1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SIs 1st mock draft...Miami selects...

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by vmarcilfan75, Jan 23, 2009.

1. vmarcilfan75

vmarcilfan75 blah...blah...blah... Club Member

Dec 13, 2007
    City Of Angels

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/don_banks/01/22/mock1/index.html

gafinfan likes this.
  2. Mrtree

Mrtree Juan Huron's agent

Dec 8, 2007
    Atlanta, GA
  3. Frayser

Frayser Barstool Philosopher

Dec 4, 2007
    Atlanta, GA
    I still think Nicks is the name I would like most on the back of my next jersey.

4. New Era

New Era Waterboy

Nov 28, 2007
    Would not love the pick...but could understand the pick. If he kicks the injury bug, he could very well end up being a very solid player for a lot of defenses. His draft stock was much higher last season. If he would have came out, I think he would have been a Top 15 pick for sure. But now a season later...BEFORE combine, he seems to be dropping like a stone from his previous years rank. He could still turn things around again & climb back up inside the TOP 15.

I love mock drafts, they are fun to read and create. They will be really fun once teams know who is going to resign with them. Then we can get a much better look on who are are going to draft on day 1.

We have some really big positions that are free agents. Anyone of them could swing our entire draft.

LB, CB, S, RT...all could be a day one pick. Maybe even a 1st round pick. I hope Miami gets real busy next month. It would be much easier to see the options for the draft, If Miami resigned the above FA's.

If we lose any of the above Starting Free Agents...our draft is about replacing positions that already fell short in the 1st round of the playoffs (But no so much due to them...). It's not the end of the world, just not taking a step forward for 2009 season, that I think we all would like to see for the most part. But it could help for the 2010+ seasons if the rookie draft plays out well.

I would love to see Miami resign then draft the following positions...

1) CB
    2a) LB
    2b) NT
    3) FS
    4) WR
    5) RG
    7) RT
    7) LB
    7) SS

5. ASUFinFan

ASUFinFan Uh huh

Dec 8, 2007
    Scottsdale, AZ
    That wouldn't bother me ither. I like a few of the Wr's in this draft.

6. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

Sports Illustrated also picked the Eagles and the Patriots to go to the Super Bowl.

Just Sayin' :shifty:

7. RealDriscoll

RealDriscoll Banned

Jan 9, 2008
    Agreed,

Laurinaitis is a good football player but too small by Parcells' standards. I don't think drafting him would be a bad move but I don't think it would be a good move. Inside Linebacker is going to be a major need and something I see us addressing via free agency. Bart Scott is a player who truely intigues me due to his ability, knowledge in the 3-4 system, and ability to lay the lumber. Living in Baltimore we get a lot of coverage on the Ravens defense. With Ray Lewis, Terrell Suggs, and Jason Brown being free agents , Scott is a likely goner.

8. Frayser

Frayser Barstool Philosopher

Dec 4, 2007
    Atlanta, GA
    I thought news broke shortly after they lost to Pittsburgh that Suggs and Scott were going to be their top two priorities.

9. pocoloco

pocoloco I'm your huckleberry Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    North Chicagoland
    isn't Laurinaitis like 6'3" 245 or so? That sounds about right size-wise, and the guy supposedly very good in coverage and tackles sound.

djphinfan and Boomer like this.
  10. PerfectTeam

PerfectTeam Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Port St. Lucie, FL
    the only thing that worries me with laurinaitis is how well can he handle taking on blockers in the middle. it doesnt seem like his strong suit. good football player but im not quite sold yet for him being a target for us.

11. Regan21286

Regan21286 MCAT's, EMT's, AMCAS, ugh

Dec 3, 2007
    UCLA, CA
    They were right. Just a few years late.

12. jdang307

jdang307 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 29, 2007
    San Diego
    Don Banks, about the worst NFL writer I know ...

13. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Well, I put James L at the top of my mock draft simply because it is "conventional wisdom" we need a ILB, there are two who are worth a #1 pick, he is most likely to be there.

"But" Ireland and Tuna have scouts out everywhere, they could be looking at a handful of ILB's in the 3rd round, some from smaller schools that fit our needs. That would be the sort of pick they would pull off, a small school ILB who was a team captain and no one really is paying much attention to their draft stock.

14. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    I've got Laurinaitis at 6'2", 240 lbs. but who knows if its correct since he decided to skip the Senior Bowl weigh in.

15. RBrown23

RBrown23 Thanks GISH

Jan 21, 2009
    Maryland
    Would like the pick because I trust the trifecta and their picks. I questioned Langford last year and he turned out great. The more "sexy" name to us fans would be a Hakeem Nicks. I would love that pick.

ASUFinFan likes this.