1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sheppard to the Jets done

Discussion in 'AFC East Rivals' started by NJFINSFAN1, Feb 28, 2009.

Tags:
  1. NJFINSFAN1

NJFINSFAN1 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    Northwest New Jersey
    Eagles traded CB Lito Sheppard to the Jets for a 2009 fifth-round pick and a conditional pick in 2010.
    Details have not been released on the conditional pick, but it's believed to be anywhere between a second- and fourth-round pick. The second rounder would presumably be very difficult to attain. Sheppard is expected to line up as a starter opposite Darrelle Revis, which was a spot of need for the Jets. The Eagles did well to get significant value for Sheppard a year and a couple of demotions after first putting him on the block.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/Home_NFL.aspx

Seems like a cheap price depending on what the conditional is

2. Sethdaddy8

Sethdaddy8 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2007
    NJ
    Eagles **** the bed. if they were gonna just bench him and let him rot...they shouldn't have been so damn greedy. thy couldve gotten at least a 2nd for him this time last year.

3. azfinfanmang

azfinfanmang Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Wow, either this guy lost it all very very quickly, or the Iggles are just flat out on a firesale.

They also lost Dawkins to the Donkeys......

4. texanphinatic

texanphinatic Senior Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    A combination of both AZ. Litos been riding the pine for awhile, hes definately not the guy he was before.

azfinfanmang likes this.
  5. He was riding the pine due to the Samuels signing last year, you never know.

6. GARDENHEAD

GARDENHEAD Season Ticket Holder Club Member

May 7, 2008
    New Orleans
    Gotta admit, Lito and Darelle is a good CB tandem. Too bad they won't be able to get any pressure on the QB. They sure could use a big, strong pass-rushing LB. Too bad Gholston was an BUST!

7. maybe you havent heard of Pace or Scott?

8. GARDENHEAD

May 7, 2008
    New Orleans
    Scott's not gonna pressure the QB. He's a damn good player, but he had 1.5 sacks last year. That isn't his job. You should have known that.

Pace played well, but if he gets doubled, there's no one on your roster to pick up the slack...unless Gholston learns how to play football as well as he can to wow people at the combine.

calphin likes this.
  9. BwanaZulia

BwanaZulia New Member

May 12, 2008
    Good trade.

BZ

10. AGAW

AGAW New Member

Feb 26, 2009
    If you're going to talk about your division rivals and their players, you may want to add some substance to what you're saying...

Scott wasn't utilized in a roll to rush the passer last year because he had to cover what Lewis couldn't...

You'll see Scott and Harris switch off Mike roles... Don't believe it? You'll get to see it twice this year, so no worries...

11. azfinfanmang

azfinfanmang Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Here's the thing about Scott.

As is often the case, he is being rewarded for having his best years behind him.
    Instead of his numbers rising while Ray Lewis gets older, they have been declining.
    In 2006, he had without a doubt his best year in the NFL with over 100 tackles AND 9.5 sacks.
    Since then, he has dropped 10 tackles a season and has a combined 3.5 sacks in two years.

Is he a huge upgrade to what you had? Absolutely without any doubt.

Was he worth the contract they gave him? I really dont think so, but that is why they lace them up and go out every weekend.
    Anytime, any player has some sort of bargaining war going on during FA, that player is going to be overpaid, that is just simple economics.
    More times than not, the teams that end up winning these "Jewels" in FA end up wishing they hadnt gotten pulled into the bidding war in the first place. I can't think of the last time it has actually paid off for a team....

unluckyluciano and padre31 like this.
  12. GARDENHEAD

May 7, 2008
    New Orleans
    My only point was that Bart Scott is not particularly adept at rushing the passer. Not enough substance for you? I think I backed that assertion up with substance (he's a MLB and he had 1.5 sacks last year). I'm sooooo sorry if I didn't know the jets' plan for him to switch roles with Harris. By the way, is that speculation, or have the new coaches actually stated that in his press conference? You got a link to substantiate that assertion?