1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should I make a big time trade?

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football' started by Clark Kent, Oct 6, 2008.

Tags:
  1. Clark Kent

Clark Kent Fighter of the Nightman

May 9, 2008
    Right now I'm 3-1 (9 point lead this week, my opp has his K left to play, I think I'm likely to be 3-2 since NO sucks)

Starting team
    QB- Jay Cutler
    WR- Steve Smith
    WR- Roddy White
    WR- Roy Williams
    RB- LaDanian Tomlinson
    RB- Matt Forte
    TE- LJ Smith
    K- Matt Pratter
    DF- Green Bay

My Bench
    QB- Drew Brees
    RB- Steve Slaton
    RB- MJD
    WR- Desean Jackson
    WR- Lance Moore
    TE- Jermey Shockey (INJ)

I have serious depth at QB and RB (please retire Fred Taylor...). However my WR core is weak... Very weak.

Roddy White will go as far as Ryan takes him. Not confident in the long term.

Roy Williams doesn't have Martz to hook him up and the Lions are again a bottom of the barrel team.

Desean Jackson is showing ome skill in Philly, but I have long term worries.

Lance Moore is a stop gap until Colston comes back. Had a big game last week, I picked him up as a wait and see...

I'm looking to move either a QB or RB for a #1 WR. Some guy offered a T.J. Houzm.... Whatever. It involved Forte.

I give Lance Moore + Forte

I get T.J. and Selvin Young

Really just a straight up trade.

Would you do it? Any idea's to offer up another combo? Maybe try and go big with L.T. and get a real star?

Right now I've offered one guy Slaton and Moore for Ronnie Brown and Braylon Edwards (in hopes of a brilliant return). He's 1-3 (1-4 likely). Maybe apathy will give him motivation?

advice?

2. PeaTearGriffin

PeaTearGriffin Season Ticket Holder

Dec 8, 2007
    I would try to move Slaton before Forte. Why not try trading Jackson if you are worried about his long term value?

3. Timmy54

Timmy54 New Member

Aug 8, 2008
    do not give up forte, try dangling slayton out there and see if you get any bites.

i really dont think your squad is all bad, you should be sitting roy williams and starting Jackson, and find another TE.

4. Clark Kent

May 9, 2008
    The TE situation in my league is garbage. No one is available. I'm going to ride it out until Shockey is back. Should give me a late season boost, I hope.

5. texanphinatic

texanphinatic Senior Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    Not big on that trade, especially with Forte, but Id still be hesitant even with Slaton, hes been putting up some good numbers so far.

The Bengals are so bad overall I wouldnt jump at any of them, even if they do sometimes post some big games.

6. Clark Kent

May 9, 2008
    Thanks.

Right now I'm offering MJD and Roddy White for Greg Jennings.

MJD doesn't get enough touches for my taste.

With LT having toe problems, maybe I should consider trading him, getting value on his name?

7. TheAnswer385

TheAnswer385 Stay Low Run Free

Jan 7, 2008
    PA
    I just traded Eddie Royal and LT for Reggie Wayne and Aaron Rogers. I still have Turner Slaton and Ronnie as my rbs. I just dont think LT is the same as two years ago with Marty ball