1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So I got robbed last night...

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Stitches, May 1, 2008.

Tags:
  1. Stitches

Stitches ThePhin's Biggest Killjoy Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    I was sleeping in my apartment, on the floor. I was only asleep for like 4 hours (2am-6am), but when I woke up my wallet, my zune, and my keys were gone. Worst of all, my car was stolen and it had a ****load of stuff in it.

My flash drive was on my keys, and it had my last presentation for school on it, and that is today. I have no back up.

:cry:

Bad day so far.

Kanye West and texasPHINSfan like this.
  2. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Sorry to hear that Stitches..:sad:

3. azfinfanmang

azfinfanmang Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Wow Pete.. that really BITES!!!!

Let me get this straight. Somebody broke in while you were sleeping, and was able to get your stuff and get out? Thats some pretty serious sleeping going on.

4. Muck

Muck Throwback Uniform Crusader Retired Administrator

Nov 25, 2007
    Sunny Florida
    Do you live alone or do you have roommates?

I'd guess it was somebody who'd come by the house.

azfinfanmang likes this.
  5. azfinfanmang

Nov 23, 2007
    Yeah, that's kindve where I was going. Sounds like somebody knew how you lived, what your schedule was, where you put stuff etc etc....

6. NJFINSFAN1

NJFINSFAN1 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    Northwest New Jersey
    How the heck did you not wake up???

I guess its because you don't have kids, I hear every little sound in my house.

DOLPHAN1, Idahophin, njfinfan and 7 others like this.
  7. NJFINSFAN1

Nov 24, 2007
    Northwest New Jersey

Griddles????????:shifty:

8. charlestonphan

charlestonphan Junior Member

Mar 22, 2008
    i know the last thing you want to read right about now is a "things could be worse" post right about now, so please forgive me.

but you weren't hurt (thankfully), and other than the report on your flash drive all the other stuff is just that; "stuff" and it can be replaced over time.

and i agree with Muck, i would begin my search for the culprit just on the edges of your social circle. also, any chance you were drinking last night? if so, make a mental note of who saw you last night, and was aware of that fact.

glad you weren't hurt, dude!

Last edited: May 1, 2008
    Boik14, Gametime111, njfinfan and 4 others like this.
  9. azfinfanmang

Nov 23, 2007
    I was thinking you might want to check and make sure his car isnt in YOUR driveway

:escape:

10. NJFINSFAN1

Nov 24, 2007
    Northwest New Jersey

Nope, already been out and back this morning.:no:

Pete, I hope you didn't have your camera stolen or Walt will come looking for you, he wants the pic of his banner.

Glad your okay.

11. Stitches

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    It was at my new apartment where I slept last night. Only my girlfriend knows how to get here. It was no one I know that did it. I mostly want my car back.

I know it could be a lot worse. I had like all 150+ movies and 50+ games in my car because I was going to bring them up in the morning too. I value my car much more than that though, even if the movies and stuff probably cost more.

I even had GTAIV sealed in one of the boxes, because I was waiting until I got done with all my school work this week before I played it. :sad:

12. Motion

Motion New Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Sorry to hear that man.

Have you called the police yet?

13. finsgirlie

finsgirlie break my Luxury Box

Dec 2, 2007
    Fantasy Land
    did they break the window or did you do something silly like forget to lock the door? glad they didnt hurt you stitches...you know a lot of times when someone breaks in and sees the tenant in the house still they freak and kill them.

14. Firesole

Firesole Season Ticket Holder

Mar 24, 2008
    Goddamn dude. Sorry to hear that.

15. like2god

like2god Typical white person Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    CNY
    Sorry to hear that bro, I hope you find the asshat that did it.

16. MelbournePhin

MelbournePhin New Member

Nov 30, 2007
    melbourne,fl
    dam dude. how the hell?

17. JCowScot

JCowScot So funky the dead dance

Mar 22, 2008
    FLA USA
    Man, Stitches...you must've been LIGHTS-OUT. I hope the police can recover your stuff. Glad you weren't hurt. If they catch this guy, give him a good :nutkicker: for me, will ya??

18. ILPhinFan88

ILPhinFan88 Premium Member Luxury Box

Sorry to hear that, it always sucks to have your stuff stolen. :angry:

19. Stitches

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    that was the first thing that got done.

I feel so stupid that I didn't wake up.:sad:

20. Stitches

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    The police think someone climbed onto the balcony and came in through the sliding glass door (I didn't check and see if it was locked, I went straight to bed in the back when i got there).

21. GoPhins!

GoPhins! Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 29, 2007
    Winter Garden, FL
    Man, that sucks!

If it is a new apartment then make sure to get your door locks changed. It may have been someone that used to live there.

22. HardKoreXXX

HardKoreXXX Insensitive to the Touch

Apr 2, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    I would like to volunteer my services to hunt down and castrate whoever did this.

azfinfanmang likes this.
  23. like2god

like2god Typical white person Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    CNY
    Eh, it's alright. I'm a sound sleeper too. Nothing wrong with it, so don't beat yourself up over it.

24. DrAstroZoom

DrAstroZoom Canary in a Coal Mine Luxury Box

Jan 8, 2008
    Springfield, Ill.
    My heart goes out to you, Stitch. Our car was broken into last week, and the thief swiped a bunch of Mrs. Z's Josten's ring samples. Bled all over the place.

Do you happen to have renter's insurance? Also, your car insurance may cover some of what was in the car.

I'm so sorry. That's like being kicked in the gut.

25. opfinistic

opfinistic Braaaaains!

Dec 7, 2007
    Peeking in Nabo's Basement
    Actually you're probably lucky you slept through it. Hope you recover your stuff bro and glad you didn't get hurt. Getting robbed would infuriate me.

26. Ultra

Ultra Lazy

Mar 24, 2008
    Texas
    sorry for your bad luck, man. does your apartment have parking lot cameras or anything? I'm sure you've thoght of it, just throwing it out there.

27. Samphin

Samphin Κακό σκυλί ψόφο δεν έχει

Stitches...that sucks bro. Having been through this EXACT same thing 6 months ago, I know exactly what you are going through.

As for others who ask how he couldn't have woken up...it happens. And I am willing to bet it would happen to you too. My 50" plasma, my computer, Xbox and about $4,000 worth of other stuff was ripped off while I was sleeping in a 3 hour time frame. It happens, and when you are asleep, you aren't as aware as you think you are.

Sorry to hear this PEte. If you need anything, let me know... :(

28. azfinfanmang

Nov 23, 2007

Kindve where I was headed with this one...... :tongue2:

29. WharfRat

WharfRat Malignant Lunatic

Dude,.... that really sux... hope you get everything straightened out....

30. BuckeyeKing

BuckeyeKing Wolves DYNASTY!!!!

Dec 6, 2007
    God thats horrible Stitches. I hope you get everything back okay. Hopefully the crook is dumb enough to just drive around.

31. Firesole

Firesole Season Ticket Holder

Mar 24, 2008
    damn I feel bad for ya. Not only do you have to worry about all your stuff missing and your sanctitiy of your house being violated, but now you have to worry about the neighborhood you just moved into. What's the world coming to?

32. Vengeful Odin

Vengeful Odin Norse Mod

Dec 2, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Well that's depressing news man, I am sorry to hear about it. It's twice as bad because you just moved into a new place, and there's a level of excitement with that, and now you have to wonder what you got into ... Really sorry to hear about it man.

33. UCF FINatic

UCF FINatic The Miami Dolphins select

Apr 17, 2008
    When I was in high school someone broke into my car and stole some money, my phone and my ipod. I know that can't even compare to what you just went through, but I know how you feel. I felt really upset with society as a whole and felt violated. I really hope the police are able to catch the person that did this to you.

I did learn to leave nothing in my car that I wouldn't mind being stolen, as a precautionary measure. The only thing I have in my car right now is my TomTom charger and my itrip (ipod connector) and thats it, no CDs...nothing. If I am shopping and have bags of valuable stuff I try to hid them under the seats as best I can so they are not visible.

I know it really sucks what you just went through and you will probably see everyone as potential robbers for a while, but there are still some pretty good people out there. And If I where you I would try to talk to people that live by you. See if anything like this happened to them or if they heard or saw anything last night. While you are doing that try to peek into their apartments and look for any of your stuff.

34. unluckyluciano

unluckyluciano For My Hero JetsSuck

Dec 7, 2007
    damn man sorry to hear that bro. Good luck on everything and good luck on your presentation, that part really sucks. Just some advice in the future always backup everything you do, I too had to learn that the hard way, so now when I have a paper or presentation on I put it on another jump drive and forward it to all my email addresses, I'm not going to say how many I have because I am an uber geek............

But glad you weren't hurt bro, because you could have been. Hope they catch the mother ****er.

35. Phinperor

Phinperor formerly In_Flames Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    VA
    Damn Stitches, sorry to hear that bro. I hope they find your car atleast. I had something similar happen to me when I first moved out to Alabama for a short stint. The second night I was there someone had broken in through the sliding glass window in my apartment bedroom. The odd part was they passed up my computer and television to steal $150 worth of quarters (in a jar), prescription allergy medication, and my roomates NIN cd's.

36. unluckyluciano

Dec 7, 2007
    drug addict probably robbed you bro and took the medicine to see if he could get high off of it. ;)

37. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    well cause of the quaters....he probably also loved going to the arcade.....

38. Phinperor

Phinperor formerly In_Flames Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    VA
    Yeah, that's what the cops said as well. Whoever it was also managed to trash the place pretty good in the process, but it could have been alot worse. I feel for ya Stitch.

39. unluckyluciano

Dec 7, 2007
    is that a confession?

40. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC

:whistling: