1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should we bring in Bret Favre???

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Roman529, Jul 11, 2008.

Tags:

Should the Phins bring in Favre?

1. Yes

19 vote(s)
    19.0%
  2. No

74 vote(s)
    74.0%
  3. Not sure

6 vote(s)
    6.0%
  4. Depends?....give your reasons for and against

1 vote(s)
    1.0%
  1. Two Tacos

Two Tacos Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 24, 2007

Do you think Steve Young developed more in the USFL and starting for the Bucs, or in the three years sitting behind Joe Montana? What about Philip Rivers, did sitting two years hurt him? I don't think so. A lot has to do with the individual player and the coach. I think that Beck would continue to develope, starting or no, with the Phins current staff.

I also think that Farve helps the rest of the young players out, developmentlay speaking, far more than Beck does. This is key IMO. We have young WRs that would benifit hugely from Bretts insight. Farve makes the team better in the long run. Again my opinion.

Let me ask you this, which QB, knowing what you know today, will be more fun to watch? I say Farve. He, like Marino, can get hot and beat anybody, almost by himself.

dolfan32323 likes this.
  2. dolfan32323

dolfan32323 ty xphinfanx

Nov 27, 2007
    Washington DC
    Two Tacos I agree completely.

FreeStyle: All I have to say is this. Do you really think McCown is anything more than a short-time starter? He's obviously not the answer to our QB woes. Favre would be a much better mentor to Beck and Henne than McCown, whould could probably a ****load from Favre himself.

I also seriously doubt McCown would be better than Favre in any system in the NFL.

3. jdang307

jdang307 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 29, 2007
    San Diego
    Yeah you are entitled to your opinion Free, I just provided mine. What I noticed was that, one again he didn't finish a whole year, and two, he got outplayed by, or played very similar to, a QB who had a devastating knee injury, who sat out a lot of two years, and who came into the team with a lot less camp time. That's what I think :)

4. Larry Little

Larry Little Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Nashville, TN
    Turnover isn't the issue. It's the amount of turnover this particular offseason, and where the replacements... players and coaches... are coming from. A majority of key people have come from Dallas... hence the joke, dude.

5. dolfan32323

dolfan32323 ty xphinfanx

Nov 27, 2007
    Washington DC
    I just see Beck as a 2nd year QB who hasn't really shown anything worthy of being handed the QB position of this team. Give him the chance to learn from one of the best to play the game. It can only benefit him.

6. FinSane

FinSane Cynical Dolphins Fan

Dec 1, 2007
    Melbourne, Fl
    Plus, do we really need to be watching Dolphin games and constantly hearing about Farve this, Farve that, especially if Madden is calling the games!

7. MonstBlitz

MonstBlitz Nobody's Fart Catcher

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    My official stance. No. It doesn't make sense. But if the powers that be decided it was a good idea, I would enjoy watching him play for us.

8. gunn34

gunn34 I miss Don & Dan

Jan 5, 2008
    Oviedo FL
    Favre has only played well in a handfull of games the past three years. INT have been more his thing. He played to have the records. He has them now, so go away. GB doesn't even want him anymore.

9. dolfan32323

dolfan32323 ty xphinfanx

Nov 27, 2007
    Washington DC
    Well I damn hope you're right :lol: :up:

10. MrClean

MrClean Inglourious Basterd Club Member

Finally...after getting to the 4th page of this thread, someone makes a sensible post on the matter. I totally agree with you phunwin. :up:

11. wpgfishfan

wpgfishfan Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Winnipeg, Manitoba

The only way Madden does is our game is if we are flexed which means we are in the playoff hunt. So that would be a great move in Favre could get us thinking playoffs