1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shockey to Miami?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by SkapePhin, Apr 13, 2008.

Tags:
  1. SkapePhin

SkapePhin sigpicz.blogspot.com

Jan 3, 2008
    Fort Lauderdale
    alen1 likes this.
  2. Kanye West

Kanye West 'Parcells' Guy

Mar 23, 2008
    Please no Jermey Shocky is a punk

3. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    I like Shockey and am a fan of him because he went to the U but I dont want to give up any draft picks. He is a headcase. We need all the draft picks we can get.

njfinfan and DOLPHAN1 like this.
  4. Firesole

Firesole Season Ticket Holder

Mar 24, 2008
    wow, I wouldn't mind having Shockey here at all, but I'm thinking that may be too steep a price to pay. But then again, with Shockey here, that makes our exisiting WR core seem stronger than what it really is since Shockey will see most of the balls thrown his way.

5. Firesole

Mar 24, 2008
    but he still is one of the top 4 TEs in the league.

6. Kanye West

Mar 23, 2008
    Yea b ut he can demolish a locker room like when he started taking shots a Tom Coughlin and a 1 - 15 team does not need that

7. Jaj

Jaj Registered

Mar 23, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Don't be so sure that he isn't good value with the 57 though.

At the 32 I'd be leery but at the 57 he's good value indeed.

8. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    I would love to have a guy like shockey here, however Im not a big fan of this idea... two bummed legs, big contract, big ego, big mouth, and we would have to give up a second round pick? I'll pass on that one any day thanks.

9. Firesole

Mar 24, 2008
    the locker room wasn't demolished. And rightfully TOm COughlin deserved to be bashed a bit with the way they were playing. I'm not saying that SHockey should run his mouth to the media like he does, but I'm not going to deny that he is a great player either. I think under the Parcells regime, Shockey can be controlled, much the same way he controlled MeShawn and T.O.

10. Desides

Desides Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    Pass on Shockey, draft Fred Davis. TE position solved for the next 10 years.

H.Moody and dolfndav34 like this.
  11. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Why Fred?

Last edited: Apr 13, 2008
  12. HardKoreXXX

HardKoreXXX Insensitive to the Touch

Apr 2, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    A 2nd round pick is still pretty steep IMO. Shockey has battled injuries and appears to be a locker room cancer. The guy is a great player dont get me wrong, I just dont see this as a very likely scenario.

13. Kanye West

Mar 23, 2008
    He is a great talent but I think we should get a young tight end like draft one. He did controll Keyshawn but I dont know about T.O.

14. MelbournePhin

MelbournePhin New Member

Nov 30, 2007
    melbourne,fl
    if we can trade JT, that 2nd round price isnt so steep all the sudden

alen1 likes this.
  15. HardKoreXXX

Apr 2, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    The writer also referred to Miami as the 'Big Easy'. Not sure if I can believe a writer who doesnt know his nicknames of cities...

alen1 likes this.
  16. High Definition

High Definition No Smoke / No Drink 2011+

Nov 26, 2007
    South Beach
    32? Eh, I don't think so. There will be a top 15-20 caliber player who falls. Maybe a few.

57? I'm all over it. It's a worthy risk for a 27-year old top 3-4 TE in this league. I mean, you have to figure that we need to look TE with one of our top 4-5 picks to begin with. David Martin sucks, Justin Pelle is a decent backup, and the kid we signed from the Jets is known mostly for his blocking skills. We need a TE. I'd take Shockey at 57 over Martellus Bennett or Fred Davis.

MelbournePhin likes this.
  17. Firesole

Mar 24, 2008
    Man you guys continually say this every season about a certain player. No matter how many times you see guys get 2nd chances in a different location, alot of people here are willing to just not even try that approach, and instead try and draft a kid who may, or may not have the potential to even become half as good as the player who you wouldn't try to give a chance on your team.

Randy Moss? No, he is a cancer. (the guy blew it up in NE)
    T.O. Same, cancer, locker room head case. (he hasn't destroyed the Cowboys yet.)

There were even the same things said about Joey Porter last year.

18. Desides

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    Why not Fred? He'll be our Antonio Gates.

19. SkapePhin

SkapePhin sigpicz.blogspot.com

Jan 3, 2008
    Fort Lauderdale
    He was referring to New Orleans in that line.. The Saints are the other team interested in Shockey..

MelbournePhin, SICK and HardKoreXXX like this.
  20. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Martellius Bennett.:up:

21. Jaj

Jaj Registered

Mar 23, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Shockey is far above the caliber of this year's TEs.

22. Desides

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    And Joey Porter bombed with us.

The difference between Miami and New England/Dallas is simple: those teams won. Terrell Owens is happy because he's the center of attention on that team; Randy Moss is happy because he's on a team that's a threat to win the Super Bowl every year.

Terrell Owens would not be the center of attention in Miami (Jason Taylor and Dwyane Wade are), and Randy Moss would not have done a damn thing here.

We don't reclamation projects because we don't have the luxury of taking them on. First we need to build through the draft. Then we can worry about other teams' trash.

HardKoreXXX likes this.
  23. HardKoreXXX

Apr 2, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    You're also referring to 2 guys in TO and Moss who played on excellent teams. The mark of great character on a team is a player who keeps his head in bad times, as well as good.

If you think Moss would've been an Eagle Scout had the Pats started off 1-6 then you and I have a serious difference in opinion.

These Phins are not the Pats or Boys. How would Shockey act on a BAD team. Ask youself that question and tell me if your outlook is still the same.

24. Firesole

Mar 24, 2008
    You may be a tad bit high. Maybe you want to take a 2nd look and tell me how he did in the 2nd half of the season (once he was completely healed from offseason surgery)

Dallas was not a winner until they landed TO. They still aren't a winner technically. Moss is finally maturing. That is all. He finally learned and changed his ways. If the Patriots go 4-12 this season, Moss isn't going to return to his old ways. You know why? Because he got his money, and he is still getting the ball thrown to him, unlike when he was in Oakland.

when you are 1-15 you have the luxury to try whatver means necessary to become a winner. When you have a draft record as bad as ours, you don't rely solely on the draft to do your rebuilding either. This is why we still have a QB controversy.

25. Firesole

Mar 24, 2008
    we already know the answer to this. But, how would he react on a bad BILL PARCELLS managed team. That may be a different answer that you guys are just willing to disregard and not think about.

26. HardKoreXXX

Apr 2, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    Call him a homo?

27. Firesole

Mar 24, 2008
    I sure hope that's a sarcastic remark. There's no way he would do that to the VP of the team he was playing for.

28. HardKoreXXX

Apr 2, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    Of course its sarcastic. Just because Parcells is the VP doesnt mean guys are do a complete 180 and suddenly change. Did TO not still act like a 2 year old when he played under Parcells?

29. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    our second for shockey and giants 2nd

30. NaboCane

NaboCane Banned

Nov 24, 2007
    I like Shockey...but please, I hope we don't ship off any draft picks for him or anyone else at this point.

31. Desides

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    Oh, I remember how Joey Porter performed.

Dallas started winning because Tony Romo came in, not because Terrell Owens came in. Receivers can't throw themselves the ball, despite what Michael Irvin will tell you.

What are you talking about? He took a pay cut to come to New England; that's the only way they would have him. And, yes, if New England goes 4-12 this season, he will start whining. You will be able to set your watch by it.

alen1 and like2god like this.
  32. like2god

like2god Typical white person Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    CNY
    cnc66 likes this.
  33. Firesole

Mar 24, 2008
    I was referring to the contract that Moss signed this offseason.

And as far as Porter goes, I am 100% behind what he had done. He was backing up his teammate. I'm 100% in agreeance with his claim that Cam is a coward. He was easily the worst coach we have ever had in this franchise's history.

Would you feel different had it been JT that said these things on the bus?

34. Brown42000

Brown42000 Chillin

Nov 24, 2007
    RI
    He was speaking for the whole team and he was right for what he did Cam was a wimp and way over his head.

35. like2god

Nov 22, 2007
    CNY
    Not to mention that he wasn't exactly a model citizen for them last year after striking that woman and taking plays off. He is one year removed from telling the Oakland press that he didn't play hard because he wasn't getting the ball, as well as telling his new coach to "**** off" when Kiffin reached out to him.

All of the "Moss has matured" talk is bunk.

alen1, Desides and HardKoreXXX like this.
  36. Firesole

Mar 24, 2008
    OK, I see that you guys are clearly on the "I want only model citizens without any injury or questionable character flawed past" side, and I am the only one on the "I JUST WANT TO ****ING WIN A SUPERBOWL" side. all of your points considered and taken.

37. MelbournePhin

MelbournePhin New Member

Nov 30, 2007
    melbourne,fl
    cant have a team full of churchboys

38. like2god

Nov 22, 2007
    CNY
    I disagree

Under no circumstances should a player act that way towards his coach. If Porter was the team leader that people make him out to be, he would have stepped up during the season and said something when seeing things go wrong, he would have been a peacemaker during the 30,000 foot rumble instead of *****ing out his coach, he would have at least tried to learn the playbook before the season started. Porter did none of those things and had no right to blow up at his coach IMO.

Yes Cam was a failure at HC, but that doesn't mean that Porter was right.

finfansince72 and cnc66 like this.
  39. Desides

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    Which does not negate the fact that Moss took a pay cut to come to New England to win a Suepr Bowl. He is motivated by the desire to win. This is not a bad thing: it's what you want in a football player. He's willing to take less money to be a part of a winning team. The problem is that if the team doesn't win, he starts whining.

Oh, and he took less money to stay with New England again when he signed his new contract.

So basically, you think players are allowed to be overpaid primadonnas.

I can't wait for your reaction when Joey Porter gets cut--and believe me, he will. As soon as his contract becomes cap-friendly as it relates to being cut, Joey Porter will be out on his ***, and I will retract every bad thing I have said about Bill Parcells.

Porter merely had one outburst; JT spent the entire season undermining Cameron. I have no love for JT and wish to ship him off for a 2nd and 3rd.

40. like2god

Nov 22, 2007
    CNY
    I would rather go through a 1-15 season with high character guys that play their butts off than be a playoff team filled with TO's, Ocho Cinco's and Pacman's.

Why did we all love Zach? Was it because he ran his mouth and did silly endzone dances to draw attention to himself or was it because he would run through a brick wall to make a play and was a team leader? Would you rather have that type of player or a guy like Haynesworth, Henry, Jones, Johnson, etc that will either ruin your team from within or just be suspended for a season at a time?

alen1 and Desides like this.