1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Since 1985 only 8 teams have not made the superbowl of course we are one of them

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by pumpdogs, Feb 5, 2011.

1. muscle979

muscle979 Season Ticket Holder

Dec 12, 2007
    Evans, GA
    DC is a pretty good counterargument. There are a lot of out of towners around DC, a lot of young people, a lot to do in and around town and they still manage to keep a ravenous fanbase.

2. Garryowen

Garryowen New Member

Nov 26, 2007
    I don't consider the Titans the Oilers, nor the Ravens the Browns. They are the Cleveland Browns. They've been around a minute or two. I was part of 1/7 Cavalry when I was in the Army, a unit who has many times over turned over it's personnel and, leaders..But we were still 1/7. Same with all the other units in the Army. A franchise doesn't become "new" because it changes players, coaches, or anything else. The uniform and the name is what matters.

3. Da 'Fins

Da 'Fins Season Ticket Holder Staff Member Club Member

Dec 19, 2007
    Birmingham, AL
    That's fine, but that doesn't a) answer the snipe shot you levied; or b) understand that at 19 you don't have the same experience of disappointment; or c) realize that a forum like this is where fans will also have occasions for expressing frustration. That's as much a part of being a fan of a team as anything else. This is a "fan forum."

Further, having a positive attitude has to have some basis in reality as well. Hoping the Cubs win the World Series is great. Believing they will win this year is irrational! lol!

Unrelated, but wondering: You say, "I don't care much about them" - are you a fan? Just curious. No problem if you aren't. It's just odd that if you don't care, what are you doing on a Dolphins forum? Again, I don't state that as a criticism, just curious.

4. Hellion

Hellion Crash Club Member

Dec 4, 2007
    Here and there
    If you move your house to a new lot and someone builds a new one on your old lot even the same style and color , is it the same house? No it isn't.

Regardless 5 years after the Browns moved and became the Ravens an expansion team was awarded to Cleveland and they are called the Browns. If the Houston franchise named the team the Oilers instead of the Texans does that make them the same team and organization that left for Nashville?? No it doesn't.

I'm done hijacking the thread.