1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Seahawks DE Bennett Rips Tannehill + 'Mediocre QB's', Contract

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by shamegame13, Aug 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boik14

Boik14 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    Maybe having used the playbook in college for a few years is an advantage that other QBS don't get. You know what's a bigger disadvantage? Spending 2 years at another position and missing countless hours of game reps. Bill Parcells once theorized that college QBS should have at least 30 college starts before they are considered pro ready and his evaluation held true not only for QB's he selected but for other QB's as well. Those QB's not coming in to the league with that experience are going to take longer.

Tannehill finished the 2nd half of last year with over 250 ypg average and 15/7 td to int. When this team was getting wrecked by injuries and getting wrecked on the ground giving up 300 yards to the Jets and over 180 over the last 6 games, Tannehill was the sole reason the Dolphins remained competitive down the stretch. He showed me that he is a franchise QB who can elevate teammates. He showed me he is a franchise QB who can help cover up the teams deficiencies and throw a team on his back. I have him listed as the 10th best in the league right now but I think he will be higher on that list by seasons end. He is close to joining the elite.

There are few QB's more accurate particularly on short and intermediate passes. And another poster pointed out in a thread earlier this week that his deep ball inaccuracy had been due to to his mechanics on deep passes causing line drives instead of the right amount of touch on the ball. I suspect that will be rectified this year. With an improved receiver core and a better pass catching TE (albeit a bigger injury risk) 4500 yards and 30-35 TD is certainly attainable and a modest increase over last season

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.