1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should Ross make a statement??

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by djphinfan, Oct 2, 2011.

1. Alex13

Alex13 Tua Time !!! Club Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Berlin,Germany
    i' m onboard with everything that secures us andrew luck, so that would probably mean we have to keep sparano till the bitter end to have a shot, its only us, minnesota or st.louis, indy that are left winless, both got their FQB already, so we could be in danger that they trade their pick to someone who don' t, dont get me wrong guys i love this team, but in the best interest of the future of this franchise, the less games we win this year, the better it will be

2. adamprez2003

adamprez2003 Senior Member

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity
    I simply don't see us having a shot at luck. Eventually we will win some games

3. dgb11112

dgb11112 Hall Of Fame

Mar 23, 2008
    Atlanta
    He needs to report this... "today after close consideration, I've decided that we made a mistake of extending the contracts of Soprano and Ireland and I am making a change" Carl Petersen will be the Interm GM and Mike Nolan will have a chance to show what he can do. That is what should happen but he needs to start the ssearch NOW not to be behind the 8 ball again.

4. firedan

firedan Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2008
    palm beach county fl
    I think he is gone before the next game,if not we are in good shape for the draft.

5. GreysonWinfield

GreysonWinfield Release The Hounds

Nov 1, 2009
    Sparano will be fired after the Jets game. This team has quit on him and 2 weeks or 2 months isn't going ot make a difference. Rex and the Jets will be pissed after getting hit in the mouth 2 weeks in a row. They are going to come out looking for blood and nothing garners confidence like stomping on another team. It wouldn't surprise me to watch our team unravel on the sideline on national TV. Oh the humanity the huge manatee.

6. M1NDCRlME

M1NDCRlME Fear The Spear

Oct 26, 2009
    Orlando
    The only thing I want to Ross to say is that he is a $hitty owner and is going to sell the team. The butt-raping this once glorius franchise is receiving under his watch is dispicable.

7. Disgustipate

Disgustipate Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Ross should never speak in public in the capacity of the Dolphins owner ever again. Just find someone else to talk. And make decisions.

Vengeful Odin likes this.
  8. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    but what if they keep losing CK, can an owner just sit around and allow that to happen without fear's of other problems coming up?..The home record is becoming a fireable offense on its own, and we have 3/4 of a season left?..

I see your point about your ''word as an owner'', but can you continue to lose at this pace?

9. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Draft Forum Moderator Luxury Box

Dec 1, 2007
    Short answer, yes. Yes you can continue to lose at this pace.

The fans are no dummies. They know Andrew Luck is at stake. I think the better part of the fans WANT the Dolphisn to lose. They might even come to games to see the march to Andrew Luck. This is a weird, weird year...certain stars are just aligning to where things that you wouldn't think would happen, happen...as far as everyone pretending that Andrew Luck is the best QB that ever lived and we'll win 5 Super Bowls with him on roster, etc. But hey, can't complain. Ride the wave.

10. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    It doesn't have to be a live statement, it could be written, cause I get your point...

I guess there's word that he's giving him til the bye..

11. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    well the ESPN ticker says from the sunsetinel, Sparanos job is safe til the jet game.. ive been saying that game 5 would be judgement time on our future...Talk about leaving us in limbo, what if we lose?

I think if Nolan get the interim tag, enough players will tank on behalf of Sparano.

12. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    a game 5 ultimatum instead of saying he will be retained til the end of the year.?....wow, this is messy.

13. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Draft Forum Moderator Luxury Box

Dec 1, 2007
    Usually it seems like when you fire a Head Coach you get a pretty cheap 'pop' in the results because it drives the point home that everyone is fighting for their careers, not just in Miami but elsewhere. Plus you have a new Head Coach that is probably ready to try anything and everything to get wins.

I say let this ship sink.

14. Larryfinfan

Larryfinfan 17-0...Priceless Club Member

You mean the dreaded "vote of confidence" statement ?? I don't know. I think Ross is as clueless an owner as there ever has been. He acts when he should sit and wait. He sits and waits when he should act. He makes demands of the NFL hierarchy that destroy any home field advantage we might have. He thinks that the William's sisters, Fergie and JLo's azzes will put butts in the seats instead of wins and good football. He makes improvements in the stadium that are nice but doesn't have a clue how to improve the team, the one thing that will ultimately make a significant difference in revenue for him. He goes out searching for a new HC, botches it with the guy he's talking to, then tries to cover it over with Sparano with a feeble explanation of what was really going on and a token extension. Now he's faced with a poor team, a poor staff and a quickly scattering fanbase.

Nah, I think he's said enough.

I'm just afraid of how badly he'll botch things if he does say something, rather than just staying out of it. I don't know that anything he says will hold any water with most of us...We'll all be wondering what he really meant...

15. Clark Kent

Clark Kent Fighter of the Nightman

May 9, 2008
    Any given Sunday I suppose... But looking at the schedule, it's hard to pick out wins. And who is the starting QB going forward? Henne, even if he is healthy enough to play will continue to get hit and likely hurt again. Matt Moore is Matt Moore... I expect nothing from him. Not to mention our best scorer (DC) completely sucks all of a sudden.

16. Larryfinfan

Larryfinfan 17-0...Priceless Club Member

Good point, CD. The thing is, Ross botched the Harbaugh thing badly. So then he was sitting there, facing the lockout, having already pulled the rug out from under the current regime as it was and he simply had no other choice but to retain Sparano. What he should have done is not important now. What can he do ?? At this point, the best option is to ride it out and start his search for a replacement now, if he hasn't already started and plan on that group starting fresh at the end of the year...retaining Sparano after this season is no longer any option, barring a 12-0 run to end the season. As to being fickle, with this guy, isn't that like the pot calling the kettle black ?? I mean, he's shown to be textbook fickle so far as the owner...

17. steveincolorado

steveincolorado Spook, Storme & Pebbles

Mar 23, 2008
    Colorado
    I'm starting to think that some fans want to keep TS until the offseason based on the fact that TS gives us the best shot at some college kid. I know these fans won't say it, but they know. I could care less if we let TS go now or after the season, but it needs to be for the right reasons.

18. mbmonk

mbmonk I have no clue

Aug 4, 2008
    Surely the number of people who would pay good money to cheer their team on to losing are relatively few.

steveincolorado likes this.
  19. Jaj

Jaj Registered

Mar 23, 2008
    Los Angeles
    I say it

20. gafinfan

gafinfan gunner Club Member

Totally agree, it worked for Wayne, it will work for Ross!

21. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    If Matt Moore plays significant games, we 'll get luck.

22. Dolfan4Life

Dolfan4Life BostonStrong

May 3, 2008
    Germany
    It would be great if he already did that, what else has to happen? We lost 7 games in a row and 11 of 12 home games (including last season)! It is unbelievable that Ross didn't know what he's doing, he's killing this franchise with all his stupid decisions, he cares more about celebs then anything football related! And imo Vince McMahon would be a better owner then him! :pity: