1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[Scrubs] Season 9 Discussion

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by B.Sebo, Dec 1, 2009.

1. B.Sebo

B.Sebo TV Mastermind

Dec 16, 2007
    West Arkansas
    So believe it or not, the ninth season of Scrubs starts tonight. I say season nine because it is officially the ninth season even though it is to be considered a new show.

Personally I am excited to see the two episodes tonight, the advanced reviews have been great.

[​IMG]

dolfan7171 likes this.
  2. 2k5

2k5 I miss Ted Ginn Jr.

Nov 28, 2007
    Milwaukee, WI
    Two episodes? Awesome. I'll watch them later tonight and be back :jt0323:

3. JimToss

JimToss Thank You Chad Pennington

Oct 11, 2009
    Delaware
    Definitely a lot different, but overall pretty funny.

That Lucy character is pretty lame/unlikable, but I certainly like #1.

4. Clark Kent

Clark Kent Fighter of the Nightman

May 9, 2008
    Scrubs had an amazing finale and should of left on a high note, especially considering how badly the show has declined since S6 finished.

That said, I watched both and while there was a few good moments, the show is kinda lame. The Janitor's scene sucked too. I wish he went out a little more zany. I like the new Female lead alright though, although she's basically going through everything JD already went through. It's retreading old territory.

5. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    It feels like a spinoff, I liked it though.

I'd hit it.

6. sking29

sking29 What it takes to be cool

Dec 9, 2007
    East Tennessee
    Overall the use of old characters kept me in it but to be honest I don't see the show being much of a success. The reason being that if it goes away from old characters quite a few old fans will probably leave and the new characters don't have the same attention grabbing ability the old ones had to keep old fans around or get new fans. To be honest I can't even remember any of the new characters names after 2 episodes (Lucy only because of this thread). Of course as long as JD, Turk, and Dr. Cox are around I will keep watching and see what happens but I still absolutely hate the Denise character.

I guess I'll have to wait see but overall the two episodes had their moments (all with older characters for me). Also it just doesn't feel right yet without the Janitor and Carla.

C grade for me but I was expecting so much worse. Solid showing.

7. xDOLPHINSx

xDOLPHINSx Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Minnesota
    I miss old scrubs :(

dolfan7171, sking29 and 2k5 like this.
  8. B.Sebo

B.Sebo TV Mastermind

Dec 16, 2007
    West Arkansas
    I've got to say, I like it. The things I like are . . .

- More Denise, I loved her last season and I am glad to see her fleshed out a little more and to take chances to open up.

- Two of the med students. I really started to like Lucy by the end of the second episode. She is just so sweet and naive that it is just really endearing to me. My favorite though has to be Drew, I don't know who the actor his who plays him, but gosh darn it if everytime he was on screen, he stole the scene.

- Dr. Cox was amazing as always, enough said.

Now to things I did not like . . .

- Cole. What a shallow excuse for a main character. You know what, I am glad we did not see a lot of him because his douchey guy routine got on my nerve about one second after he got on screen. One of the things that made J.D., Turk, and Elliott so endearing in season 1 was that they were not douches and you could care about them. I just cannot see myself liking him.

- J.D. suddenly being needy for Cox again. I loved how Cox even said "I thought we were past this." I mean come on, I really looked forward to seeing their relationship evolve into more of a friendship (getting closer to what Cox had with Ben before he died).

All in all, I really enjoyed the episodes and found myself wanting to see more. Denise, Drew, and Lucy were all great . . . we just need to fix Cole.

And as a quick note to all you naysayers right now, I would just like to point out how long it took for the original show to find its feet. Give this show some time to find its legs, I doubt you will be disappointed.

9. 2k5

2k5 I miss Ted Ginn Jr.

Nov 28, 2007
    Milwaukee, WI
    Definitely had it's highs and lows. I hated Denise after last season, but I actually kind of liked her in these two episodes. #1 has been great, Australian chick was funny. I don't think I'll be able to stick around with Lucy unless she gets a lot better. She's cute, but I didn't think she did anything funny at all. Definitely will have to see some improvement there. I dislike Cole, but the wingmom part was pretty funny. I don't know, I'll definitely give it a chance, and I enjoyed the shows, but I just don't know if it will work with out JD, he really makes the show.

10. Jt0323

Jt0323 Fins Up! Luxury Box

Dec 7, 2007
    Las Vegas
    i agree, hated her last season, growing on me this one. #1 is my favorite character so far out of the new ones, i thought it was pretty good considering. I don't like James Franco's brother though.

11. sking29

sking29 What it takes to be cool

Dec 9, 2007
    East Tennessee
    I do too but we have to let it go lol. "The Andy Griffith Show' had "Mayberry RFD", "Sanford and Son" had "Sanford", and now "Scrubs" has "Scrubs:Med School."

The only hope is that "Scrubs:Med School" may not be awful (like Sanford just mediocre).

12. Jt0323

Dec 7, 2007
    Las Vegas
    Dont forget All in the Family and Archie's Place!

sking29 likes this.
  13. FinSane

FinSane Cynical Dolphins Fan

Dec 1, 2007
    Melbourne, Fl
    Friends and Joey....er...nevermind...

sking29 likes this.
  14. B.Sebo

B.Sebo TV Mastermind

Dec 16, 2007
    West Arkansas
    I am still enjoying the new series. Tonights episode was very solid and again the standouts had to be Denise and Drew. I loved Denise last year with her hard exterior and I think that makes her all the more endearing now to see her get through that.

Drew continues to intrigue me and is just very compelling to watch on screen.

I also just can't help but like Lucy, I mean she is just such a strange mix of a confidence and a complete train wreck. Look how she deals with Cole and then look at how she deals with school and you will see an interesting dichotomy.

As for the bad, I was very disappointed to see that J.D. is STILL acting like a kid around Cox, but I'm glad that Turk called him out on it ("your not that little kid anymore"). And Cole has got to get some development soon, man I hate that guy (maybe thats the point).

Overall though, another solid funny episode.

Frumundah Finnatic likes this.
  15. Jt0323

Dec 7, 2007
    Las Vegas
    in this week episode where was a moment where Drew was a spitting image of a younger Dr. Cox