1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sending flowers to a girl

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Ronnie Bass, Sep 14, 2009.

1. Ronnie Bass

Ronnie Bass Luxury Box Luxury Box

Dec 19, 2007
    I got the flowers picked out, just not sure what to write since that part is always the toughest part for me. To give an idea what I am looking at she works in a office next to where I work part time and she knows I am interested in her, the thing is I only work there on the weekends and she works during the week so I never see her, I only met her because I filled in for a week.

Her boss gave her my number and it's been almost a month and nothing yet so I am going for a bold move here so I need to write something with some moxy in it.

Any suggestions?

And here are the flowers, or orchids I plan on sending to her:

http://ww4.1800flowers.com/product....rBeacon=true&gclid=COS0-s3O8pwCFQtN5QodvSSurQ

EDIT: I think I got it: To brighten your day. Simple and sweet.

2. jetssuck

jetssuck I hear Mandich's voice...

Aug 4, 2009
    Perfectville
    That'll work, keep it simple.......if you say too much it will appear desperate or stalkerish. If this doesn't work, THEN get stalkerish...lol

3. late again

late again Senior Member

Nov 24, 2007
    Maybe something like.....
    "Deepest sympathies for breaking your hand.....I can't think of any other reason why you haven't called".

Rocky Raccoon and Ronnie Bass like this.
  4. Muck

Muck Throwback Uniform Crusader Retired Administrator

Nov 25, 2007
    Sunny Florida
    Short and sweet.

And if it doesn't happen, at least there won't be any awkward encounters. :)

Ronnie Bass likes this.
  5. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    "these are for you. if your not interested, please return quickly so i can send to someone else before they die completley."

your welcome.

6. NaboCane

NaboCane Banned

Nov 24, 2007
    :lol: Nice, Sick.

Here's the thing: if she's interested, this will be a sweet, romantic gesture you might one day tell your children about; but if she's not, you'll never hear back. Or, if she's like so many women today, she'll react badly.

But don't let that stop you - goddamit, romance HAS TO survive this graceless age somehow!

(special thanks to Don Henley!)

7. opfinistic

opfinistic Braaaaains!

Dec 7, 2007
    Peeking in Nabo's Basement
    'Roses are Red
    Violets are Blue
    Lets hook up and do it
    Before this day is through....'

8. Finsanity

Finsanity New Member

Apr 21, 2009
    City of Angels
    don't send flowers. Man up and ask her out. What the worst she can say no. Who cares and move on. At least you'll keep your $50 bucks. That what I'll do and if she likes you she not going to say no. Im not a fan of showering girls with gifts especially before I even go out with them.

9. Ronnie Bass

Dec 19, 2007
    Years ago that would be the way to go but I fear times have changed some, girls now have so many avenues to get to know a guy like cell phones, facebook and such they now can afford to take their time to get to know a guy before commiting to going out, the closest thing to getting a date from someone you don't know well is perhaps drinks at happy hour where you both meet someplace instead of you picking her up.

I ain't got time for all that crap so I need something bold to get the job done.

10. azfinfanmang

azfinfanmang Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    I wouldn't change a thing Ronnie.

Orchids with a nice quick "To brighten your day" is actually perfect.

It will let her know you are indeed thinking about her without completely commiting anything.
    The next move is of course on her, but I imagine the next time you see her you will have a pretty good idea of where things are going to go :up:

Good luck and let us know hw it turns out

dolphindebby, anlgp and Ronnie Bass like this.
  11. opfinistic

opfinistic Braaaaains!

Dec 7, 2007
    Throw in a box of *****-shaped chocolates to seal the deal.

12. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    Well you're 44 according to your profile so I'm going to assume she is in your age range. She should be mature enough to handle it like an adult no matter what she thinks, and I think what you did/are going to do is perfect.

13. DrAstroZoom

DrAstroZoom Canary in a Coal Mine Luxury Box

Jan 8, 2008
    Springfield, Ill.
    "Wanna ****?"

/thread

14. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    this.

GISH and opfinistic like this.
  15. opfinistic

opfinistic Braaaaains!

Dec 7, 2007
    Especially if you get the ones with nuts.

16. unluckyluciano

unluckyluciano For My Hero JetsSuck

Dec 7, 2007
    do you like me, check one for yes, check 2 for no.

to whom it may concern: I wish to pollinate your garden buuuuuzzzzzzzz

17. HardKoreXXX

HardKoreXXX Insensitive to the Touch

Apr 2, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    Translation: You're old, I'm old, who we kiddin' here sweetheart?

18. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    Send two sets of flowers,

The first says, "I got you these because I wanted to make you smile."

The second says, "...And I got you these to make the other women around you jealous."

19. late again

late again Senior Member

Nov 24, 2007

I think maybe some of the other posts may be right. Forget the flowers.
    Just go up to her work. Stand outside of a window that she can see out of and drop your pants. If she waves and smiles she's probably interested. If she calls the cops - forget her and move on.

Frumundah Finnatic and Fin D like this.
  20. #1 fan

#1 fan Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2007
    miami
    to be honest, i agree. if she likes you, she rather you ask her out, then send her flowers. she wont know what to do once she receives them. she's not going to ask you out.

girls like playing games, but hate making the bolder moves. she rather you just bring up a place to meet. she could care less about the flowers.

21. unluckyluciano

unluckyluciano For My Hero JetsSuck

Dec 7, 2007
    thats what he should put on the card. That or "Biological clock is ticking sweetheart tick, tick,tick."

22. opfinistic

opfinistic Braaaaains!

Dec 7, 2007
    I could tell you that what you think of as your personality is nothing but a collection of Vanity Fair articles. I could tell you your choice of sexual partners this evening was decided months ago by some account executive at Young & Rubicam. I could tell you that given a week to study your father and the ways in which he ignores you I could come up with a schtick you'd be helpless to resist. Helpless.

23. Ronnie Bass

Dec 19, 2007
    Actually she is 30, but I also don't look anything like 44, I have been told by many I could pass for at least ten years younger.

Boik14 and Alex44 like this.
  24. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    Well it's not really about age. I guess my point is you are both adults, and if she isn't adult enough to handle it well you wouldn't have wanted her anyway. :up:

Ronnie Bass likes this.
  25. Ronnie Bass

Dec 19, 2007
    Yeah maybe I will throw this to my sisters and some of my lady friends to find out what might be the best approach, I mean lets face it, how many of us guys actually have a clue what these people of the opposite sex really want. :lol:

Frumundah Finnatic likes this.
  26. Ronnie Bass

Dec 19, 2007
    That is actually pretty slick. But you have to make sure she reads the notes in the right order.

opfinistic and Fin D like this.
  27. GISH

GISH ~mUST wARN oTHERS~

Nov 23, 2007
    Over Yonder
    FinD, i didnt know you were a pimp. i will be using this technique at some point in the future.

Frumundah Finnatic and Fin D like this.
  28. azfinfanmang

azfinfanmang Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Well let's see.

You're 44 and she's 30?

Skip the flowers and just send her cash. :shifty:

29. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    Have the second one arrive ten minutes later. You will be in.

30. GISH

GISH ~mUST wARN oTHERS~

Nov 23, 2007
    Over Yonder
    Dear Love,

My life is empty when you're not with me. Knowing of your existence without your company has brought anguish to my soul. Accept this token of natures beauty, and meet me in the bathroom on friday afternoon for a quickie.

Forever Yours,
    Ronnie Bass

P.S. You're Welcome.

31. Ronnie Bass

Dec 19, 2007
    That would work if she is in the office, but def something to consider.

Fin D likes this.
  32. late again

late again Senior Member

Nov 24, 2007
    Oh alright, I suppose I can give you a serious answer.
    First of all don't take that she hasn't called you to necessarily mean much. A lot of women still want the guy to make the first move.
    To be honest, I think flowers are the wrong way to go for now. Because you are still dropping the ball into her lap to make direct contact.
    Without knowing if this is even feasible, the best thing to do would be for you to get up there to where she works while she's there. Bring her a cup of coffee and see if she can take a break. If she's interested she'll either take her break with you or let you know when she can take it.

33. opfinistic

opfinistic Braaaaains!

Dec 7, 2007
    PPS. Bring a condom, I'm usually out of them by Friday afternoon.

34. Ronnie Bass

Dec 19, 2007
    Maybe if I sent her the flowers AND then approached her shortly after? Hmmm...what to do, what to do....

35. Ronnie Bass

Dec 19, 2007
    I swear I just got spammed with a text that said this - if you want to impress a girl, buy a ferrari.

GISH and opfinistic like this.
  36. dolphindebby

dolphindebby Season Ticket Holder Luxury Box

Nov 26, 2007
    GA
    You're truly one of the best op.
    Thanks for the laugh, I really needed it.

opfinistic likes this.
  37. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    Yup, send the flowers then approach her. Like late said, without showing up, you're putting her in the position to call you first.

Ronnie Bass likes this.
  38. HardKoreXXX

HardKoreXXX Insensitive to the Touch

Apr 2, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    OR, send her flowers anonymously. Then show up and ask "Hey, who sent you these beautiful flowers? I bet it's someone with a large expense account and an above-average sized *****."

39. Ronnie Bass

Dec 19, 2007
    Yeah, that did strike a cord with me as well. I can always have the florist call me the minute she gets them and I can there go there or just call her.

40. late again

late again Senior Member

Nov 24, 2007
    Maybe..I don't know.
    I guess my thinking is that if you send flowers then she may think that you're the kind of person (since she knows little to nothing about you) who will expect something in return. By the age of 30 most people have developed at least a small amount of cynicism. Whereas a cup of coffee is pretty innocuous. You walk in with some coffee and an offer to keep her company during her break at work and the exchange should be fairly pure and honest. Sometimes less is more, as they say.
    If the relationship develops you'll have plenty of opportunities to give her flowers Meanwhile, the best way to impress is to be sincere, easy going, considerate. Just show her who you are. I was just kidding earlier about dropping your pants, too.:lol:
    Good luck, brother.