1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Slaton vs Miami Defense.

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by dolpns13, Oct 10, 2008.

1. dolpns13

dolpns13 Chest Rockwell is my hero

Dec 3, 2007
    North Jersey
    We are hoping and probably predicting that Ronnie has a good game against a bad Houston run defense... However Slaton is also a very viable weapon for Houston and he tends to find the endzone quite easily it seems. That being said, I was wondering about everyones thoughs on how people think Slaton, who really scares the hell outta me this week, will do against the Dolphin defense. Slaton actually scares me more than Johnson does this week. He averages 5 yards a carry and has rushed for 3 TD's in 4 games. Also has 1 recieving TD. Maybe im giving him too many props, but he is a good, quick runner who just finds the endzone.

Thoughts?

2. bkbuffet

bkbuffet Season Ticket Holder

Nov 28, 2007
    Omaha, NE
    Ask LT how easy it is to run on the Dolphin's D.
    12 carries for 35 yards.

gafinfan, Kanye West and djphinfan like this.
  3. dolpns13

dolpns13 Chest Rockwell is my hero

Dec 3, 2007
    North Jersey
    not to take anything away from our defense, but a healthy Slaton actually scares me more than a marginally healthy LT

GISH, Phinz420 and TheAnswer385 like this.
  4. The Aqua Crush

The Aqua Crush New Member

Jun 15, 2008
    Calgary Alberta Canada
    It will scare me if our d doesn't respect what he can do and prep accordinly. I think our coaches and players will be ready for him and AJohnson. I think we can limit him enough not to be a gamechanger, but he will probably find some successes during the game, just not enough to break us.

5. Jackson

Jackson Bruce Banner

Mar 24, 2008
    Connecticut/Florida
    I think Slaton is good and can be trouble for us if we don't contain him. That being said, Owen Daniels is the guy I am most worried about. He killed us last year and with all the attention being on Johnson and Slaton, he will see favorable match-ups all day. Look for Schaub to go to him often in an effort to get into rhythm and pick up first downs.

6. bkbuffet

bkbuffet Season Ticket Holder

Nov 28, 2007
    Omaha, NE
    OK, how about this.
    The Steelers and Jags held him to 3.3 YPC.
    You take away the 50 yarder against the Titans, and he only had 3.8 YPC.
    Indy is giving up almost 200 rushing yards a game average.

I'm not saying he is not talented, nor below concern... but I don't see scary in those stats.

late again and Alex44 like this.
  7. finzman13

finzman13 New Member

Oct 6, 2008
    Mr. Slayton will get a warm welcome to the NFL this weekend. Bet on that baby.:up:

gafinfan and djphinfan like this.
  8. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    I think Ferguson could control the line against the Texans offensive line. If Slaton tries to bounce it out, I'm confident in Roth and Porter making the play. My worry is that if our 'backers over-pursue on the play because if Slaton gets in the second level, he can make people miss. The thing I've noticed about Slaton is that he keeps his feet moving. He ran like a pro RB in college and against Tennessee, he got hit but kept going and eventually ended up in the endzone on a play. He's also dangerous in the pass game. I think this game will be won in the trenches, that, imo, will be the determining factor.

Good point.

The thing about Daniels is that I think Roth could potentially be able to cover him. Daniels spreads the field horizontally instead of vertically and I think that Roth could keep up with him that way. He gets a lot of his yards after catch. One thing to watch though is when the Texans have six or more yards to go, they often go to him in those situations, no matter the down.

9. Larryfinfan

Larryfinfan 17-0...Priceless Club Member

I am leaning more towards Buffets comments than worry, but if we can bottle them up early in the game, we'll be ok...if we let them get on a roll.....look out...they are certainly a team that his better than their record, to me and they've played Pitt, Jax, Tenn and Indy..not exactly a cushy schedule...

10. Crunkcore

Crunkcore The Crunk One

Jun 17, 2008
    We must contain Slaton early and often in this game.

11. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    Weren't two of Slatons TD's also from the one or two yard line? Not impressed with him very much honestly.

bkbuffet pretty much said it right.

12. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    YEAYYYY..THATS WHAT IAM TALKIN ABOUT!!!.. even if he runs pretty well, hes still gonna get pummeled, and thats what i love about this team, i know what their gonna bring to the table.

13. GISH

GISH ~mUST wARN oTHERS~

Nov 23, 2007
    Over Yonder
    he's just another darren sproles, but without LT to spell him.