1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should NFL teams have a Media Spokesperson?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Unlucky 13, Sep 25, 2014.

1. Unlucky 13

Unlucky 13 Team Raheem Club Member

Apr 24, 2012
    Troy, Virginia
    Since some NFL head coaches, like Philbin are unable to talk to the media properly, and others, like Darth Hoodie, choose not to, should NFL teams have a person who does that for them, sort of like the President's Press Secretary? Someone skilled in PR and media relations, who talks to the press in a polite and well informed way. He or she gets kept up to date on all of the important goings on with the team, and is who the press talks to except for game days.

The Fins had head coaches my entire life, from Shula, to Jimmy, to Wanny who were pretty good with the media up until about 10 years ago, and I think we were a little spoiled by it. The last batch have all been awful, either by choice or ineptitude, and I can't help but think that the team would look better and we as fans would be happier, if the knowledge that we got came in a better way. What do you guys think?

2. PhinishLine

PhinishLine Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Maryland
    Most teams have a formal person to handle the PR and releases. Harvy Greene was our Media Relates guy for a long time. Only thing is, unlike the white house, Players and Coaches are contractually obligated to have face-to-face interviews. The white house can use the Press Chief as a Proxy anytime it wants. The media knows it will have access to the coach and players after every game and more.