1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Skyrim

Discussion in 'Gaming Forum' started by Zeke0123, Oct 30, 2011.

1. MonstBlitz

MonstBlitz Nobody's Fart Catcher

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    Isn't that what it's called? Anyway, the quest where you pick a side - Imperials or Nords.

2. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dol-Fan Dupree Tank? Who is Tank? I am Guy Incognito.

Dec 11, 2007
    [video=youtube;YEMD28MMtNg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=YEMD28MMtNg[/video]

muscle979, MonstBlitz and rafael like this.
  3. BicketyBam

BicketyBam No Fist Pumps Allowed

Sep 6, 2010
    New Milford, CT
    Did you become the head of the thieves guild? You have to do a ton of jobs for Vex and the other dude to complete that. I am 3/4 there.

4. finsincebirth

finsincebirth Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2007
    sorry I was asking if you had done out yet. Didn't read you were about too

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

5. dolfan32323

dolfan32323 ty xphinfanx

Nov 27, 2007
    Washington DC
    I have done all but the last quest. Peronally, I decided to hold off on doing the last quest for a long time because you get a very nice item from the 2nd to last quest that you lose if you become the Head of the Thieves Guild. Great story line though.

MonstBlitz likes this.
  6. finsincebirth

Dec 1, 2007
    I have run into the frame rate issues that others have, and make the game almost unplayable

7. BicketyBam

Sep 6, 2010
    New Milford, CT
    Head of the Thieves Guild involves completing all of the special jobs from Delvin (4). To get the special jobs, you must complete 5 small jobs in a city. Even after you've completed a special job and unlocked a fence for that city, you will still get offered small jobs for that city. So you are looking at a minimum of 24 thieves jobs to become the Head and in reality it is more like 50. It takes forever. Also, my character is at the point where there is nothing the game could give me that I would want. I forget what level I am, but it's in the mid 60's. My goal is to finish everything and I still have one more city to complete a a special job for.

What is the nice item you refer to? The nightingale powers? I never use it. Ever.

8. MonstBlitz

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    To answer your other question, yes I'm the leader of the thieves guild. Took awhile, but it's a lot quicker if you decline "quit" the jobs in cities you no longer need to perform jobs in.

As for the nightingale powers I use the invisibility one all the time. Or at least I did before I became too powerful to need it. But it's still great for thievin'.

9. BicketyBam

Sep 6, 2010
    New Milford, CT
    Delvin and Vex are so mean when I decline a job. It makes me sad :( ;)

I started decling jobs recently, but I don't play nearly as much as I used to.

10. dolfan32323

dolfan32323 ty xphinfanx

Nov 27, 2007
    Washington DC

No I am referring to this item:

The Skeleton Key. It is an unbreakable lockpick that will allow to open anything and max your lockpick skill. I'm only level 19 or so so it is very useful for me.

11. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    I am buying Skyrim tonight, I can't wait to get started. I told my wife as I made the decision to buy it: "I am buying Skyrim tonight........goodbye"

12. MonstBlitz

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    Enjoy! About 160 hours in now. Promised myself I would finish the game this weekend since I had Monday off. The entire weekend was spent clearing miscellaneous quests, side quests, mixing potions, enchanting ****, making armor, and not one step further in the main quest.

13. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    Jesus it sounds so tedious. I can't wait to start my journey and just wing it...

14. Stitches

Stitches ThePhin's Biggest Killjoy Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX

Haha, I'm half as invested as you. I don't think I'm very far in the main quest, I usually find myself doing miscellaneous quests with most of my time.

15. finsincebirth

Dec 1, 2007
    60 hours in. Stopped playing until they fix the frame rate bug. Shame too, because I had just started the main quest.

16. MonstBlitz

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    I haven't even seen a dragon yet. I keep telling myself just do this one last quest, then you can do the main quest. But then I stumble upon 10 other quests while trying to finish one. As great as this game is, it's really bad for people with borderline OCD issues like myself. But I'm doing much better now that I've decided to stop carrying around useless junk, picking up food, searching barrels and sacks for worthless food, etc. Now I can clear out a cave in 20 minutes to half an hour instead of the 2 hours it used to take.

17. BicketyBam

Sep 6, 2010
    New Milford, CT
    You are going to murder the main quest line. It will be borderline boring.

-Ed-
    sent from my mobile device

18. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dec 11, 2007
    That almost seems sad. I had so much fun adding the dynamic dragon events to the game.

Stitches likes this.
  19. MonstBlitz

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    Maybe, but someone told me earlier in this thread (I think VO) that it was annoying to have dragons randomly drop in while "questing". So I'll enjoy the dragons plenty doing the main quest and finishing up side quests I missed after I finish the main. Not like I'm never going to see the dragons.

20. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dec 11, 2007
    It can be annoying, however it can also be really exciting. I enjoyed being in situations where I was fighting a group of people and then a dragon would attack. Then they wouldn't know who to attack because the dragon would attack both, so it was playing off attacking me and the dragon.

Some of my favorite memories of the game is the dynamic dragon attacks. Yes, when I really wanted to get a mission done and a dragon attacked, it could be annoying, however the fun times really outweighed the annoying times.

Does this also mean you do not have the shouts?

21. muscle979

muscle979 Season Ticket Holder

Dec 12, 2007
    Evans, GA
    I've played for hours and have barely left Whiterun.

Now the Companions are offering to turn me into a werewolf. I'm having a hard time deciding.

22. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dec 11, 2007
    There is a point in the quest line where you can change your mind.

muscle979 likes this.
  23. BicketyBam

Sep 6, 2010
    New Milford, CT
    True, but instead of having intense battles where you have to take cover, be patient, and use everything in your inventory to win, you will smack it 5 times and move on. And the final battle will be a joke. It was for me and I felt cheated. I think the suggested level for the final quest is 28. I was 60. Not good.

24. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dec 11, 2007
    I beat a few dragons early on by strategic leveling.

25. Paul 13

Paul 13 Chaotic Neutral & Unstable Genius Staff Member

Dec 3, 2007
    This video is for you...

[video=youtube;doBGglOUOiE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doBGglOUOiE[/video]

MonstBlitz likes this.
  26. MonstBlitz

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    Oh I've got plenty of shouts. Just can't use them yet. It's not like I'm never going to get to do what you're talking about. I still have plenty of quests left. I'm going to go far enough in the quest to trigger the dragons tomorrow night. Yep, poppin' my dragon cherry. The dead one in that dungeon didn't count. I only put the tip in.

27. pennphinfan

pennphinfan Stelin Canez Arcade Scorz

Dec 13, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Just somethin I've noticed if you want to avoid the draugr fights. Cast a rune or any AOE spell on the coffin and it will activate the draugr separately, including bosses like dragon priests. Makes those battles much easier to handle

28. finsincebirth

Dec 1, 2007
    On the topic of dragons, I remember before the game came out that the developers were talking about how their appearances were completely random. That they appeared based on a probabilty of chance numbers, however I don't think this is entirely true. I have noticed that almost every single time I fast travel to Winterhold there is a dragon fight. I almost feel bad for the people that live there because they are getting attacked at least every play through. Also I have had situations whre I have fast traveled to a location and had to fight a dragon only to die. When I reload and fast travel again the dragon is still there. Every time I reload and fast travel the dragon is there. Which means that can't be entirely random because the odds of that happening have to be very small.

29. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dec 11, 2007
    I didn't have the Winterhold experience. I do not think I ever fought a dragon there.

There were some spots that were dragon were a constant battle.

30. BicketyBam

Sep 6, 2010
    New Milford, CT
    The college was a hot spot for me. Poor Jazaro bought the farm in the courtyard.

-Ed-
    sent from my mobile device

31. MonstBlitz

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    Update: Killed my first dragon last night. I'm not sure if that's far enough in the main quest where they will start appearing, but I'm hoping it is. All miscellaneous quests (except the bugged or variant quests) are cleared. Now I'm going to clear the dozen or so side quests I have left while hopefully killing plenty more dragons before the main quest.

Anybody know if / when there will be downloadable content / add-ons for this game?

32. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    [video=youtube;Bifmj1O3D24]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bifmj1O3D24&feature=player_embedded[/video]

[video=youtube;Od-b82jxj4E]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Od-b82jxj4E&feature=related[/video]

33. Clipse

Clipse mediocrity sucks

Sep 27, 2009
    Roanoke, Virginia
    Nothing's been announced yet, but I imagine we'll get some March at the latest, possibly February.

MonstBlitz likes this.
  34. MonstBlitz

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    Well, at various points in the game while leveling up I'd notice the game would suddenly get harder. I think at various points of leveling up the enemies you face level up too. I think I read that somewhere (maybe here). Right now I'm at level 70. The game has gotten very easy in some regards, but I'm still stumbling across mages that can take me out with 2 or 3 blasts of magic despite having an armor rating over 1000.

The fun part about getting to a level this high is it forces you to level up the skills you barely used during the game. I'm still having a really good time. I think I've got about a week or 2 left of gameplay.

35. Stitches

Stitches ThePhin's Biggest Killjoy Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    In case someone hasn't got this game yet, it's $40 this week on Steam (well until Friday I think).

36. Clipse

Clipse mediocrity sucks

Sep 27, 2009
    Roanoke, Virginia
    Skyrim got a High Res Texture pack and Creation Kit today.

37. MonstBlitz

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    I'm guessing this is a PC only thing?

38. MonstBlitz

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    I've ruined Skyrim the same way I ruin my appetite with really big meals. I save the best part (main quest) for last and eat all the other stuff(side quests) first. But by the time I get to the best part, I'm already full.

Playing the game has become like work. I'm really struggling to finish it.

Dol-Fan Dupree likes this.
  39. Clipse

Clipse mediocrity sucks

Sep 27, 2009
    Roanoke, Virginia
    Yes. The Skyrim textures on PC are trash since they're made for 5-6 year old consoles. Though I don't really care about this pack since the 2K textures mod is better and has been here awhile. The Creation Kit is the real prize here. Gives us the great modding we've come to expect from Bethesda games.

40. Clipse

Clipse mediocrity sucks

Sep 27, 2009
    Roanoke, Virginia
    I know how you feel. I just came back from a 2 week vacation from Skyrim. Long games and ADD do not mix well :lol: Only one I've been able to play through recently without taking a break has been Witcher 2.