Sean Smith: Jason Taylor is NOT Retiring!

56 replies

CallMeDaddyCallMeDaddyNew MemberOP
Dec 28, 2011, 08:02 PM

JT is not retiring!!! Lol yall heard it here 1st]

Via Twitter:
https://twitter.com/#!/SeanSMITH4/status/152189798273134593

Vengeful OdinVengeful OdinForum Veteran
Dec 28, 2011, 08:16 PM

I think Smith is trolling for responses to his Twitter ... I don't he is serious.

CallMeDaddyCallMeDaddyNew Member
Dec 28, 2011, 08:18 PM

"Vengeful Odin wrote:

I think Smith is trolling for responses to his Twitter ... I don't he is serious.

You very well could be right, I just don't understand why he would joke around about something like this.

MikeHonchoMikeHonchoSupporter
Dec 28, 2011, 08:21 PM

"CallMeDaddy wrote:

You very well could be right, I just don't understand why he would joke around about something like this.

I just don't understand how he can get riled up about a WR dropping a pass or a ball being overthrown after he blew his coverage.

Headcoach material wouldn’t want to work somewhere they’re not trusted with actual football decisions.

CallMeDaddyCallMeDaddyNew Member
Dec 28, 2011, 08:23 PM

"lmeister3 wrote:

I just don't understand how he can get riled up about a WR dropping a pass or a ball being overthrown after he blew his coverage.

Because he's a bad corner and he'll take what he can get.

DesidesDesidesForum Veteran
Dec 28, 2011, 08:23 PM

Not retiring? So then he must be graduating from Seau University. :shifty:

@desides01

"Not you." — Tywin Lannister

GARDENHEADGARDENHEADSupporter
Dec 28, 2011, 10:04 PM

Sean Smith is immature. It is well-documented.

Tanking is like taking a Greyhound bus cross-country. Sure, it may eventually get you where you want to go, but it’s messy and unpleasant and uncomfortable, it stinks, the entire time you’ll be wishing you weren’t there, and not everybody along for the ride is going to make it to the end. - Quote stolen from Deadspin

dolfan32323dolfan32323New Member
Dec 28, 2011, 10:11 PM

I think he's just kidding with JT and expressing his desire for him to come back.... maybe?

MuckMuckRetired Admin
Dec 28, 2011, 10:35 PM

Benign twitter posts become referendums on a man's character.

The internets are serious business.

Make the throwback uniforms permanent!

MikeHonchoMikeHonchoSupporter
Dec 28, 2011, 10:36 PM

"Muck wrote:

Benign twitter posts become referendums on a man's character.

The internets are serious business.

What? I'm judging based on his ****ty play.

Headcoach material wouldn’t want to work somewhere they’re not trusted with actual football decisions.

CallMeDaddyCallMeDaddyNew Member
Dec 28, 2011, 10:38 PM

"Muck wrote:

Benign twitter posts become referendums on a man's character.

The internets are serious business.

I don't think you have to look at Sean Smith's twitter to see why people question his character.

MuckMuckRetired Admin
Dec 28, 2011, 11:31 PM

"CallMeDaddy wrote:

I don't think you have to look at Sean Smith's twitter to see why people question his character.

And yet it comes up in a thread about a light-hearted twitter post.

Make the throwback uniforms permanent!

MuckMuckRetired Admin
Dec 28, 2011, 11:33 PM

"lmeister3 wrote:

What? I'm judging based on his ****ty play.

I wasn't quoting you.

Make the throwback uniforms permanent!

smahtazsmahtazForum Veteran
Dec 28, 2011, 11:35 PM

"CallMeDaddy wrote:

I don't think you have to look at Sean Smith's twitter to see why people question his character.

I know what you mean. He's obviously the next Pacman Jones.



It's what you learn after you know it all that counts. ~ John Wooden

padre31padre31Luxury Box
Dec 28, 2011, 11:36 PM

"Muck wrote:

Benign twitter posts become referendums on a man's character.

The internets are serious business.

This one qualifies for a "Don't hit send" award..:lol:

The rest of the defense had been pranking SS on twitter saying he would have a trivia contest on twitter and the winner would receive a meal for 2 at Prime 112(?), I suspect he was trying to hit back..in a rather ill conceived manner...Sean..buddy..Don't Hit Send.

CallMeDaddyCallMeDaddyNew Member
Dec 28, 2011, 11:38 PM

"Muck wrote:

And yet it comes up in a thread about a light-hearted twitter post.

Well I can't stop people from posting asinine comments.

CallMeDaddyCallMeDaddyNew Member
Dec 28, 2011, 11:40 PM

"smahtaz wrote:

I know what you mean. He's obviously the next Pacman Jones.

I don't think Smith is all that bad, from what I've seen from him he's been just fine (talking about his personality). Just needs to learn how to tackle.

KillerphinsKillerphinsNew Member
Dec 29, 2011, 12:02 AM

"CallMeDaddy wrote:

Because he's a bad corner and he'll take what he can get.

Reggie Howard was a bad corner.....
Sean Smith is miles above that guy.

Edit: I forgot to call you Daddy...... Welcome

CallMeDaddyCallMeDaddyNew Member
Dec 29, 2011, 12:09 AM

"Killerphins wrote:

Reggie Howard was a bad corner.....
Sean Smith is miles above that guy.

I agree, still annoying that Reggie Howard doesn't even play in the nfl anymore but still has 3 more interceptions than Sean Smith, but he has played longer but in reserved role.

I think Sean is a promising corner and he guards the long passes and the slant routes pretty well but the guy has to learn how to stop a damn comeback route and swing his hips or he's going to keep getting killed on his side of the ball.

Honestly I think he would be better at safety than at corner.

CallMeDaddyCallMeDaddyNew Member
Dec 29, 2011, 12:19 AM

"Killerphins wrote:


Edit: I forgot to call you Daddy...... Welcome

thanks?

KillerphinsKillerphinsNew Member
Dec 29, 2011, 12:23 AM

"CallMeDaddy wrote:

I agree, still annoying that Reggie Howard doesn't even play in the nfl anymore but still has 3 more interceptions than Sean Smith, but he has played longer but in reserved role.

I think Sean is a promising corner and he guards the long passes and the slant routes pretty well but the guy has to learn how to stop a damn comeback route and swing his hips or he's going to keep getting killed on his side of the ball.

Honestly I think he would be better at safety than at corner.

Smith has length so of course he does those things. His hips have been discussed ad nauseam.
Even Madison thinks he should get some cheddar.LOL

CallMeDaddyCallMeDaddyNew Member
Dec 29, 2011, 12:33 AM

"Killerphins wrote:

Smith has length so of course he does those things. His hips have been discussed ad nauseam.
Even Madison thinks he should get some cheddar.LOL

lol, but i think if Sean Smith can get those things corrected or at least adjust to them, he could be a lock down corner. Nnamdi Asomugha makes me think of what an adjusted Sean Smith could look like, Aso made the adjustment from safety and used his height and strength to his advantage and is a top corner in the NFL. Don't think I'm expecting Smith to become Asomugha but I think Smith has the potential to be that kind of player.

padre31padre31Luxury Box
Dec 29, 2011, 01:12 AM

"CallMeDaddy wrote:

I agree, still annoying that Reggie Howard doesn't even play in the nfl anymore but still has 3 more interceptions than Sean Smith, but he has played longer but in reserved role.

I think Sean is a promising corner and he guards the long passes and the slant routes pretty well but the guy has to learn how to stop a damn comeback route and swing his hips or he's going to keep getting killed on his side of the ball.

Honestly I think he would be better at safety than at corner.

I agree, SS would probably make a better Free Safety hen Corner, and it would give us an answer to Te's.

Bring on the new Staff already.

djphinfandjphinfanSupporter
Dec 29, 2011, 01:36 AM

"lmeister3 wrote:

I just don't understand how he can get riled up about a WR dropping a pass or a ball being overthrown after he blew his coverage.

lol..what is wrong with that boy...dude needs a swagger check, cause his is all fu^%ed up in the head...

djphinfandjphinfanSupporter
Dec 29, 2011, 01:42 AM

"CallMeDaddy wrote:

lol, but i think if Sean Smith can get those things corrected or at least adjust to them, he could be a lock down corner. Nnamdi Asomugha makes me think of what an adjusted Sean Smith could look like, Aso made the adjustment from safety and used his height and strength to his advantage and is a top corner in the NFL. Don't think I'm expecting Smith to become Asomugha but I think Smith has the potential to be that kind of player.

I said this a long time ago, but I don't believe he has enough quick twitch to become elite there..