Sims Walker Available, Could Dolphins be Interested?

5 replies

Finatic8480Finatic8480New MemberOP
Oct 18, 2009, 02:28 AM

There also are rumblings that receiver Mike Sims-Walker could be available, too.

Sims-Walker is regarded as an up-and-comer. A third-round pick in 2007, he flashed promise in 2008 with a 107-yard game. But injuries then limited his effectiveness the rest of the season.

This year, he has generated 278 receiving yards and three scores in three starts. But his surprise deactivation last week might have landed him in a doghouse from which he'll have a hard time emerging.

The Ravens and Dolphins are widely believed to be looking for help at receiver. It's unknown whether either team has spoken to the Jags about Sims-Walker.

It could be that the Jags are willing to move him if someone will pay a premium based on his perceived potential. It's also possible that the Jaguars are trying to ensure that Sims-Walker has gotten the message regarding his "violation of team itinerary," which reportedly was fancy talk for hooking up.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/10/18/groves-is-available-sims-walker-could-be/

HMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Follow me at www.twitter.com/robi2184, always updating Dolfans with the latest Miami Dolphins news.

Zach Thomas: I played against New England twice a year every year my whole career. I learned to not like that team. I wasn't going to join them.

gafinfangafinfanSupporter
Oct 18, 2009, 03:07 AM

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/10/14/sim-walker-missed-bed-check/

in the comments, I love it!!

Joe Tall says:
October 14, 2009 4:20 PM
At least someone on the Jags scored last weekend.


This is the only thing I’ve learned: There’s only us. There’s no them. Despots and authoritarians need to make a “them” to have a straw man whom you are against. If you need to make an enemy of “them,” you’ve lost the spirit of us. - Ken Burns of PBS

ClipseClipseNew Member
Oct 18, 2009, 08:59 AM

Sims-Walker has played great this year. I imagine they'll want at least a 3rd for him, which I'm not so sure I'd want to give up.

LarryfinfanLarryfinfanSupporter
Oct 18, 2009, 09:01 AM

Give me a pass catching TE before a WR...We can get by with what we have at WR, but not at TE...we must have more production from that group in the passing game or Henne and the run game will begin to suffer, just as they did last year...

Alex13Alex13Supporter
Oct 18, 2009, 10:19 AM

lets see a 3rd for sims walker or a 2nd for bowe.....ding ding we have a winner

the 23rdthe 23rdNew Member
Oct 18, 2009, 12:05 PM

don't think it will happen :no:
we have a WR Corp in development w/much promise
don't see us rolling the dice on mid-season specials

- Competition is the Elixir of Success -