1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should I do this trade?

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football' started by GISH, Sep 23, 2009.

Tags:
  1. GISH

GISH ~mUST wARN oTHERS~

Nov 23, 2007
    Over Yonder
    Ok, here's my situation. I'm 1-1, and this is the only league I've lost a game in. It's also the league I care the most about. It's a 10 team keeper money league. It is PPR. My roster is as follows....

[​IMG]

I listed Gore as trait bait, asking for a replacement RB and another solid starter.

I was offered Larry Fitzgerald and my choice of RB. RBs available are Thomas Jones, Willis McGahee, Larry Johnson, and Jamal Lewis. I would choose Jones.

Is it worth the trade off at RB to upgrade from Ted Ginn to Larry Fitzgerald? If I take Thomas Jones, then I have Jones, Ronnie, Hightower as viable starters. And I have some serious potential with Wells, Stewart, and McCoy on the bench. If I make this deal and Westbrook or DeAngelo Williams gets injured, Im golden.

WHAT SHOULD I DO? IS IT WORTH LOSING GORE? GORE IS #1 in RB SCORING RIGHT NOW.

2. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    do it.....fitz is warners fav target, boldin is injured....and imo.....teams are gunna start stacking the box against gore to make hill beat them. id do it honestly.

you have enough depth at rb to be ok

GISH likes this.
  3. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    I would. Fitz by himself is worth more than Gore IMO.

SICK and GISH like this.
  4. GISH

GISH ~mUST wARN oTHERS~

Nov 23, 2007
    Over Yonder
    When I drafted Gore, I dreamed up this scenario where he has an amazing game and I trade him for more than he's worth. But now I find myself 2nd guessing it. But Thomas Jones could end up producing as much as Gore if not more from here on out.

More input please. Im still torn.

5. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    especially now that dirty sanchez is getting so much attentions, defenses have to pay attention so TJ will get more carries imo

GISH likes this.
  6. GISH

GISH ~mUST wARN oTHERS~

Nov 23, 2007
    Over Yonder
    holy ****. i think i just made my mind. Fitz is playing against the Lions and Rams during our playoffs.

SICK likes this.
  7. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    woot! go for it

GISH likes this.
  8. GISH

GISH ~mUST wARN oTHERS~

Nov 23, 2007
    Over Yonder
    ok, i offered the trade. this is make or break for me. but after losing in the championship the past two seasons, i need to get over the top. plus i can keep andre, fitz, and ronnie next year.

9. GISH

GISH ~mUST wARN oTHERS~

Nov 23, 2007
    Over Yonder
    this is the epitomy of buying low and selling high.

10. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    I'd do it in a heartbeat.

I'd really think a lot about which RB you want though. I'm not a big TJ fan, esp if you don't own Washington.

GISH likes this.
  11. Die_Nasty

Die_Nasty Well-Known Member

May 16, 2008
    West Palm Beach, FL
    Damn man I need to find me a good keeper league out there. :P

I am in a similar predicament in my PPR league though. I find myself with a wealth of RB and a disappointment at WR after the injury to Gonzalez and my unfortunate love for drafting RBs. I am fairly competent when it comes to fantasy football, but id love to hear what y'all think about me potentially trading Matt Forte for Larry Fitzgerald and Braylon Edwards.

I spent a really high pick on Forte and I love having him on my team, but I would still own Chris Johnson, Frank Gore, Ryan Grant, and Darren Sproles. My current receivers are Housh, Mason, Evans, Coles, Moore, and Gonzalez (obviously would be starting if he was playing).

Let me know what you think.

12. Boik14

Boik14 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    I would do it but Id take LJ over Jones who will progressively lose carries to Washington and Green as the year goes on. Sure LJ will lose carries to Jamaal Charles but losing carries to 1 RB > losing carries to 2 RB's. Plus Johnson is in a wide open offense and in a division full of crappy defenses aside from Oakland

13. GISH

GISH ~mUST wARN oTHERS~

Nov 23, 2007
    Over Yonder
    fotre is off to a very slow start. he got pretty much nothing against a Green Bay defense that gave up nearly 200 yards to Cedric Benson. I would trade Forte for Larry and Braylon. Hell, I would do it for just Braylon.

You have excellent RBs without Forte. Upgrade that WR corp and start Fitz, Housh, and rotate your 3rd based on matchup and availability.

Larry Johnson is averaging 2.8 per carry and has yet to hit the endzone. On top of that he never gets any catches.

While Jones isnt getting receptions, he is getting the bulk of the carries, and he is the guy who will score the majority of their touchdowns.

McGahee is tempting because of his 4 tds and his receptions thus far. But its a complete crap shoot as to who will get the goalline touches in that offense.

Worst case scenario I start Ronnie and Tim Hightower until Westbrook is on IR.