1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sherlock season 3

Discussion in 'TV, Music and Movies' started by Finfangirl, Jan 16, 2014.

1. Finfangirl

Finfangirl Season Ticket Holder Luxury Box

Dec 8, 2007
    Bay Area, Ca
    Starts Sunday! I can't wait. This show is brilliantly written and the acting is phenomenal.
    Anybody watch it? You can catch season 1 and 2 on Netflix, if you haven't seen it. Each season is only about 4 episodes long.

ILPhinFan88, cuchulainn and Fin D like this.
  2. Paul 13

Paul 13 Chaotic Neutral & Unstable Genius Staff Member

Dec 3, 2007
    I'm assuming you saw the Christmas mini episode, that is supposedly a prequel to season 3? I have not watched this show yet, but my brother swears by it. I just got Netflix last night on my PS4 and have a lot of TV watching to do. I don't believe this series is available on DirecTv (neither is Downton Abbey... yet another show I need to watch that I heard is fantastic). DTV sucks sometimes.

3. Finfangirl

Finfangirl Season Ticket Holder Luxury Box

Dec 8, 2007
    Bay Area, Ca
    I didnt know it wasnt on DTV...hmm thanks for the downer Paul. I was wondering why I couldnt find it on my guide. Guess I'll have to wait till it comes out on Netflix or go over to a friends house who has a different cable provider.

4. ToddPhin

ToddPhin Premium Member Luxury Box Club Member

Jul 6, 2012
    NC
    Brilliant show.

5. Claymore95

Claymore95 Working on it... Club Member

Sep 8, 2012
    Peebles, Scotland
    It's an enjoyable season, only 3 x 90 minute episodes long but the writers have said they've been signed up to write seasons 4 and 5 and they hope there won't be such a wait for the next one (2 year break between seasons 2 and 3). Problem the BBC have is that Cumberbatch and Freeman are both pretty in demand in Hollywood now, but thankfully they both say they love doing Sherlock and want to continue making them.

Fin D likes this.
  6. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    BBC America does not have Season 3.

BBC America should be punched in the face with a bazooka.

7. Claymore95

Sep 8, 2012
    Peebles, Scotland
    That sucks. Makes no sense that a BBC show isn't being shown on BBC America. And they wonder why people use other means to catch shows that switch channels after hooking them in.

NaboCane likes this.
  8. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    I just checked.....PBS owns the American rights to Sherlock and it will premiere this SUNDAY (jan 19th) at 9:58 pm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/masterpiece/sherlock/

Claymore95 likes this.
  9. NaboCane

NaboCane Banned

Nov 24, 2007
    This is one show that I just can't stand. Horrible, IMHO.

10. Paul 13

Dec 3, 2007
    there might be ways to catch it online via tradition or ehem... nontraditional means :wink2:

11. Paul 13

Dec 3, 2007
    maybe you are referring to CBS show Elementary?

12. ToddPhin

ToddPhin Premium Member Luxury Box Club Member

Jul 6, 2012
    NC
    Paul 13 likes this.
  13. NaboCane

NaboCane Banned

Nov 24, 2007
    Give me Johnny Miller's brooding Sherlock over Mr. Beadyeyes any day.

14. Clark Kent

Clark Kent Fighter of the Nightman

May 9, 2008
    Just watched all of season 3. Really awesome season. Sherlock/Cumberbatch takes a huge leap in evolution this season. All three episodes were terrific and fun. Loved the cliffhanger too. 10/10 season. Sucks we're going to have to wait a while for season 4.

15. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    The wedding episode that just aired is officially my favorite episode of the entire show so far. It was amazing.

16. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    I really enjoyed much of his best man speech. It got a little long for me when he was trying to figure out who the intended victim was (maybe I was just ahead of him and impatient), but I loved how awkward the speech started and how it turned into a tear-jerker for much of the attendees. I also loved how uncomfortable he became when that happened.

17. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    I loved the whole episode start to finish. First of all it was extremely funny the whole time. I also really enjoy the choice they made by having Mary be one of the guys and not mindless target for Sherlock's scorn. I also really like how all the the regulars have basically formed a hidden network whose only goal is get Sherlock through life.

This show is so good.

Clark Kent and rafael like this.
  18. ConvenientTruth

ConvenientTruth Member

Jan 28, 2014
    Florida
    The "Best Man" is one of the best moments on the show....it allowed Sherlock to show how much he cares for these few people and what they mean to him. I agree about Mary....excellent choice to have her encouraging "the boys" adventures...

"I'm not John, I can tell when you're fibbing."

A also lover Watson calling him a Drama Queen...

great episode...

Fin D likes this.
  19. Clark Kent

Clark Kent Fighter of the Nightman

May 9, 2008
    This. It reminds me of the 1st season when someone said that one day they'll find a body and it will be Sherlock who put it there. His growth has been written perfectly. Also, I loved the back and forth between him and Mrs. Hudson during the wedding. She's such an underrated character in this series. She always makes the most of her screen time.

I checked out Elementary after season 3 of Sherlock. It's really not worth anyone's time. Sherlock isn't interesting whatsoever. The only thing slightly interesting about the show is the twist on Moriarty (I won't spoil it). Even then, Andrew Scott was better. I also don't really care for the Sherlock movies w/RDJ. BBC Sherlock is really the only version that's truly engrossing.

20. Claymore95

Sep 8, 2012
    Peebles, Scotland
    This is a pretty fun "blog" to read, especially some of the comments. I'm pretty sure there aren't any spoilers to the last episode in the season, which I assume hasn't been shown yet in the US, but be careful just in case I missed any.

http://johnwatsonblog.co.uk/

21. ConvenientTruth

ConvenientTruth Member

Jan 28, 2014
    Florida
    That is simply fantastic...

22. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    I do enjoy watching Elementary. It's not on the level of the BBC series, but I still enjoy it. I think the Watson character is well done. It was an interesting twist to make Watson female and Lucy Lui (whom I was not a fan of previously) has done a very good job with it. And the Moriarity character is also well done. IMO they went with a very traditional portrayal of Moriarity and it works well. At first I thought the Sherlock character was at best passable. He just seemed to walk around looking pinched and demeaning people. But I like how they've developed him. I see subtlety in the acting that wasn't there earlier in the series. And I like how they've shown how Sherlock makes Watson better and Watson makes Sherlock better. That to me is the essence of their relationship and essential to any retelling of the story. Well that along with having clever mysteries and plausible yet unconventional solutions that only a Sherlock can deduce. Those mysteries are what make the stories engrossing for me. I tend to figure out what will happen in most shows relatively quickly and grow bored as it plays out as I expected. Both Elementary and Sherlock (BBC) provide enough twists that I'm not always bored.

Finfangirl likes this.