1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sid Rosenberg interviews Mike Florio - Talks about us!

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by LandShark13, Jun 29, 2010.

1. LandShark13

LandShark13 New Member

Oct 20, 2009
    North Miami
    Monday Afternoon Sid Rosenberg interviewed Mike Florio and the conversation quickly turned to us. He didn't mention any site specifically but he made it very clear who we was referring to. During the interview he tries in vain to get Mike Florio to understand his frustration to which Mike simply replies over and over again that Sid's to thin skinned and maybe he should quit radio and start a new career at Walmart.

Sid also fails to mention that it was he himself that started the very thread he was complaining about and makes it sound like he was simply attacked out of the clear blue sky.

Here is a link to the interview.
    Once on the page select "Mike Florio w Sid 6-28"

Link to the original Thread.

2. Ohio Fanatic

Ohio Fanatic Twuaddle or bust Club Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Concord, MA
    Sid is such a tool. rename him Stanley Rosenburg.

3. Bumrush

Bumrush Stable Genius Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Do we need another thread about this?

This issue is dead and buried. Starting a new thread to bash him is just going to get us more bad press. Let it die.

Trowa likes this.
  4. LandShark13

LandShark13 New Member

Oct 20, 2009
    North Miami
    I appreciate your take on the matter but this is a new thread because it is a new subject. Here is an interview he has done on his show and it is about us. If that doesn't interest you brother I am sorry but I found it quite the listen.

Larry Little, Pagan, HULKFish and 9 others like this.
  5. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    BWAHAHAHAHAH! @ Florio's responses!

I love the way Florio kinda shoots down Sid every chance he gets.

HULKFish and LandShark13 like this.
  6. finyank13

finyank13 Reality Check

Jan 6, 2010
    [​IMG]

7. HardKoreXXX

HardKoreXXX Insensitive to the Touch

Apr 2, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    I called in yesterday to refute Sid's claims about this place. Unfortunately, he didnt take calls and I gave up after being on hold forever. Not once does Sid mention the context about what was said about him here.

It also sounded like that interview was rehearsed, and part of a planned bit by Sid.

8. jetssuck

jetssuck I hear Mandich's voice...

Aug 4, 2009
    Perfectville
    We're a perfect example of what's wrong with America.....lol

Oh and I have more respect for Florio now...

9. Samphin

Samphin Κακό σκυλί ψόφο δεν έχει

All press is good press. Unfortunately he didn't mention this site by name, otherwise it would have been fantastic for traffic to come here.

Anytime you are on the opposite of Sid Rosenberg, chances are you are on the right side of life.

This is a scripted bit. I am pretty sure that Sid's inflammatory post here was setup for this very interview. Florio is playing the good cop here, but he is getting his digs in about fan sites too.

10. finyank13

finyank13 Reality Check

Jan 6, 2010
    Florio is on point in this interview kinda...wow I lost it all for Sid....

He calls it stupid websites but is on it as well...

LandShark13 likes this.
  11. finyank13

finyank13 Reality Check

Jan 6, 2010
    Yeah but Sam? y even talk about a fan forum? on your show? why at all, in an effort to get BM to go on his show? I hope some runner kid working for Miami dubbed this interview and gave it to the FO.....

12. MonstBlitz

MonstBlitz Nobody's Fart Catcher

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    I can't find that original thread now. Anyone remember what forum that was in?

13. HardKoreXXX

Apr 2, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    Ratings. It was a bit, plain and simple. The fact that he never gave the correct context shows what his motives were. Had he come out and said "Oh yeah, I went off on a long-winded rant about how transparent the Dolphins fan base is..." then his on-air tirade looks kinda silly to the people who didn't see his thread. Because the people who did see it know it was silly.

DOLPHAN1 and finyank13 like this.
  14. jetssuck

Aug 4, 2009
    Perfectville
    The guy is just too good at playing dumb....... can't be an act

Boik14 and LandShark13 like this.
  15. LandShark13

LandShark13 New Member

Oct 20, 2009
    North Miami
    See I didn't get the scripted feel. IMO if it was scripted Sid would have made himself look better than he did. That's just my take on it so who knows really. Also the Digs by Florio are quite easy to brush off as a last ditch effert for him to try and make Sid feel like less of a tool for his original rant. Again who knows really.

16. The G Man

The G Man Git 'r doooonnne!!!

Mar 18, 2009
    I had no idea who this guy was until this stuff with Marshall hit the fan, but man oh man...a little of this guy goes a real long way. I had to turn it off half way through.

What a friggin' tool.

:loser:

17. Samphin

It was all a setup from Sid. Sid says he was "reading" the site, never once does he say that he started the thread in question. All of this is to generate a buzz around him in South Florida. Look at how much press/discussion has gone on about him on here, and other sites?

18. HardKoreXXX

Apr 2, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    It was a classic good cop/bad cop routine. Florio defends bloggers, Sid rips them. Both achieve what they set out to in the first place. You don't find it ironic that Sid does this out of the blue then a couple days later it's on the air?

19. unluckyluciano

unluckyluciano For My Hero JetsSuck

Dec 7, 2007
    sid set up his post to give him something to talk about on his show. If he really wanted to just argue he would have responded to the posts. Its why it was best for this site and bad for sids show if no one had replied to him.

20. Killerphins

Killerphins The Finger

Nov 11, 2008
    closed and flushed

21. CrunchTime

CrunchTime Administrator Retired Administrator

Nov 23, 2007
    The thread was removed .There were a dozen personal attacks in that thread and the perpetrators were sanctioned accordingly .Thats not what we are about .Up to this point we have been known as one of the most respectful Dolphin web sites on the net.

You can express your opinion but the TOS must be maintained or we will lose that which makes this site special.

Anyway I am quoting Sid's initial thread post .He started the thread entitled Embarassing BTW.

22. Killerphins

Killerphins The Finger

Nov 11, 2008
    yeah rosenberg sucks. since you don't know much about him i guess you have never heard him belch in the microphone. the guy is a low class douche

finyank13 likes this.
  23. LandShark13

LandShark13 New Member

Oct 20, 2009
    North Miami
    Well as for the time frame he wasnt on during the weekend (that I know of). So Monday would have been the very next day. Again I just don't see it as a routine but hey I have been wrong before.

24. jetssuck

Aug 4, 2009
    Perfectville
    Well he needs something to work with I suppose..........he damn sure has no talent for that job. He's terrible..

25. LandShark13

LandShark13 New Member

Oct 20, 2009
    North Miami
    Crunch was the thread simply moved to section of the site we don't have access to? or was it deleted? My guess is it was simply moved as that's how I would have done it.

CrunchTime likes this.
  26. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Draft Forum Moderator Luxury Box

Dec 1, 2007
    That thread shouldn't have been removed. Personal attack posts should have been removed I suppose. Seems like a pretty transparent attempt to repair the site's relationship with Rosenberg, but hey I guess everyone's gotta eat.

27. HardKoreXXX

Apr 2, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    More to my point then. He waited one day. And that was probably only because he couldn't get Florio on Monday (I'm guessing).

Oh well. He bested us. Just don't let it happen again.

LandShark13 likes this.
  28. dolfan22

dolfan22 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

He stated this site was "smarter" and easier as in relaxed I believe.

I don't think he portrayed this as a negative, Sid has his quirks and his ongoing bit with Mike Florio is almost like him going to therapy. Sid as much as admits this to Mike , saying you saved me $75.00 ... or thanks for letting me get on the couch.

29. finyank13

finyank13 Reality Check

Jan 6, 2010
    What? Your reaction to the Brandon Marshall story this week. Not my fault the Dolphins wimped out. I was just hoping to give Dolphin fans what they "should" want to know. But this website like the others is just filled with hate and jealousy from a bunch of knuckleheads. And I purposely picked this site to blog and promote because I was assured that wasn't going to be the case. Just another sad commentary from a very transparent fanbase that claims they hate me and don't listen yet magically I've tripled the ratings and am now beating LeBatard. Something NOBODY else in this town has come close to doing in years. Keep up the good work. Peace!

Wimped ahhhhhh no......wasnt the orignal word for those who didnt see the original post from Siddy...

Coral Reefer likes this.
  30. The G Man

The G Man Git 'r doooonnne!!!

Mar 18, 2009
    He sounds like a real class act.

31. Killerphins

Killerphins The Finger

Nov 11, 2008
    I wonder if this whole scandal will drive sid back to the mirror and the razorblade :wink2:

damn the interview is filtered out for me here at work.

32. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Draft Forum Moderator Luxury Box

Dec 1, 2007
    All I needed to know about Sid Rosenberg's thin skin, I learned the day before he was supposed to interview Brandon Marshall. Evidently, Omar Kelly was tweeted a notification that Marshall was about to be on with Jorge Sedano (whom Kelly knows and does guest spots with) and Omar re-tweeted it to let his followers know that Marshall was doing an interview.

Someone, and by all means it appears to be Sid himself, flipped out on Omar. Before Omar even went on with Sid, he warned his Twitter followers that "I will be doing a segment with 560AM host Sid Rosenberg today at 4:30pm trying to defend myself, and stroke Sid's fragile ego".

And what proceeded was some of the most blatant and uncomfortable @ss kissing I've witnessed on sports radio. Someone made Omar feel like that was necessary in order to repair his relationship with Sid, and it was probably Sid himself.

And that tells me that Omar was absolutely right. Sid has a very "fragile ego". I don't think Sid's a bad guy, he seems pretty reasonable, but there's no doubt he has thin skin. The whole Brandon Marshall thing, that was really intentional. He sabotaged his own interview rather than be the 4th guy to get the same mediocre interview from Marshall in a matter of two or three days. That's why he said the outrageous things he said about asking Brandon about how he felt about Darrent Williams' murder, asking him if he's ever done anal, etc. He was sabotaging his interview, because at that point having the Dolphins or Brandon Marshall pull the plug on the interview would be better ratings than the actual interview.

Larry Little, Boomer, FinSane and 5 others like this.
  33. finyank13

finyank13 Reality Check

Jan 6, 2010
    God I miss twitter...blocked at work again.....called J-Tech now...I gotta offer them something to put it back on...

34. CrunchTime

CrunchTime Administrator Retired Administrator

Nov 23, 2007
    Thats not how it went down.He did sign up and offered to write a front page column for us which he did but we seldom heard from him again .

As far as repairing the relationship we decided mutually to divorce that relationship so there is nothing to repair.

We get to keep the kids though :up:

This sites goal is not profit and we are not going to sell out in the name of publicity .

35. Samphin

Its radio. Its schtick. Think of it as pro wrestling. Yes, sometimes very real situations play themselves out, but basically, you are hearing what he wants you to hear. We are marks and he is working us. Whether he is truly thin skinned or not is irrelevant. He is doing his job and promoting the hell out of his show right now on the backs of us primarily.

And we are helping him do it.

FinSane and Zach13 like this.
  36. jetssuck

Aug 4, 2009
    Perfectville
    Well personally, I only listened to that clip because he talked about us.... I'm sure most here will say the same. So......as soon as he quits talking about us, we'll go back to ignoring him.

If he did all that for the small numbers he could draw from here, that's one desperate, radio shock jock.....

LandShark13 likes this.
  37. jupiterfin

jupiterfin Mild Irritant

Nov 29, 2007
    Jupiter Florida
    "It's the reason the Country's such a mess"

-Sid Rosenberg on a thread at thephins.com.

Tad dramatic, Sid.

SICK, ckparrothead and finyank13 like this.
  38. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    And someone must have let him in on...
    [​IMG]

39. LandShark13

LandShark13 New Member

Oct 20, 2009
    North Miami

See I agree with this 110%! If this was done simply so that he could boost his ratings for one interview than congratulations it worked. Honestly though who cares even if he did. How often is it that you have an entire segment of a radio show dedicated to you? This stuff doesn't happen every day. Enjoy it and take it for what it is. Entertainment and a nice break from the slowest part of the offseason.

40. xphinfanx

xphinfanx Stay strong my friends.

Nov 1, 2009
    Hopefully the trash bin.