1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sickening thought.............

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by RGF, Dec 14, 2011.

1. RGF

RGF THE FINSTER Club Member

Nov 24, 2007
    NY
    Now, this might bother some fans here( especially the older ones) ,and others wont care at all. But, this thought just came over me. What if the Packers make it to the Super Bowl undefeated and their opponent is.........The New York Jets. Holy good Lord, I hate to even think about it. Do we root for the Packers solely on the fact the hated Jets and their entire fan base are morons? Or, do we root for the Jets to keep the almighty undefeated title intact??

I hate to say it, but even though I love the fact the Dolphins are the only undefeated team in history, There is is NO WAY I can EVER root for the green and white trash to win a Super Bowl- especially living in NY. Also, theres no way I believe the Jets are good enough to even get that far ( might not even make the playoffs), but the thought is sickening .

dolfan7171 and Boik14 like this.
  2. PhinGeneral

PhinGeneral PC Texas A&M, Bro Club Member

Jan 4, 2008
    Swamps of Jersey
    I figure it's going to happen eventually, so I'll root for the Packers.

But don't be surprised if the Jets make the playoffs. While I don't think they're as talented as the past few years, they should play well enough to get in, and if Houston drops to the 3 spot, I'd even give them the edge to move into the divisional playoffs.

3. GreysonWinfield

GreysonWinfield Release The Hounds

Nov 1, 2009
    I wanna punch you.....very hard.

xphinfanx and RGF like this.
  4. jpep13

jpep13 Coach Of The Year Club Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Could be the Pats and Packers. And pack at 18-0 and Brady and company trying to win and avoid the 19-0 undefeated season they did not accomplish.

5. MonstBlitz

MonstBlitz Nobody's Fart Catcher

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    With all due respect this is a horrible opinion for a Dolphins fan of any age to have. I wasn't alive when that team went undefeated. I also wasn't alive when we won World War II. But guess what? I'm still damn happy my favorite team had an undefeated season and I'm damn happy we're not speaking German today.

Ducken, Tone_E, Springveldt and 19 others like this.
  6. BlameItOnTheHenne

BlameItOnTheHenne Taking a poop

Aug 15, 2010
    Davie
    The only teams I would hate to see go undefeated reside in New England, Buffalo, and New Jersey. Anyone else is fair game.

PSG likes this.
  7. MonstBlitz

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    Good topic for discussion. I was thinking of posing the same question but with the Patriots OR Jets. Honestly, I'd probably cheer for the Packers. But I'm not like some of these younger generation Dolphins fans (see above) who have no respect for what a great accomplishment it was for that 1972 team. That record is important to me as a Dolphins fan even though I wasn't alive.

Edited to add: If it were the Bills playing the Packers I would cheer for the Bills. I know they're a division rival but find myself not hating them anywhere near as much as the other 2, probably lovable loser syndrome, but I think most of the Western New York fans would deserve it.

RGF likes this.
  8. Aquafin

Aquafin New Member

Jun 16, 2011
    the poor house
    as long as it isnt the our afc east rivials and the dallas cowboys i have no real problem with it i will always take the packers over the jetss.

gunn34 likes this.
  9. BlameItOnTheHenne

BlameItOnTheHenne Taking a poop

Aug 15, 2010
    Davie
    No, those that wouldn't mind seeing a team go undefeated have accepted it as a possibility. Records are meant to be broken.

thisperishedmin and MAFishFan like this.
  10. Vendigo

Vendigo German Gigolo Club Member

Nov 30, 2007
    I'm damn happy we're not waging a terribly pointless war in Iraq under false pretenses that killed more innocent civilians than 9/11 did. Doesn't mean that I'm proud my country took that way (for a change). Pride is something you're entitled to when you've actually done something commendable yourself. Being proud of something you were born into is precisely what made the Nazis into such arseholes.

11. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dol-Fan Dupree Tank? Who is Tank? I am Guy Incognito.

Dec 11, 2007
    I thought the topic would be if Eric Mangini were hired as coach

MAFishFan likes this.
  12. finyank13

finyank13 Reality Check

Jan 6, 2010
    No brainer....the Pack

13. jpep13

jpep13 Coach Of The Year Club Member

Dec 2, 2007
    I'm sure he could get interviewed or Ross asks for his input as he is or was some type of consultant?

14. jw3102

jw3102 season ticket holder

Sep 4, 2010
    Maui, Hawaii
    As someone who has been a fan of the Dolphins since 1966, and a season ticket holder during the perfect season, as well as 39 other seasons. I would have no problem at all deciding which team to root for. I would put on anything I have which is green and yellow and root for the Packers to beat the Jets. I have no problem with the Packers going undefeated, but as a 40 plus year hater of the New Jersey Jets, I would never root for them to win any game, especially a Super Bowl.

gunn34 and Boik14 like this.
  15. Killerphins

Killerphins The Finger

Nov 11, 2008
    There is no way in hell I would ever root for the Jets.
    Unless for some unknown reason it would help the Dolphins.

Boik14 likes this.
  16. RevRick

RevRick Long Haired Leaping Gnome Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Thomasville, GA
    Ditto!
    Even if they were playing the Raiders! Then I'd have to go to confession for rooting for the Raiders!

dolfan7171 likes this.
  17. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009

...what's your beef with the Giants?

18. MrClean

MrClean Inglourious Basterd Club Member

LOL. Comparing a team having an undefeated season to winning WWII? That's just a little extreme don't you think? After the Packers go 19-0 our team will still have an undefeated season and still been the first to do it. Heck, even Mercury Morris is rooting for the Packers.

Vengeful Odin likes this.
  19. MonstBlitz

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    By your definition, we can never be proud of anything that a Dolphin team does because you or I certainly aren't putting on cleats to take the field. Not going to touch the rest of your post and it probably belongs in the political forum. You're talking about self-pride. People can be proud of anyone or anything they want. I'm proud of the people who made my lunch today. It was delicious. If you don't want to be proud in anything but what you've done in life, that's your right. But I don't understand why you or any other fan is going to try and talk any other Dolphin fan out of being proud of any past or present accomplishment of the Miami Dolphins.

jake23 likes this.
  20. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009

Gotta go with Clean on this one. If we don't go undefeated, big whoop. If we don't win WWII, we're all sitting around discussing soccer in leiderhosen eating bratwursts (Saturday night at lucky's?).

21. MonstBlitz

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    Sure that would be extreme. But that's not what my post suggested. The only comparison I drew was they are both events that happened before I was born. And I'm happy about both of them even though I wasn't alive.

You fans that are down on the '72 team are making me nauseous tonight. I'm stepping out of this thread.

22. MonstBlitz

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    Please don't twist my words. I never even came close to suggesting the perfect season was important as winning WWII.

Coral Reefer likes this.
  23. MrClean

MrClean Inglourious Basterd Club Member

I was around for the undefeated season and I agree with you!!! So many fans and the team alumni from 1972 are still living in the past with this celebrating the last undefeated team every year getting beaten. It's great to remember and respect team history, but the focus needs to be on the present and future. The No Name Defense, Csonka, Morris and Kiick ain't coming back, and neither is Marino for that matter. When I read that Mercury Morris is rooting for the Packers to run the table, that was the final incentive to say, yeah come on Pack.
    Maybe next year when they play in the Hall of Fame Game, those stupid HOF voters will have elected Jerry Kramer to his well deserved place in Canton, like they should have done 30 years ago. Arseholes.

24. Speedy

Speedy Dolfan forever! :-)

Jan 12, 2010
    Germany
    For sure, I'd root for the Packers! No way I hope the Jests win.

Wrong forum for that, I guess. Anyway, was that against the U.S.A.? :huh:

Unfortunately, I get to see that way too often! :( Almost like hell! :pointlol: :pity:

:flag:

25. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    Luckily for us the Jets will not make it that far, and if they did the Pack would hang 80 on them.

26. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    Id rather see every other team in the NFL (outside of our division) have an undefeated season along with us before I'd ever want to see the Jets win a Super Bowl.

27. Killerphins

Killerphins The Finger

Nov 11, 2008
    So you would actually entertain the idea of the Jets winning the SB? That is crazy talk bro........

28. Ozzy

Ozzy Premium Member Luxury Box

Its young punks like this that have cursed this franchise. Not the 72 team that won every game, uncluding the SB! That sure the hell is no curse. Its some of todays youth with their disrespect of the past like they think they're taking over.

You might outlast us but then it will be you looking for respect as an old fart...

Califin, RGF, Killerphins and 2 others like this.
  29. MonstBlitz

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    No, not at all. Post # 8 in this thread -

I can certainly understand fans cheering for Packers over Jets even if it meant an undefeated season. I just can't understand the piss poor attitude from some younger fans about the '72 season.

30. Ozzy

Ozzy Premium Member Luxury Box

The only sickening thought about this is the Jets actually making it to the SB.

The rest is easy. First off its the best team in football that they will be playing and secondly, it will be easy to root for the Packers because if there is one thing any Dolphins fan should be, its a fan of anyone who plays the Jets, Bills, and Pats

RGF likes this.
  31. cdz12250

cdz12250 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Coconut Grove
    I cannot root for the Jets any more than I could root for terminal cancer. For any reason. Under any circumstances.

32. RGF

RGF THE FINSTER Club Member

Nov 24, 2007
    NY

Please do. And make it hard enough to knock this thought out of my head.

33. aesop

aesop Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2008
    NYC
    There is no way this Packers team would lose to the scrubs on that team. At least with the Patriots against the Giants, the Giants had already seen that they can play with them and knew what the strategy would be. Ridiculous D line that year.

34. BicketyBam

BicketyBam No Fist Pumps Allowed

Sep 6, 2010
    New Milford, CT
    You guys are funny!

35. unluckyluciano

unluckyluciano For My Hero JetsSuck

Dec 7, 2007
    did you just c ompare football to a world war lol

36. Nappy Roots

Nappy Roots Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Bradenton,FL
    Exactly, football is more important.

unluckyluciano likes this.
  37. unluckyluciano

unluckyluciano For My Hero JetsSuck

Dec 7, 2007
    and thats why no body likes nappy.

The.
    End.

38. Nappy Roots

Nappy Roots Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Bradenton,FL
    Except your mom.

39. jdang307

jdang307 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 29, 2007
    San Diego
    Mercury Morris is a drug dealer. I'm never looking to him as a role model!!!!! :D

I look at it this way. The Jets have won a superbowl. They may win another one eventually. Nobody has gone undefeated except us. I'm not rooting for the Jets to win. I'm rooting for the Pack to lose. I'm rooting for our undefeated record until it falls.

40. jdang307

jdang307 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 29, 2007
    San Diego
    Agreed. This is a huge problem in today's discourse. When did analogizing become "comparing" or "equating?" Look at Hank Williams who never compared the President to a certain genocide'r but that's what people accused him of.

MonstBlitz likes this.