1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should new Nike Jerseys be a radical change?

Discussion in 'Other NFL' started by Dol-Fan Dupree, Jan 25, 2012.

Do you think all 32 NFL teams should have a radical change in jerseys?

1. Yes, bring the NFL to the modern era.

60.0%
  2. No, I like tradition and things to stay the same.

33.3%
  3. Meh, opinions are for jerks, I do not have one because I am not a jerk.

6.7%
  1. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dol-Fan Dupree Tank? Who is Tank? I am Guy Incognito.

Dec 11, 2007
  2. Jt0323

Jt0323 Fins Up! Luxury Box

Dec 7, 2007
    Las Vegas
    I personally hope not. The only thing I would do to our jersey is to get rid of the drop shadow. Most teams in the NFL jerseys are fine the way they are but I do see some drastic changes for some teams because of Nike. Luckily, the team has final say.

I do like Denver going with orange as their main color though! Which was going to happen with or without Nike.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2012
  3. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dol-Fan Dupree Tank? Who is Tank? I am Guy Incognito.

Dec 11, 2007
    I vote for change across the board. Bring the NFL into the modern era.

Some will be ugly, some will be cool, however all will be fun. Old school NFL is dead. Time to update the jersey's with the update to the NFL.

Stitches likes this.
  4. Sethdaddy8

Sethdaddy8 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2007
    NJ
    I know I'm in the minority but i say yes. Change it up. Go retro, go modern. I loved the college alt jerseys...even marylands.

I'm for a change, but also for multiple changes throughout the year.

5. BlameItOnTheHenne

BlameItOnTheHenne Taking a poop

Aug 15, 2010
    Davie
    I would like to see some change. I love the majority of the Nike Combat unis in college, even though I hope college unis never get a full time change.

And hasn't it been a while since the Phins altered their uniforms?

djphinfan likes this.
  6. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    Terrible, take a lap.

7. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    Why not? I say the NFL shouldnt take itself so seriously. Switch it up all the time. Week one go with our normal unis, week 2 throw a ****ing wrench and go crazy with a total modern look, week 3 use blue jerseys, week 4 white on white, week 5 retro etc etc

The nfl is a league that is watched by millions, fans mostly are belligerently drunk while watching, its more than a game, its life for most fans.......but lets be real, its a GAME.....lets have some fun with it!

8. Sethdaddy8

Sethdaddy8 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2007
    NJ
    And it's about money...why sell 2 jerseys when you can sell 4 or 5 per team.

9. Tone_E

Tone_E Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 8, 2007
    I see nothing wrong with it. Look at soccer jerseys. They change every year almost. Keeps things fresh.

On the flip side, watching NFL films makes you realize the beautiful history of the game, and changing to chrome helmets and patterned shoulder pad areas like Oregon's jerseys may kind of ruin that nostalgia for me a bit. Granted, existing jerseys have changes somewhat compared to jerseys of two decades ago, but radical changes IMO will erase all of that for me.

I'm torn I guess. So I just reminded you guys that I'm not a jerk.

10. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    yeah, change that sh%$ up...I'am done with old school...Old school is when we played in the orange bowl..Nike combat all the way.

11. Laces Out

Laces Out Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2011
    Omaha, Ne
    Can't be any worse than the drivel that Adidas put out.....do it up even for one game!