1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scouts Talk About Ohio State Stars

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by alen1, Nov 19, 2008.

1. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    On Chris Wells:

On Laurinaitis

And the rest is here. They talk about Alex Boone, Brian Robiskie, and a tidbit on Malcolm Jenkins.

Underneath Well's picture, there are links that includes other scouts opinions on Freeman, Wells, Boeckman, Robiskie, Boone and Laurinaitis.

Fin-Omenal and BuckeyeKing like this.
  2. Boomer

Boomer Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 30, 2007
    Sheesh. Rang sold out on Laurinitis. Should have come out last year for me. I don't see him as a MLB at the next level because he has trouble getting off blocks and he doesn't always attack the football at pace. Absolute microcosm of what I'm talking about occured in the first quarter against Illinois a week ago, where he decides not to take on a guard, waits for him to pass rather than attacking him and sees the ball carrier go straight pass him. He looked slower than molasses.

I'm told that Joe Pawelek is going to declare and to me, he's a much more low profile player who won't show up as much when they're chatting on ESPN, but will do much more in a game than Laurinitis and get half the credit.

Fin-Omenal and alen1 like this.
  3. joeydolfan

joeydolfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Apr 26, 2008
    Ft. Worth
    I still have to thing the head office is looking at Alex Boone and considering him in next years draft to take over the RT spot. He has the size they look for, is basically a 4 year starter with long arms. Not sure about his strength numbers as I have not seen them, but still, I would not be surprised to see us take him in the 2nd round if he falls to us.

4. BuckeyeKing

BuckeyeKing Wolves DYNASTY!!!!

Dec 6, 2007
    Boone is a senior and we need to stay the hell away from him.

The guy is a clown and has 0 motor. Never truly finishes plays. Huge disappointment IMO.

5. joeydolfan

Apr 26, 2008
    Ft. Worth
    Pretty strong words from a Buckeyes fan. How could he have been a 4 year starter with 0 motor? Not saying you are wrong, just asking?

6. BuckeyeKing

Dec 6, 2007

Lack of great Oline talent. Lack of good Oline recruits. Last year Boone was very serviceable because his best friend Kirk Barton drove him, Barton was the heart and soul of the Ohio ST line and held it together. Boone is to much of a goof to be a leader. The guy is always the last one to congratulate Beanie or Pryor on a run. He hardly hustles and there were times when Beanie would come in for a rest some of the Oline would take the play off. Boone's mean streak is there but not all the time. I dunno I'm very disappointed in Boone.

Ohio St got some great Linemen from last year and should be adding a few more with the upcoming class.

7. joeydolfan

Apr 26, 2008
    Ft. Worth
    Guess in your mind it was a good thing for us to re sign Barton to the practice squad after releasing him a few weeks ago then?

8. BuckeyeKing

Dec 6, 2007
    Is that what happened? Did we resign Barton to the practice squad????

9. joeydolfan

Apr 26, 2008
    Ft. Worth
    Last time I looked even after we released him and some other team claimed him we picked him up off waivers and placed him on the practice squad.

KFFL - Kirk Barton, OL, Miami Dolphins

BuckeyeKing likes this.
  10. BuckeyeKing

Dec 6, 2007
    Freaking awesome!!! I didn't hear that!

joeydolfan likes this.