Should we claim Al Harris?
22 replies
Green Bay is releasing him today per NFL.com. I know this guy was a real ball-hawk, don't know about now?
Thoughts?
Obviously we could still use some help in the backfield.
The fact that he got let go because he was outplayed by a undrafted Rookie should tell you the answer to this.


He wasn't outplayed.
He's hurt. Badly. Still not recovered, IMO.
fooball.
futbol.
hockey.
"HULKFish wrote:
Should we claim Al Harris?
At this point claim
Al Harris and

Can we claim Dan Marino from CBS/Maroone?
Headcoach material wouldn’t want to work somewhere they’re not trusted with actual football decisions.
"Vinny Fins wrote:
He wasn't outplayed.
He's hurt. Badly. Still not recovered, IMO.
Had to pass a physical to be released, so he is recovered.


"NJFINSFAN1 wrote:
Had to pass a physical to be released, so he is recovered.
Culpepper recovered? :no:
People are always blaming their circumstances for what they are. I don't believe in circumstances. The people who get on in this world are the people who get up and look for the circumstances they want, and, if they can't find them, make them. ----George Bernard Shaw
"MarinePhinFan wrote:
Culpepper recovered? :no:
Though Harris believes he lost his job due to last year's torn ACL, he technically can't be cut if he's still injured now. The fact that he left the PUP list three weeks ago means that he passed a physical. Unless he has suffered a new injury within the past three weeks, he'll have no recourse. If he has sustained a new injury, he'll be able to file an injury grievance against the Packers.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/11/08/report-packers-will-cut-al-harris/


"HULKFish wrote:
Green Bay is releasing him today per NFL.com. I know this guy was a real ball-hawk, don't know about now?
Thoughts?
Obviously we could still use some help in the backfield.
Yeah, lets sign him up & put him in for Henne.
He was overrated IMO. Against a good receiver he would struggle. We should have kept him around as a backup though.
"NJFINSFAN1 wrote:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/11/08/report-packers-will-cut-al-harris/
I'll ask again; Culpepper recovered? As in, is he as "recovered" as Culepper was when we signed him? After all, Culpepper had to pass a physical to get traded.
Understand?
People are always blaming their circumstances for what they are. I don't believe in circumstances. The people who get on in this world are the people who get up and look for the circumstances they want, and, if they can't find them, make them. ----George Bernard Shaw
Interesting.
if we can petition the NFL to allow him to play in a motorized wheel chair, I am all for it.
@Alf_Arteaga on Twitter
"Being a part of success is more important than being personally indispensable. .''...- Pat Riley
3 Yards per Carry on itunes:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/3-yards-per-carry-miami-dolphins/id1363764781?mt=2
3 Yards per Carry for Android:
https://threeyardspercarry.podbean.com/
"Section126 wrote:
Interesting.
if we can petition the NFL to allow him to play in a motorized wheel chair, I am all for it.
Maybe petition the PGA ?

anybody has got to be better than Benny Sapp......wouldn't hurt to give him a try at the least
"Big E wrote:
The fact that he got let go because he was outplayed by a undrafted Rookie should tell you the answer to this.
It doesn't matter if he was drafted or not. The point is that 'undrafted rookie' is playing pretty damn good.
Darrelle Revis = Greatest Defensive Player of All-Time.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QsuLFxXi_aw
"GMJohnson wrote:
Yeah, lets sign him up & put him in for Henne.
lol:shifty:
RIP CHP Officer Kirk Griess ID#15810
EOW 8/10/18
Cool, well after reading everything and giving it some thought, I don't think it would hurt at this point...
I think you meant Henning GMJohnson, not Henne... LOL! Sorry but I blame Henning more than our 65% passer. Sure he still is growing and improving but the OC has called crap all season!
Arodgers - Thank you, you'd know best! I'm SO FRICKIN glad you guys shut up the Jets too...
Well then... Me and Ireland think alike! I think he's a good stop-gap if nothing more.
Should we claim Al Harris?
no.
thanks to VO for the sick ass sigs. 

Charlie: If you're not as educated or as informed what you do is you start your own party and you yell the loudest.
You don't think he's an upgrade over the WILDLY inconsistent (can't keep my cleats in the dirt) Jason Allen? That's hard to imagine...
"unluckyluciano wrote:
no.
Sparano wanted me to tell you he doesnt take orders from latino's not named J Lo.


"unluckyluciano wrote:
no.
Well,,, we DID.:pointlol: