1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shane Patton Says there is another Player in the Fisher Cluster Cake!

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Dorfdad, Jan 13, 2012.

1. Dorfdad

Dorfdad Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2007
    http://missourisportsmag.com/?p=46911

Don't know what to think, I believe Fisher would be interested in that position over both Miami and St.Louis especially with control and the #1 Pick (luck) and Manning in toe for a few more years..

Im seriously just tired of the speculation...

Larry Little likes this.
  2. dWreck

dWreck formerly dcaf

Oct 23, 2011
    Sebring, FL
    i was waiting for this theory to leave the forums and hit some form of news media.

hurry the **** up already.

3. PSG

PSG Clear Eyes. Full Hearts.

Nov 24, 2007
    North of the Border
    If this is true, now might be a good time for Ross to tell Fisher a decision is needed in the next 24 or 48 hours or whatever Ross deems is acceptable.
    It was one thing to be deciding between the two teams he's interviewed with, it's an entirely different story to wait on a third team who hasn't actually fired the coach they have yet.

4. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Draft Forum Moderator Luxury Box

Dec 1, 2007
    Shane Patton is full of sh-t.

5. Dorfdad

Dec 9, 2007
    Possible man, but I seen this now on two other sites sometimes where there is smoke... Possible new GM needed a few days to get things in order and determine if they need a new head coach (which I think they do). It's possible they talked to him already phone or otherwise I dunno.

6. PhinGeneral

PhinGeneral PC Texas A&M, Bro Club Member

Jan 4, 2008
    Swamps of Jersey
    Considering that the article is just saying "rumors surfacing" instead of actual inside sources saying something, this is nothing that most of this board couldn't have written.

7. Larryfinfan

Larryfinfan 17-0...Priceless Club Member

Didn't they just hire a GM there ?? I don't know if there is any connection between Grigson and Fisher, but I don't see why coaching there isn't a draw for Fisher. They run his D, they may have Peyton, they have the #1 overall pick, likely Andrew Luck....but....they also have a meddling owner who has already stated his backing of Manning. This could also explain the delay in a decision as Grigson and Fisher probably have talked. Remember also that Fisher carries a lot of clout with the owners in general and is very familiar with many of them, including Irsay...

I hope not, but this isn't anything new...it's been out there for several days, in fact since Grigson was hired...

8. PhinGeneral

PhinGeneral PC Texas A&M, Bro Club Member

Jan 4, 2008
    Swamps of Jersey
    When someone inside with some quality credentials says something to affirm this, I'll be concerned. Other than that, it's just people drawing baseless conclusions because the process is dragging out a bit.

9. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Draft Forum Moderator Luxury Box

Dec 1, 2007
    Rumors. I can start a rumor. Jeff Fisher is thinking about taking the Oakland job. There. That's a rumor.

It's not based in anything real. The people that are actually tracking what is REALLY going on have been very adamant on this issue.

ssmiami, Larry Little and Ronnie Bass like this.
  10. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    OMG!!! I just read this rumor that now he's linked to the Oakland job!!!

DOLPHAN1, Finfangirl, Aquafin and 5 others like this.
  11. PSG

PSG Clear Eyes. Full Hearts.

Nov 24, 2007
    North of the Border

Dammit. Now we have 3 teams to worry about.

12. jsizzle

jsizzle Banned

Jan 3, 2012
    Fisher to Oakland now? Man, these things happen so fast! Let me post on Facebook!

13. Dorfdad

Dec 9, 2007
    With all due respect Ck your not an Directing editor and NFL columnist that is speaking with others in your circles. They may be hearing some things through the grapevine or directly but unable to publicly speak about it. Or it may be total crap I dunno.. at this time.

14. jsizzle

jsizzle Banned

Jan 3, 2012
    I would trust what CK says over any of those other guys, every time.

Aquafin and Larryfinfan like this.
  15. Dorfdad

Dec 9, 2007
    No disrespect twords CK I told you that he has more NFL knowledge than me for sure, but sometimes where there is smoke well there is fire.. I mean seeing how it has gone doesn't it seem something is ODD about this whole situation and timeline??!

16. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    No it doesn't.

In this day and age rumors get started and passed around without any verification. Now, you basically say CK has no idea what he's talking about because he's only going by actual insiders and journalists instead of rumor mongers.

17. BlameItOnTheHenne

BlameItOnTheHenne Taking a poop

Aug 15, 2010
    Davie
    Same sh*t, different day.

Larry Little likes this.
  18. Larry Little

Larry Little Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Nashville, TN
    This has been a concern of mine, that Indy would officially fire Caldwell and enter the Fisher sweepstakes. However, the only 'concrete' info we have is that Fisher is deciding only between MIA and STL, and Caldwell is still, officially, the Indy HC.

I can stand the suspense surrounding what we DO know... I can't take it if I start giving weight to every rumor.

19. MonstBlitz

MonstBlitz Nobody's Fart Catcher

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    Whether it's a rumor, baseless speculation or whatever else, I believe it to be the case. See my thread in the rants forum.

20. BicketyBam

BicketyBam No Fist Pumps Allowed

Sep 6, 2010
    New Milford, CT
    Who do you think has offered the most money (formally or not) between the Rams and the Dolphins? Who do you think would give him the most power? Who do you think he has the better chance to win with? Where do you think is a better place to live?

I have to believe the answer to all of those questions is Miami. So your theory sounds perfectly plausible to me.

21. MonstBlitz

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    Yeah, he's had plenty of time to make a decision. The only logical thing I can see slowing him down is the Colts job. The screwy sounding excuses just seem like a stall to me. All we need for him to say now is, "I don't know how many times I have to say it. I'm not going to be the Indianapolis coach."

I agree with those saying this is purely speculation. It doesn't mean it's not completely logical. If I were Fisher I wouldn't have to think about it for longer than 10 minutes if given the option of the Dolphins, Rams, or Colts. My Dolphin fandom aside, I choose the Colts job. Better QB prospects, revenge factor, etc.

22. first&goal

first&goal Luxury Box Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Charlotte
    Rumors is what drive the media, I'm not sure what to believe no more, but I always saw the Colts position to be a real possibility for Fisher, the fact that hes taking all this sweet time to make a decision, re- enforce even more the actual possibility of him waiting for the opening. I always thought that Ross should had gived a deadline to Fisher...

23. Larryfinfan

'Yeah, well sometimes a 'rumor' gets started by some media guy putting 2 and 2 together and coming up with 3....

Fisher has been 'rumored' to like the Colts situation.

They just hired a new GM and he is 'evaluating' the coaching situation.

They have had a bad season and Caldwell is on the hot seat.

They have the 1st overall pick, which means Andrew Luck.

They have Peyton Manning, at this point. Arguably the #1, #2, #3 QB [when healthy] depending on who you talk to.

They run a 4/3, Tampa 2, a Fisher type D.

Fisher is a high profile coach who has said he's getting back into coaching this season.'

Add these things up and there you have it " A Rumor"....

24. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    This is the major problem with Twitter.

Most sports "journalists" now use Twitter as a way to post rumors/speculation not facts, without having to worry about journalistic integrity.

smahtaz likes this.
  25. MonstBlitz

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    Speculation by the media that is good "news" for the Dolphins = fans love it

Speculation by the media that is bad "news" for the Dolphins = irresponsible journalism

26. Larryfinfan

I'm not arguing that the article is bad, just that it's a rumor. That's all. It also goes against what every one of the nat'l rumor mongers have been saying about Fisher. There's nothing wrong with writing that article, just you have to understand it's a rumor.

Certainly, I'm on the Fisher bandwagon and he may change course....well, just heard the news that Fisher is going to Rams, so I guess this was a rumor....

MonstBlitz likes this.
  27. Aquafin

Aquafin New Member

Jun 16, 2011
    the poor house
    well this crap is the exact reason why I want us to lose enough games to put us in a good spot to get a big time qb I think by keeping Ireland the dolphins will screw themselves we should just hired Cowher last year and we are not having these discussions .

28. MonstBlitz

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    Losing Fisher to the Colts would have at least made sense.

Losing Fisher to the Rams is downright embarrassing.

BicketyBam likes this.