1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sebo Mock 2010

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by B.Sebo, Apr 11, 2010.

Tags:
  1. B.Sebo

B.Sebo TV Mastermind

Dec 16, 2007
    West Arkansas
    Well I thought that I would retire from the mock draft game after last year, but I just could not stay away. Almost every player here is a player that Boomer has confirmed we have talked to (with the exception of the fourth round choice). In conclusion, I tried to be as realistic as possible with the picks.

1. WR Dez Bryant - I like our receivers, probably more than most around here, but this pick is all about adding that extra punch and explosiveness. I cannot remember a time when there were so many options that I was interested in with the first round pick. Be it Thomas, Graham, Tate, Washington, Hughes, etc . . . In the end though, Dez has a chance to be special, and I would make this pick every day.

2. OLB Jason Worilds - Its a deep draft for 3-4 OLB"s and I have loved this kid every since UD's video on him a couple of months ago. Like most around here, I think that we could use some serious help at OLB, and Worilds has the potential to be a dynamite SOLB for us and could make an impact immediately.

3. FS Major Wright - I watch a lot of SEC football (obviously), but I usually have a bias against players form my conference of choice. Give me a hard nosed Big Ten kid anyday over a guy from LSU or Tennessee or Florida. Major Wright is an exception in this case because when I would watch the Gators, I always came away impressed with him. A glut of safety prospects push him down to the third and a sweet spot for the Dolphins.

4. OLB Eric Norwood - Here I go contradicting myself again, but Norwood would make an excellent WOLB for us, even if he is from the SEC. Norwood may not be the fastest or strongest player in the draft, but his instincts are top notch and his intangibles are off the chart. This is the one player in my mock that we have not spoken to, so that makes it unlikely he will be picked, especially since he is just under the magical height requirement.

6a. TE Garrett Graham - Likely not the Graham that most on here wanted at Tight End, but I just felt that with taken Bryant at number 1, we needed to go defense for the next three picks. Graham doesn't have the body of work that I really like from a player being drafted, but there is no denying he has the raw tools to be a good player. With his speed and nack for finding himself open, I think he compliments Fasano well.

6b. NT Ekam Udofia - Boy do I like this guy, to me he has the tools to be a very good NT in the league. However, for the time being, I think he is a very capable backup for Solia (for whom I like a lot) while Ferguson serves his suspension. I have concerns that he might go higher than this, just because of the fact that he is a true 3-4 nose.

6c. ILB Austin Spitler - I'm going to be honest with you all on this one, I don't know a heck of a lot about Spitler other than the fact that he took over for Laurianitis and did so capably. According to Boomer, we are enamored with him, and to be honest thats good enough for me. Plus, I love me some big tough players from THE Ohio State.

7a. OL Eric Cook - I hate only taking on o-lineman in the draft, but I think we can get by with doing so. Cook will almost certainly be a center prospect, although I could see him being kicked to guard. Its the seventh round, and I think Cook represents some pretty good value here.

7b. OLB Adrian Tracy - One more OLB for the road, giving us four total linebackers drafted. Tracy is a guy that I could see coming and suprising us all and making the team. William and Mary does not play the best competition, but Tracy could very well come off the board in the sixth round, but something tells me he will drop a little bit come next week.

7c. WR Emmanuelle Sanders - Originally this was to be a running back, but going by our interviews, I don't really see anybody who fits into this slot. Not to mention the fact that I think we are still okay at that position. Sanders comes from the great mind that brought us Bess and I think he compares favorably to the former Warrior. Sanders is a smooth athlete and I could see him being stored on the practice squad for a year or so to develop while we see what happens with some of our other receivers.

Well there you have it, likely the only mock I will do this year (as opposed to previous years) so have fun tearing it apart.

jim1 and padre31 like this.
  2. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    There just is no escaping the Mock draft game B Sebo..once you begin thinking in that manner, you will do another one...oh yes..:yes:

Unto your mock, Worilds is a bit high, like the Bryant pick, and Norwood is a bit to small for this staff.

Like the Cook/Sanders/Tracy picks.

B.Sebo likes this.
  3. B.Sebo

B.Sebo TV Mastermind

Dec 16, 2007
    West Arkansas
    I'm actually afraid Worilds will go before we pick in the second. I know Norwood is just slightly small, but to be honest, I had trouble finding a better weakside prospect at that point in the draft.

As for Bryant, I have tried to stay mum on the subject throughout this process because I don't really want to make any enemies with the Dez haters, but I really like him. And when it came down to it, I would rather have Dez and Worilds than Graham and LeFell (whom I hate with great passion).

padre31 likes this.
  4. KB21

KB21 Almost Never Wrong Club Member

Dec 6, 2007
    With Worilds and Norwood, you have two non prototypes at the OLB position. This regime may soften their stance and take one nonprototype guy, but I highly doubt they take two.

B.Sebo likes this.
  5. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Not with the injury issues, he is likely a 3rd/4th rd pick imho

I'm still not a huge fan of Schmez Wyant, but I like the attempt to find Dominant Talent, Blue Collar types only take a team so far until you need the gamebreakers.

Bryant is a gamebreaker.

A WOLB in the 4th?

Dexter Davis maybe?

Central Arkansas Larry Hart is another good WLB prospect who will be there later in the draft, and maybe Antonio Coleman from Auburn.

B.Sebo likes this.
  6. B.Sebo

B.Sebo TV Mastermind

Dec 16, 2007
    West Arkansas
    Wow now there is a name. I have a lot of friends who are big time UCA fans and they have been talking that guy up a lot over the past year or so. We actually have some mutual friends so maybe I can find out who has shown interest in him.

It doesn't have to be a WOLB in the 4th of course, thats just the way this mock went toward. I think we are in good shape everywhere else, just hope we finally overhaul the linebackers.

padre31 likes this.
  7. B.Sebo

B.Sebo TV Mastermind

Dec 16, 2007
    West Arkansas
    Oh I absolutely know your right, and in fact I mentioned in the mock that I highly doubted they would take Norwood for that very reason.

In fact, all the guys I like in the first break some kind of rule with this regime. Bryant (or trade down for Tate), Thomas (whom I know you hate), Washington, Hughes, or Graham. It's kind of infuriating actually.

8. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    Nice mock! IMO its one of the best ones I've seen in terms of impact and possibility of happening.

B.Sebo likes this.