Since 1985 only 8 teams have not made the superbowl of course we are one of them
81 replies
"MarinePhinFan wrote:
To me part of the fun of being a fan is debating on the things that can make this team better. Football wouldn't be much fun if the Dolphins won the Super Bowl every year. All good franchises have their up and down periods.
Please retract this statement because it is the dumbest statement I have ever heard of on this site.Win every year,we haven't won in 39 years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Wow I sure wouldn't want the dolphins to have the success of the steelers.Please.
"uab_phin wrote:
I respectfully disagree.
Why even watch if no other teams can even compete?
People are always blaming their circumstances for what they are. I don't believe in circumstances. The people who get on in this world are the people who get up and look for the circumstances they want, and, if they can't find them, make them. ----George Bernard Shaw
"pumpdogs wrote:
Please retract this statement because it is the dumbest statement I have ever heard of on this site.Win every year,we haven't won in 39 years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Wow I sure wouldn't want the dolphins to have the success of the steelers.Please.
Steelers don't win every year. They had a great decade in the 1970's and they are having another great decade now. Not being able to comprehend what I wrote doesn't make it stupid.
People are always blaming their circumstances for what they are. I don't believe in circumstances. The people who get on in this world are the people who get up and look for the circumstances they want, and, if they can't find them, make them. ----George Bernard Shaw
"MarinePhinFan wrote:
Since 1985 the Dolphins have had 11 playoff seasons and 5 losing seasons.
AND............No super bowl appearances.!!!!! Isnt that the goal of NFL teams ?? To build a Super Bowl caliber team??? I understand its only a business to some owners but from day one of training camp all teams have a common goal- otherwise why bother.
"RGF wrote:
:pity:
Are you upset that its the Browns or that i put them in as a "fairly new team"? Because they were an expansion team when the original Browns and org. moved to Baltimore.
"MarinePhinFan wrote:
Exactly! The Dolphins have played in 1 out of every 9 Super Bowls. There are at least 20 other teams that WISH they were the Miami Dolphins.
But why????? Oh,I get it, because of there history. THATS EXACTLY THE POINT WE`RE MAKING HERE. Surely no other team is jealous of these Dolphins. The Dolphins were good,they are not good now. Thats what this entire thread is all about.
"pumpdogs wrote:
Please retract this statement because it is the dumbest statement I have ever heard of on this site.Win every year,we haven't won in 39 years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Wow I sure wouldn't want the dolphins to have the success of the steelers.Please.
From 1933 to 1971 the Steelers had 30 .500 or worse seasons with 1 playoff appearance. 38 years. ;)
People are always blaming their circumstances for what they are. I don't believe in circumstances. The people who get on in this world are the people who get up and look for the circumstances they want, and, if they can't find them, make them. ----George Bernard Shaw
"MarinePhinFan wrote:
Why even watch if no other teams can even compete?
How many games have you watched hoping that the other team will beat us? How many seasons have you gone into hoping that we don't win a Super Bowl? I'm sure John Wooden hated 1967 to 1973, seems like a miserable time to be a UCLA basketball fan.
"uab_phin wrote:
How many games have you watched hoping that the other team will beat us? How many seasons have you gone into hoping that we don't win a Super Bowl? I'm sure John Wooden hated 1967 to 1973, seems like a miserable time to be a UCLA basketball fan.
None. I root for the Dolphins every game. However, if the Dolphins win the Super Bowl for the next 10 years straight I probably would lose interest. The DOlphins will have another good decade. A 3 to 4 Super Bowl winning decade would be awesome.
People are always blaming their circumstances for what they are. I don't believe in circumstances. The people who get on in this world are the people who get up and look for the circumstances they want, and, if they can't find them, make them. ----George Bernard Shaw
"Hellion wrote:
Are you upset that its the Browns or that i put them in as a "fairly new team"? Because they were an expansion team when the original Browns and org. moved to Baltimore.
Yeah,you`re right. When I think "Browns" I think long history.
"MarinePhinFan wrote:
None. I root for the Dolphins every game. However, if the Dolphins win the Super Bowl for the next 10 years straight I probably would lose interest. The DOlphins will have another good decade. A 3 to 4 Super Bowl winning decade would be awesome.
I agree with this idea (I think that I could still bring myself around to watching the dolphins during that 10 year span though), but I'd MUCH rather be winning it every year than to be in our current situation.
"MarinePhinFan wrote:
From 1933 to 1971 the Steelers had 30 .500 or worse seasons with 1 playoff appearance. 38 years. ;)
From 1933 to 1971 they never had any success therefore they had nothing to look back on and say we once were..thats what this thread is about. Trust me Steeler fans were saying the same thing we are even after their loss to Dallas in the superbowl. a proud franchise that cant win the big one anymore...you don't think 49er fans are getting itchy for success. Or Dallas fans? And they have two sets of dynastys.
And nobody is saying they won't be a fan..
"MarinePhinFan wrote:
None. I root for the Dolphins every game. However, if the Dolphins win the Super Bowl for the next 10 years straight I probably would lose interest. The DOlphins will have another good decade. A 3 to 4 Super Bowl winning decade would be awesome.[/QUOTE]
What will you be saying if the Dolphins dont win a super bowl for the next 20 or so years.??? Getting frustrated is not allowed remember??? And,if they DO win why would that be awesome??? The REAL fun is debating their inadequacies remember????
"uab_phin wrote:
I agree with this idea (I think that I could still bring myself around to watching the dolphins during that 10 year span though), but I'd MUCH rather be winning it every year than to be in our current situation.
lol...I'd still watch. I just wouldn't be that excited. The Dolphins are in a down period. We've had 2 really good decades out of 4.
Look at the Patriots. Even with all of their current success the Dolphins still have a better overall winning %. From 1960 to 1995 the Pats had 7 seasons that led to the playoffs. 35 years, no Super Bowl wins and 17 losing seasons.
People are always blaming their circumstances for what they are. I don't believe in circumstances. The people who get on in this world are the people who get up and look for the circumstances they want, and, if they can't find them, make them. ----George Bernard Shaw
Yeah, and why did you start at 1985? Because it conveniently leaves Miami out of the SB.
Since 1984 only 7 teams have not reached the SB, and one of them AINT Miami....
http://images.thephins.com/signaturepics/sigpic83_3.gif
"RGF wrote:
What will you be saying if the Dolphins dont win a super bowl for the next 20 or so years.??? Getting frustrated is not allowed remember??? And,if they DO win why would that be awesome??? The REAL fun is debating their inadequacies remember????
If you're going to lie and put words in my mouth at least lie about things that I wrote more than 30 minutes ago. That way it would be harder for me to find and or remember.
Here is what I wrote: To me part of the fun of being a fan is debating on the things that can make this team better.
So your last sentence is hyperbole at best and dishonest at worst.
I don't believe the Dolphins won't win a Super Bowl for another 20 years. I also never said that getting frustrated isn't allowed. Another lie from you.
People are always blaming their circumstances for what they are. I don't believe in circumstances. The people who get on in this world are the people who get up and look for the circumstances they want, and, if they can't find them, make them. ----George Bernard Shaw
"Ozzy wrote:
Yeah, and why did you start at 1985? Because it conveniently leaves Miami out of the SB.
Since 1984 only 7 teams have not reached the SB, and one of them AINT Miami....
PERFECT response!
People are always blaming their circumstances for what they are. I don't believe in circumstances. The people who get on in this world are the people who get up and look for the circumstances they want, and, if they can't find them, make them. ----George Bernard Shaw
Bottomline if you are happy not being in the the superbowl in the last 26 years raise your hand.On this backwards website i see a lot of hands and that is very sad.
"pumpdogs wrote:
Bottomline if you are happy not being in the the superbowl the last 26 years raise your hand.
It's not like you can see his hand lol.
"pumpdogs wrote:
Bottomline if you are happy not being in the the superbowl the last 26 years raise your hand.
Bottom line? How so?
Of course the ultimate goal of any NFL franchise is to win Championships. However, out of the roughly 22,000 games that have been played in the NFL over the last 44 years, only 44 of those games have been the Super Bowl. To demand, or even expect, that your ONE favorite team will win even ONE of those games is asking a whole lot.
The Dolphins have won 2.
Realistically as a fan, all I EXPECT or DEMAND is to be competitive. Over the Dolphins entire history, there have only been a handful of years when they weren't. if some want to dwell on that handful, have at it. I, however, will look at the entire picture.
People are always blaming their circumstances for what they are. I don't believe in circumstances. The people who get on in this world are the people who get up and look for the circumstances they want, and, if they can't find them, make them. ----George Bernard Shaw
"MarinePhinFan wrote:
"RGF wrote:
If you're going to lie and put words in my mouth at least lie about things that I wrote more than 30 minutes ago. That way it would be harder for me to find and or remember.
Here is what I wrote: To me part of the fun of being a fan is debating on the things that can make this team better.
So your last sentence is hyperbole at best and dishonest at worst.
I don't believe the Dolphins won't win a Super Bowl for another 20 years. I also never said that getting frustrated isn't allowed. Another lie from you.When I was young and silly I said the same thing and thats 36 years ago and counting. But,according to you it could be worse right? We could be Lions fans.
"MarinePhinFan wrote:
Bottom line? How so?
Of course the ultimate goal of any NFL franchise is to win Championships. However, out of the roughly 22,000 games that have been played in the NFL over the last 44 years, only 44 of those games have been the Super Bowl. To demand, or even expect, that your ONE favorite team will win even ONE of those games is asking a whole lot.
The Dolphins have won 2.
Realistically as a fan, all I EXPECT or DEMAND is to be competitive. Over the Dolphins entire history, there have only been a handful of years when they weren't. if some want to dwell on that handful, have at it. I, however, will look at the entire picture.
Since your right hand is in the air,I suspect you typed all this with your left hand. Pretty impressive.
"RGF wrote:
"MarinePhinFan wrote:
When I was young and silly I said the same thing and thats 36 years ago and counting. But,according to you it could be worse right? We could be Lions fans.
Lol,don't waste your time with this guy he will was just keep posting and posting until you just get bored with him.
"pumpdogs wrote:
Bottomline if you are happy not being in the the superbowl in the last 26 years raise your hand.On this backwards website i see a lot of hands and that is very sad.
It's not like we're just fans to be fans. Of course we all want the Dolphins to be in the Super Bowl. Some teams have it far worse than us but what we've seen for the last 8 years is bad.
But what are we supposed to do? Stand up to the team and tell them win the Super Bowl or else?
It's not like I could ever root for another NFL Team. That's not happening. I'm here thru thick and thin because this is the team I chose. Til death do I part.
http://images.thephins.com/signaturepics/sigpic83_3.gif
"pumpdogs wrote:
"RGF wrote:
Lol,don't waste your time with this guy he will was just keep posting and posting until you just get bored with him.What are things quitters say?
SHOOT THE WHOLE $10,000 ALEX!
People are always blaming their circumstances for what they are. I don't believe in circumstances. The people who get on in this world are the people who get up and look for the circumstances they want, and, if they can't find them, make them. ----George Bernard Shaw