So I bought a thing.

16 replies

DestroyerDestroyerForum VeteranOP
Jul 29, 2019, 09:05 PM

It's absolutely awesome. This is sure to be a staple at cookouts and more for years to come.

The Dolphins are the softest team in the NFL. Tua hater starting 12/11/22.

MIMiamiforlifeForum Veteran
Jul 29, 2019, 09:23 PM

"Destroyer wrote:

It's absolutely awesome. This is sure to be a staple at cookouts and more for years to come.

That is cool.

GalantGalantForum Veteran
Jul 30, 2019, 04:39 AM

Nice. Light weight?

What was the cost?


"Although we are capable of great acts of kindness, history teaches us that we sometimes need saving from ourselves – from our recklessness or our greed. God sent into the world a unique person – neither a philosopher nor a general, important though they are, but a Saviour, with the power to forgive... It is my prayer that on this Christmas day we might all find room in our lives for the message of the angels and for the love of God through Christ our Lord." (Christmas message, 2011)

DestroyerDestroyerForum Veteran
Jul 30, 2019, 11:08 AM

"Galant wrote:

Nice. Light weight?

What was the cost?

The weight about 20 LBS each. The cost to have them made was 140 for the set.

The Dolphins are the softest team in the NFL. Tua hater starting 12/11/22.

GalantGalantForum Veteran
Jul 30, 2019, 11:12 AM

Ah so custom - not "off the shelf"?


"Although we are capable of great acts of kindness, history teaches us that we sometimes need saving from ourselves – from our recklessness or our greed. God sent into the world a unique person – neither a philosopher nor a general, important though they are, but a Saviour, with the power to forgive... It is my prayer that on this Christmas day we might all find room in our lives for the message of the angels and for the love of God through Christ our Lord." (Christmas message, 2011)

The_Dark_KnightThe_Dark_KnightForum Veteran
Jul 30, 2019, 12:24 PM

"Destroyer wrote:

It's absolutely awesome. This is sure to be a staple at cookouts and more for years to come.

There’s a guy in Titusville who sells those on the side of US1

Very cool

“The person you will spend the most time with in your life is yourself, so you better make sure you’re someone interesting”

Unlucky 13Unlucky 13Supporter
Jul 30, 2019, 02:45 PM

When I was a kid, I was really good at beanbag toss. Now, I'm embarassingly terrible. It took my brother in law and I about half an hour for one of us to get to 20 points on the 4th of July. :lol:

resnorresnorForum Veteran
Jul 30, 2019, 05:42 PM

"Galant wrote:

Ah so custom - not "off the shelf"?

You can buy that exact vinyl cover for like $60. Then head to the lumber yard, buy a couple 2x4s, and screws and a sheet of plywood, and make it yourself. Instructions are easily available for free online.

PLplc001Supporter
Jul 30, 2019, 07:07 PM

"resnor wrote:

You can buy that exact vinyl cover for like $60. Then head to the lumber yard, buy a couple 2x4s, and screws and a sheet of plywood, and make it yourself. Instructions are easily available for free online.

To be fair, once you buy the lumber and hardware, stain and the 60 dollar graphic... you are embarrassingly close to his purchase price... especially if you need to buy the hole drill bit. The plywood is a bit pricey depending on the wood you choose too. Ive built a few, if it wasn’t for the fact that I enjoy it, it wouldn’t have been worth it. Particularly if you’re building just one.

PandarillaPandarillaForum Veteran
Jul 30, 2019, 08:11 PM

A Dolphin glory hole?...

THTheOneForum Veteran
Jul 30, 2019, 09:50 PM

"Pandarilla wrote:

A Dolphin glory hole?...

[ATTACH:full]

resnorresnorForum Veteran
Jul 30, 2019, 10:45 PM

"plc001 wrote:

To be fair, once you buy the lumber and hardware, stain and the 60 dollar graphic... you are embarrassingly close to his purchase price... especially if you need to buy the hole drill bit. The plywood is a bit pricey depending on the wood you choose too. Ive built a few, if it wasn’t for the fact that I enjoy it, it wouldn’t have been worth it. Particularly if you’re building just one.

Yeah, I mean I usually have some wood kicking around, so all I'd need to buy world be the vinyl graphic. But yeah, not with it, especially if you don't at least have a saw and a drill.

Puka-headPuka-headSupporter
Aug 3, 2019, 01:18 PM

"resnor wrote:

You can buy that exact vinyl cover for like $60. Then head to the lumber yard, buy a couple 2x4s, and screws and a sheet of plywood, and make it yourself. Instructions are easily available for free online.

I just made a set of boards and made our own bags too. I followed a set of instructions I found online. Paint screws lumber all in was about $80. Took me two days with sanding the top smooth and painting but my 9 yr old daughter helped me the whole way so it was lots of fun. Only thing I would do differently is to use 2×2 instead of 2x4 for the frame to cut down on the weight some.

resnorresnorForum Veteran
Aug 3, 2019, 01:51 PM

Yeah, the vinyl graphic would cost almost as much as all the rest of the materials. But if you are just painting it yourself, it's pretty inexpensive and a fun little project.

Tin IndianTin IndianForum Veteran
Aug 4, 2019, 07:00 AM

"The_Dark_Knight wrote:

There’s a guy in Titusville who sells those on the side of US1

Very cool

Really? I rarely get up that way so I'll have to go look for him some weekend.

Not My Circus, Not My Monkeys.

AguaAguaForum Veteran
Aug 4, 2019, 12:43 PM

Okay, I'll be that guy: what is it?

SilverphinSilverphinForum Veteran
Aug 4, 2019, 01:38 PM

"Agua wrote:

Okay, I'll be that guy: what is it?

It's used for playing cornhole.