he will not coach next year. But people have been known to change their minds.

lbmclean_sjlbmclean_sjNew Member
Jan 3, 2008, 02:28 PM

since the Tuna is gonna mentor a guy I will say Sparano

bkbuffetbkbuffetNew Member
Jan 3, 2008, 02:29 PM

Cowher would want more control than he would be allowed under Parcells... it won't be Cowher.

Dolphan7Dolphan7New Member
Jan 3, 2008, 02:30 PM

Whoever it is I think it will happen real soon, like maybe even by the end of this week. The sooner the better. There are a lot of coaches we let go that we may want to get back, like Houck.

I am on the official "Keep JT Bandwagon", now where is that wagon!