1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Senior Bowl : Why does the NFL have it for Seniors only ?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by PMZQ, Jan 19, 2009.

1. PMZQ

PMZQ Banned

Nov 24, 2007
    Miami, FL
    I need some clarification if someone can explain.....

Is the Senior Bowl only for those who have graduated ? Is it only for those that have stayed for their senior year, even if they redshirted and have already graduated ?

It seems to me to be an unfair penalty to deny a red-shirted Jr that still has one year left, but has contributed 4 years of school work and gotten his degree, this wonderful opportunity to be seen by GMs and HC's.

Is this the case ? Are these Jr's denied the Senior Bowl ?

2. Boomer

Boomer Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 30, 2007
    A lot of the juniors go and walk the sidelines, but it's an event for guys who have completed their senior season of football. A number don't graduate to the spring anyway, but if you've played football as a senior then you're eligible. It's a very good, high profile event and it's an honour bestowed upon seniors. Because of that it's used as an incentive to return.

PMZQ likes this.
  3. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    Also some of the players in the senior bowl will never make NFL teams. The point isn't just to show off talent, it's a last game for some of these guys.

4. PMZQ

PMZQ Banned

Nov 24, 2007
    Miami, FL
    Thanks guys, great answers and they let me know what I needed to know. :up: