1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sean Smith

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by 2socks, Dec 9, 2012.

1. 2socks

2socks Rebuilding Since 1973

Nov 27, 2008
    Atlanta
    Is it me or does this guy just go thru the motions. Like he is in practice instead of a game. He seems like he is only giving partial effort. Anytime a play for the opposite team happens he has his hands in the air as if to say "what the hell is going on"

This guy needs to step up and lead by example. Stop going thru the motions and make a damn play. Knock somebody on their a$$.

mi2cents likes this.
  2. GARDENHEAD

GARDENHEAD Season Ticket Holder Club Member

May 7, 2008
    New Orleans
    No. I don't see it that way.

3. shouright

shouright Banned

Dec 13, 2007
    He reminds me of the kind of guy you see cruising in his car with one hand on the top of the steering wheel, leaned way back in his seat, totally chilled out.

The problem is that he plays the game that way.

Bpk and 2socks like this.
  4. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    He's a joke. Every tackle or pass defended he lets it go. He's average. At most he should be a nickle corner.

He runs his mouth like a idiot diva starter, yet he plays like a *****. Hate him. He never makes a play, never scares a QB, never does anything to make you say "he's the man".

TiP54, cuchulainn and 2socks like this.
  5. Springveldt

Springveldt Season Ticket Holder

Looks to me like he's playing not to get hurt, he's looking for that FA contract.

Caveat Emptor.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Jul 5, 2009
    Nah. He's a good corner. Above average.

7. Nappy Roots

Nappy Roots Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Bradenton,FL
    Not aggressive at all. One reason a lot of people loved VD more

8. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    I wish Vontae wasn't a boy.

3 picks, and i would estimate 28 drops in four years, his contract demands better come down.

Bpk likes this.
  9. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    I did see him pu$&y out on a could of been gang tackle..

Bpk likes this.
  10. 2socks

Nov 27, 2008
    Atlanta
    actually avoided contact several times in the game. I can't stand him and hope they get rid of that crap this off season. He is setting the tone for the whole secondary and that is not good. Need a leader back there, Smith is definitely not it

RevRick and Bpk like this.
  11. emocomputerjock

emocomputerjock Senior Member

Nov 23, 2007
    DC
    It's obvious he was drafted for a Paul Pasqualoni defense and not a Kevin Coyle defense.

12. 2socks

Nov 27, 2008
    Atlanta
    What do you mean? He either can play or he can't. JMO. I can live with learning and all that stuff as long as he is trying. He just flat out only gives 50% 1/2 of the time. It is unacceptable and not what this team is about. We don't see Cam Wake only trying 50% of the time. Dude may not celebrate with the other players but he leads by example. I don't see that from Sean Smith. Look at guys like Ray Lewis. Dude gives 100% , all the time. You will never see him give up, or not try. That's a leader.

13. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

This has to be sarcasm mocking the Irish apologists.

14. Bpk

Would enjoy seeing a fullback plant his helmet in Sean's *** as he tried to run like a coward from tackling him.

15. Bpk

Get my nails did.

And hair.

And not getting my contract did.

2socks likes this.
  16. Stringer Bell

Stringer Bell Post Hard, Post Often Club Member

Mar 22, 2008
    Sean Smith's problem is that he plays with a basketball player's mentality IMO.

17. emocomputerjock

emocomputerjock Senior Member

Nov 23, 2007
    DC
    Oh it is. There's also the additional joke of Smith's being soft and yielding matching Paqualoni's defense perfectly.

18. GMJohnson

GMJohnson New Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Sean Smith is the least of our worries. But I'm not going to interfere with you guys' post game venting so....

thisperishedmin and Anonymous like this.
  19. 2socks

Nov 27, 2008
    Atlanta
    It's not about that. It's about Smith being a dud. Week after week same **** different day. Trying to talk about something other then THill or Ireland.:up:

20. GMJohnson

GMJohnson New Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Cool. But why Sean Smith, he's been solid all year. I haven't re-watched the SF game yet but Brady avoided him like the plague last week. If you want to go after a DB, Nolan Carroll is much better choice IMO.

21. pacadermng67

pacadermng67 New Member

Jul 18, 2011
    Vienna, VA
    He did save a touchdown today by tackling Gore at the 1. They scored the next play but he could have given up.

Anybody remember when he pretty much held Fitzgerald in check? He is made to play press. Not zone like they played most of today.

22. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    I miss Jamar Fletcher.

23. 2socks

Nov 27, 2008
    Atlanta
    True but we all thought that Smith was going to be the leader that this defense so badly needs. Our Ray Lewis to speak. Taking plays off and not putting forth effort every play is not good for our team. We need winners and leaders to get over this funk we slipped in about 13 years ago......when our leader retired

djphinfan likes this.
  24. dolfan32323

dolfan32323 ty xphinfanx

Nov 27, 2007
    Washington DC
    Reggie Howard too?

But back to 2012: Just look at who is behind Smith on the depth chart. Carroll, Marshall, Wilson, Stanford? Holy **** is that an awful group of CBs.

25. Rocky Raccoon

Rocky Raccoon Greasepaint Ghost Staff Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Jersey
    Sean Smith gets way too much **** from fans. Is he great? No, but he's good enough. I don't understand why people put him under a microscope with every play. That one TD against the Seahawks people literally spent days debating whether or not it was his fault.

He's a solid but not spectacular CB right now. I'll tell you this though, thankfully he's there because no other CB's have been worth much of anything yet.

ToddPhin likes this.
  26. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    I've seen worse cornerbacks than Sean Smith. He has his quirks but he's solid overall. He does go through the motions but that's been his entire football career, really. Moreover, if you honestly consider that the majority of NFL cornerbacks are inconsistent due to the nature of the position, which is true, t makes some sense why Smith has his ups-and-downs.

ToddPhin and Bpk like this.
  27. Anonymous

Anonymous Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Jul 5, 2009
    I honestly don't think Carrol and Smith have been that bad this season. It's the other corners that have struggled.

Rocky Raccoon likes this.
  28. Bpk

But he thinks he is better than he is.... And that may cause problems when it comes to re-signing him this offseason.

29. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    The market will always make him better than he is. That's economics.

30. Unlucky 13

Unlucky 13 Team Raheem Club Member

Apr 24, 2012
    Troy, Virginia
    Smith is a #2 corner. The problem is that not only has he been thrust into the role of our #1, but once we lost Marshall (also a #2), we were left with him and a bunch of guys who struggle to play as a nickle defender. Honestly, Carroll and Wilson would have been picked on by other teams if they were our #4 and 5 DBs, as they were going into camp. Its difficult to tell how well Smith is really playing this season, because if he just does even an adequate job on his man, the other team just goes after the terrible coverage the lesser players are giving, not to mention the liabilities that we have at safety and OLB.

However, despite Smith's issues, we almost have to resign him this offseason unless his demands are through the roof. Where would we be with Carroll and Wilson as our starters? 400 yards a game given up? There arent a lot of attractive options on the free agent market unless someone gets released. In fact, Smith looks like the #1 player at his position. There also doesnt look to be a guy worth drafting in the top half of the first round who can step right in and take over.

BlameItOnTheHenne likes this.