Should we kick it out of bounds???

8 replies

Roman529Roman529New MemberOP
Nov 9, 2008, 07:45 PM

Instead of allowing teams to start out at the 50 every time or run it back for a TD why don't we just tell our kicker to kick it to the corner...either it goes out of bounds or the end zone. Thoughts?

BuckeyeKingBuckeyeKingNew Member
Nov 9, 2008, 07:49 PM

:lol: I think we have worst ST than the Vikings who let Will Blackmon yet again run one for a TD on them.

Our Kick off coverage and their punt coverage with their powers combine would make the worst ST EVER.

muscle979muscle979Forum Veteran
Nov 9, 2008, 07:50 PM

It's frustrating watching the special teams guys swarm a returner and then watch them always seem to emerge and run 40 more yards down the field.

Roman529Roman529New Member
Nov 9, 2008, 07:52 PM

"Aqua4Ever04 wrote:

That's actually a good idea. Or better yet, let's just onside kick it every time. We'd only forefeit about 10 yards to average start position and we have a chance to get the ball.

Heyyyy...an onside kick every time...I forgot that option.
:lol:

brandon27brandon27Supporter
Nov 9, 2008, 08:15 PM

:sidelol: it would save some frustration. for me, theres nothing worse than watching out defense play tough, solid football, and watching our special teams put them on a short field... it drives me insane. i hate it.


1972 Miami Dolphins-The ONLY undefeated team in NFL history!!!

Roman529Roman529New Member
Nov 9, 2008, 08:22 PM

"brandon27 wrote:

:sidelol: it would save some frustration. for me, theres nothing worse than watching out defense play tough, solid football, and watching our special teams put them on a short field... it drives me insane. i hate it.

Last week I was at a sport's bar and I got up to use the restroom and when I got back the other team was at our 5 yard line. I said what happened? My friend said they ran the kick back on us 95 yards. :angry: I never did get to see the play or who ran it back. It's the only play I have missed this year. I have this superstition that if I don't watch every play something bad will happen....and sure enough it did. :shifty:

LudacrisLudacrisSupporter
Nov 9, 2008, 08:27 PM

They make Mike Westhoff look like a HOFer.

like2godlike2godLuxury Box
Nov 9, 2008, 08:29 PM

It's really disappointing, the ST's was supposed to be much improved this year.


I love you Mom, you are the greatest woman that I've ever known.

KEkeypusherForum Veteran
Nov 9, 2008, 09:20 PM

"Roman529 wrote:

Last week I was at a sport's bar and I got up to use the restroom and when I got back the other team was at our 5 yard line. I said what happened? My friend said they ran the kick back on us 95 yards. :angry: I never did get to see the play or who ran it back. It's the only play I have missed this year. I have this superstition that if I don't watch every play something bad will happen....and sure enough it did. :shifty:

It was Eddie Royal, the same guy who caught the TD on the "drive."

Bad as our special teams are, kicking out of bounds and giving the other team the ball on the 40 every time would be even worse.