So onto the Patriots...

38 replies

Vertical LimitVertical LimitForum VeteranOP
Sep 10, 2019, 06:05 PM

Seems like it's about time to discuss what challenges we face against the Patriots. Their defense looks much stronger than last year, and their offense is as good as always, except they will have that idiot Brown playing for them this coming Sunday...

We open up as 3 touchdown underdogs in Vegas. Regardless of that it is a division game, and Ive seen AJ Feeley march us down the field and beat Brady... So anything can happen..

I say we just blitz all game and hit Brady as much as we can... If I see a very soft approach I'm going to start thinking we have a double agent as a head coach.

KeyFinKeyFinForum Veteran
Sep 10, 2019, 06:38 PM

"Vertical Limit wrote:

Seems like it's about time to discuss what challenges we face against the Patriots. Their defense looks much stronger than last year, and their offense is as good as always, except they will have that idiot Brown playing for them this coming Sunday...

We open up as 3 touchdown underdogs in Vegas. Regardless of that it is a division game, and Ive seen AJ Feeley march us down the field and beat Brady... So anything can happen..

I say we just blitz all game and hit Brady as much as we can... If I see a very soft approach I'm going to start thinking we have a double agent as a head coach.

It's 3 touchdowns?!!? The spread was 13.5 Monday morning....evidently Miami isn't getting any action at all. I don't see how you take any bet -21 but at the same time, I don't see how the Pats don't cover either. It just turns into a sucker bet for everyone involved once you start hitting those college spreads.

As far as how we win- I don't have an answer there. We couldn't generate any pressure last week and our secondary couldn't cover. And I just don't see on offense how we can ever block 3-5 defenders at once during any given snap.

I do think Belichek will have pity on his former coach and only drop about 45 on us, plus maybe he starts a 2nd/3rd string in the 2nd half so we can get a few scores. So on pure gimmie from the Pats, I'll guess the score at 45-17.

If the Pats actually try though? This could be a 90-0 ballgame.

Winning football games at any level comes down to winning in the trenches.

Unlucky 13Unlucky 13Supporter
Sep 10, 2019, 07:25 PM

"Vertical Limit wrote:

Seems like it's about time to discuss what challenges we face against the Patriots. Their defense looks much stronger than last year, and their offense is as good as always, except they will have that idiot Brown playing for them this coming Sunday...

We open up as 3 touchdown underdogs in Vegas. Regardless of that it is a division game, and Ive seen AJ Feeley march us down the field and beat Brady... So anything can happen..

I say we just blitz all game and hit Brady as much as we can... If I see a very soft approach I'm going to start thinking we have a double agent as a head coach.

Well, I think that its important to remember that the Fins won that 2004 game while managing only 231 yards of total offense! :glare:

The defense picked off Brady four times, including just before and just after halftime, while Wes Welker had almost 240 yards on returns that night.

Vertical LimitVertical LimitForum Veteran
Sep 10, 2019, 09:05 PM

Eh let’s just get Brady on the ground then. If for nothing let’s make sure he leaves limping and bruised

firedanfiredanForum Veteran
Sep 10, 2019, 09:20 PM

I expect 45 by half time.At this point I'd be happy with a scrappy effort against a superior team.

SCschisnoForum Veteran
Sep 10, 2019, 09:20 PM

Minnesota Vikings Draft
23. Andrew Billings, DL, Baylor
54. Vonn Bell, DB, Ohio State
86. Sterling Shepard, WR, Oklahoma
121. Dominique Alexander, LB, Oklahoma
160. Spencer Drango, OL, Baylor
180. Moritz Boehringer, WR, Germany State
240. Tyler Ervin, RB, San Jose State
244. Nate Sudfeld, QB, Indiana

KeyFinKeyFinForum Veteran
Sep 10, 2019, 10:29 PM

Winning football games at any level comes down to winning in the trenches.

DAdanmarinoSupporter
Sep 10, 2019, 10:35 PM

"KeyFin wrote:

Wow, I mean...wow.

The texts are pretty damning for AB.

PAPaulyForum Veteran
Sep 10, 2019, 10:50 PM

"KeyFin wrote:

I do think Belichek will have pity on his former coach and only drop about 45 on us, plus maybe he starts a 2nd/3rd string in the 2nd half so we can get a few scores. So on pure gimmie from the Pats, I'll guess the score at 45-17.

If the Pats actually try though? This could be a 90-0 ballgame.

Belichek has a habit of
1) dropping big scores on rookie coaches to establish an aura of fear; and
2) showing no mercy to former assistants.

I doubt he lets up before he has 50 in the bag. Which probably will be by the half time bell.

texanphinatictexanphinaticForum Veteran
Sep 10, 2019, 11:16 PM

"Pauly wrote:

Belichek has a habit of
1) dropping big scores on rookie coaches to establish an aura of fear; and
2) showing no mercy to former assistants.

I doubt he lets up before he has 50 in the bag. Which probably will be be the half time bell.

I could see this, but I also could see him slacking off a bit if they go up by 3 TDs. It's what he just did to Pitt. He does NOT like to give up much in the early part of the season. Then again, if he can vanilla offense his way to 60 he probably would.

AGAGuyNamedAlexForum Veteran
Sep 11, 2019, 05:45 AM

"texanphinatic wrote:

I could see this, but I also could see him slacking off a bit if they go up by 3 TDs. It's what he just did to Pitt. He does NOT like to give up much in the early part of the season. Then again, if he can vanilla offense his way to 60 he probably would.

I'm pretty sure if Lamar Jackson can make it look that easy, Brady will gave no issue putting up 42 before half.

The defense better come to play this week.

The_Dark_KnightThe_Dark_KnightForum Veteran
Sep 11, 2019, 05:55 AM

We're not just losing this game...we're going to get destroyed

“The person you will spend the most time with in your life is yourself, so you better make sure you’re someone interesting”

Tin IndianTin IndianForum Veteran
Sep 11, 2019, 06:12 AM

Oh yeah, this is not going to be pretty. I still can't grasp what happened to the defense. I expected the defense would be ok and the offense to be bad but the defense was even worse than the offense. The troubling thing about that is we know we have some good players on defense, how were they so out of position and poorly prepared with a coach that has been mainly a defensive coach in his career?

Not My Circus, Not My Monkeys.

AGAGuyNamedAlexForum Veteran
Sep 11, 2019, 06:33 AM

"Tin Indian wrote:

Oh yeah, this is not going to be pretty. I still can't grasp what happened to the defense. I expected the defense would be ok and the offense to be bad but the defense was even worse than the offense. The troubling thing about that is we know we have some good players on defense, how were they so out of position and poorly prepared with a coach that has been mainly a defensive coach in his career?

Also the Patriots didnt miss a beat on defense.

It's just a one game sample size, so irrelevant as of now, but something to watch.

The_Dark_KnightThe_Dark_KnightForum Veteran
Sep 11, 2019, 06:44 AM

Well in the Orlando viewing area, you won’t get to see this Greek tragedy. You get to see Jacksonville and Houston.

Here kitty kitty kitty???

“The person you will spend the most time with in your life is yourself, so you better make sure you’re someone interesting”

Surfs Up 99Surfs Up 99Forum Veteran
Sep 11, 2019, 08:24 AM

"KeyFin wrote:

It's 3 touchdowns?!!? The spread was 13.5 Monday morning....evidently Miami isn't getting any action at all. I don't see how you take any bet -21 but at the same time, I don't see how the Pats don't cover either. It just turns into a sucker bet for everyone involved once you start hitting those college spreads.

As far as how we win- I don't have an answer there. We couldn't generate any pressure last week and our secondary couldn't cover. And I just don't see on offense how we can ever block 3-5 defenders at once during any given snap.

I do think Belichek will have pity on his former coach and only drop about 45 on us, plus maybe he starts a 2nd/3rd string in the 2nd half so we can get a few scores. So on pure gimmie from the Pats, I'll guess the score at 45-17.

If the Pats actually try though? This could be a 90-0 ballgame.

I liked Flores’ response to someone asking about the Ravens not letting up. He said he didn’t have a problem with it because it’s our job to stop them. I also like that Flores isn’t running away from it. He stands up there and faces the music like a man. I have my doubts about him being our long term solution, but I like a lot of things about his personality.

Leadership isn't getting people to line up behind you; it is getting them to join you.

Sometimes the journey is as important as the destination.

The little things matter. Winning starts by not beating ourselves.

Mornings are for coffee and contemplation.

Team Tua.

Miami Dolphins Homer!

Tin IndianTin IndianForum Veteran
Sep 11, 2019, 09:20 AM

"The_Dark_Knight wrote:

Well in the Orlando viewing area, you won’t get to see this Greek tragedy. You get to see Jacksonville and Houston.

Here kitty kitty kitty???

I know and it really ticks me off to no end. Ever since the Jags came into being Miami fans in Central Florida have been screwed.

Not My Circus, Not My Monkeys.

Tin IndianTin IndianForum Veteran
Sep 11, 2019, 09:23 AM

"Surfs Up 99 wrote:

I liked Flores’ response to someone asking about the Ravens not letting up. He said he didn’t have a problem with it because it’s our job to stop them. I also like that Flores isn’t running away from it. He stands up there and faces the music like a man. I have my doubts about him being our long term solution, but I like a lot of things about his personality.

As you pointed out, it is a sample size of 1 at this point. The bad thing really is with this cast of characters on the field are we really going to be able to get an accurate read on him by the end of the season? I think we may be able to tell somethings, but not all. Worse is that it could be well into next season before we really do.

Not My Circus, Not My Monkeys.

Not So FastNot So FastForum Veteran
Sep 11, 2019, 09:46 AM

"The_Dark_Knight wrote:

Well in the Orlando viewing area, you won’t get to see this Greek tragedy. You get to see Jacksonville and Houston.

Here kitty kitty kitty???

Hope Gardner Minshew lights up the Texans

DestroyerDestroyerForum Veteran
Sep 11, 2019, 10:34 AM

The Dolphins are the softest team in the NFL. Tua hater starting 12/11/22.

Vertical LimitVertical LimitForum Veteran
Sep 11, 2019, 10:40 AM

"Destroyer wrote:

DT?

Demaryius Thomas traded to jets.. I think we should be worrying about Dorsett who had a huge game against the Steelers.

DestroyerDestroyerForum Veteran
Sep 11, 2019, 10:49 AM

I kept thinking Donald trump lol.

The Dolphins are the softest team in the NFL. Tua hater starting 12/11/22.

Surfs Up 99Surfs Up 99Forum Veteran
Sep 11, 2019, 11:37 AM

"Tin Indian wrote:

As you pointed out, it is a sample size of 1 at this point. The bad thing really is with this cast of characters on the field are we really going to be able to get an accurate read on him by the end of the season? I think we may be able to tell somethings, but not all. Worse is that it could be well into next season before we really do.

I'm not sure if it will make a difference or not, but I am hoping, in time, Flores brings some toughness to our team. Our guys come to Miami thinking it's a country club and play like a bunch of marshmallows. I want to see some grit and guys playing hard to the whistle.

Leadership isn't getting people to line up behind you; it is getting them to join you.

Sometimes the journey is as important as the destination.

The little things matter. Winning starts by not beating ourselves.

Mornings are for coffee and contemplation.

Team Tua.

Miami Dolphins Homer!

The_Dark_KnightThe_Dark_KnightForum Veteran
Sep 11, 2019, 03:01 PM

"Surfs Up 99 wrote:

I'm not sure if it will make a difference or not, but I am hoping, in time, Flores brings some toughness to our team. Our guys come to Miami thinking it's a country club and play like a bunch of marshmallows. I want to see some grit and guys playing hard to the whistle.

And for all 4 quarters. Can’t count how many times we’d blow a lead going into the 4th because the defense laid down

“The person you will spend the most time with in your life is yourself, so you better make sure you’re someone interesting”

KeyFinKeyFinForum Veteran
Sep 11, 2019, 09:38 PM

I saw two different sports betting handicappers giving their pick of the week as the Dolphins +17.5.

And that got me thinking- the last game was a blowout because the secondary completely crapped the bed. Maybe they worked some stuff out this week and will actually post a respectable game. That still doesn't fix other areas but still....I have a feeling we lose by less than 18 all of a sudden.

I don't gamble but I've noticed a pattern of heavy underdogs covering a big portion of the time in the NFL. Maybe Vegas bribes a ref when 90%+ bets on one team, I have no idea...but I think this one will be closer than we expect.

Winning football games at any level comes down to winning in the trenches.