1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So has anyone else decided that...

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Trowa, Sep 22, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Trowa

Trowa A world of pain

May 8, 2008
    ...this game hurts too bad and you're too pissed to go to sleep so you've decided to just get ****ed up till you can't feel feelings any more? If so, join the club.

In the 19 years I've been a Dolphins fan I can only remember 1 other game that I felt as bad after losing, regular season at least, and that was Christmas night against the Jets in 06. I just knew the Fins were going to deliver me the greatest Christmas present of all time and they blew it. I know it's just a game, but this one hurt the soul.

This trumps the Texans game last year, the midnight miracle...all of em. I wear my heart on my sleeves for the Fins. During the 1-15 season I showed up at the sports bar every Sunday wearing my colors despite all the **** I got. I've never once been ashamed to wear my colors. I've never once wavered in my fandom. Last weekend, leaving the Georgia Dome, I said Go Fins to everyone I saw in a Dolphins jersey because I love this team, I've never called myself a fan of another NFL team. And I never will. I will be a Dolphins fan till the day I die. I have no doubt of that. But tonight...all I can say is this one hurts.

And I'm sorry if this isn't the place for this thread. But I knew you guys would understand. It's just been a hard day. I got laid off today and that game...anyway, I'm rambling now. I just had to get that out. But, no matter how much they upset us, let us never forget our love for the Dolphins.

GO FINS!

Die_Nasty and BuckeyeKing like this.
  2. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

sucks they lost on top of you losing your job.

i can't even imagine how you feel...

not like the death of a loved one, but a pretty screwed up situation.

3. GISH

GISH ~mUST wARN oTHERS~

Nov 23, 2007
    Over Yonder
    the feelings are mutual. this was a very tough one to swallow.

sorry to hear about your job. thats gotta be tough on top of this loss.

4. BuckeyeKing

BuckeyeKing Wolves DYNASTY!!!!

Dec 6, 2007
    Yeah I put to much emotion in these football games where it gets me down right depressed :(

5. Roman529

Roman529 Senior Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Colorado Springs, CO
    I took a percocet after the game just to take away most of the pain I am feeling. We were steam rolling the Colts....their defense was totally exhausted and we had the game in hand, but after we scored Manning came right back in and BAM they scored just like that.

Why the hell is "Gerbil" Wilson on this team?....my sister can tackle better than this turd. Our linebackers cannot tackle or stay with TE's like Clark, and yes I am talking about Crowder and Ayodele. I don't think you can blame Pennington, or even Ginn as he kept a lot of drives going on 3rd down. Probably 99.9% of the time teams that have the ball 45 minutes on offense win.....this game is right up there with the 62-7 loss in Marino's last game, and the 2002 Week 17 loss to the Pats after we blew a 11 point 4th quarter lead. Some teams and players always seem to find ways to win the close games.....very rarely do you see Miami on winning side of these close ones. I will always love my Phins but these games scar you for a long time. I just hope the team doesn't fall flat having to fly to San Diego.....it coulda/shoulda been a great night for Miami but it turns into another horrible loss. I am heading to bed but I know I won't be getting much sleep thinking about this one.

6. High Definition

High Definition No Smoke / No Drink 2011+

Nov 26, 2007
    South Beach
    Honestly think I'm skipping class tomorrow because of this ****. I haven't been so pissed after a Dolphins loss in a long time. It won't hurt. I'm on top of my game.

45 to 15. That number is going to play in my head until September 2010. **** man.

In terms of sports, this is the worst game after feel I've had since Miami was robbed in the Nat'l title against OSU (sorry BuckeyeKing). And it's week 2 of the regular season. Doesn't add up, but whatever.

7. Die_Nasty

Die_Nasty Well-Known Member

May 16, 2008
    West Palm Beach, FL
    It was a rough loss. Walking out of the stadium I felt like fighting everyone I saw...hopefully I can think more clearly tomorrow.

8. BuckeyeKing

BuckeyeKing Wolves DYNASTY!!!!

Dec 6, 2007
    There was a penalty on the play just wasn't PI.

But Miami gets to exact revenge on Ohio St next year.

9. NaboCane

NaboCane Banned

Nov 24, 2007
    Yes. I do believe I'll be having an adult beverage in 3...2...1...

10. Pandarilla

Pandarilla Purist Emeritus

Sep 10, 2009
    Boone, NC
    Dude, start taking your percocets late in the 3rd quarter...(Oh sorry, right, your job)...Start selling your percocets after the game in the parking lot...

11. High Definition

High Definition No Smoke / No Drink 2011+

Nov 26, 2007
    South Beach
  12. jdang307

jdang307 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 29, 2007
    San Diego
    Monday night miracle was pretty bad for me. Back then i had one of those pager doohickies that paged you everytime something happened (my ex-gf hated it). was in a law school class during the game. Got out of class jumped in the car put on the radio and was all smiles. Rushed home. by the time we got home the disaster was unfolding. It was horrible.

13. NaboCane

NaboCane Banned

Nov 24, 2007
    That was FAR worse than this.

For one thing, tonight we got beat by the best QB in the game; that back then - it was THE JETS!

14. muscle979

muscle979 Season Ticket Holder

Dec 12, 2007
    Evans, GA
    Not even Peyton should be able to win when he's only on the field 15 minutes in the entire game. That game brought pathetic to a new level. As nice as it would have been for Ginn to become better than average and actually make that big play at the end, the loss falls squarely on the shoulders of the defense and the scared, 'let's kick field goals' mentality with the playcalling late. It was Wannyball all over again. When the offense can't be stopped you go for touchdowns, that's all there is to it. Score those touchdowns and not even Peyton would have had enough time to overcome it.