scouting report: Miami Dolphins - Projected 2010 finish: 9-7 - third AFCE

12 replies

cobrajetcobrajetNew MemberOP
Jul 10, 2010, 09:58 PM

Like I said before - there is a lots of fruity stuff on the wires right now.

http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/blog/2010/07/early_scouting_report_miami_dolphins_1.html

Is this a fantasy or a sobering reality??

FIFinsAreLifeNew Member
Jul 10, 2010, 10:01 PM

I think we're capable of better but i wouldnt be totally surprised if this was the end result. That being said, it's all irrelevant seeing as there are still 16 games to play.

cobrajetcobrajetNew Member
Jul 10, 2010, 10:07 PM

"FinsAreLife wrote:

I think we're capable of better but i wouldnt be totally surprised if this was the end result. That being said, it's all irrelevant seeing as there are still 16 games to play.

I couldn't agree more, suddenly everyone is pretending to be Yoda :lol:

cobrajetcobrajetNew Member
Jul 10, 2010, 10:11 PM

"cobrajet wrote:

I couldn't agree more, suddenly everyone is pretending to be Yoda :lol:

Yoda?! hehehe, Cobra, yer such a jerk. But you are damn funny

:knucks:

KillerphinsKillerphinsNew Member
Jul 10, 2010, 10:15 PM

"cobrajet wrote:

I couldn't agree more, suddenly everyone is pretending to be Yoda :lol:

Status quo really. Everyone with a pulse will try to call who does what this season but the bottom line is it really don't matter who says what. I ignore all that and wait for it to play out from the edge of my seat even if it's still July.

cobrajetcobrajetNew Member
Jul 10, 2010, 10:16 PM

I guess the fans are just as bored as the newspaper editors. Damn, when is camp going to start??

Larry LittleLarry LittleSupporter
Jul 10, 2010, 10:33 PM

These mid-July prediction articles would be irrelevant... if there was anything else to talk about.

The thing you have to remember about critics is that they can't do it themselves. - John Cleese

SESeanPSupporter
Jul 11, 2010, 12:57 PM

The problem with ratings like these is that they can only really take our offense into account.

No one has ANY idea how our defense is going to play this year. It could range anywhere from top 10 to last. It was overhauled that much.

Thats why I think that anyone trying to gauge the Miami Dolphins for 2010 really is just throwing darts.

Coral ReeferCoral ReeferNew Member
Jul 11, 2010, 01:01 PM

"FinsAreLife wrote:

I think we're capable of better but i wouldnt be totally surprised if this was the end result. That being said, it's all irrelevant seeing as there are still 16 games to play.

Exactly.

We are still not a team with a lot of proven commodities on the roster.
There are a lot of players that need to show progression on the field for us to really be a contender. The biggest of which is our QB Chad Henne, not to mention our entire secondary and LB core. If these young players take the next step were in great shape, if they don't then were nothing more than an avg. team.

RIP Jetssuck

bbqpitloverbbqpitloverForum Veteran
Jul 11, 2010, 01:12 PM

So the Ravens under estimate Miami, who's next to do so ? Who gives a flying crap what the Ravens scouting report is, the season needs to be played and won or lost on the field.
Here is my scouting report for Baltimore. You have Cam Cameron and John Beck, so there fore you suck and will finish 4-12 there eat those apples.

rafaelrafaelForum Veteran
Jul 11, 2010, 01:40 PM

"SeanP wrote:

The problem with ratings like these is that they can only really take our offense into account.

No one has ANY idea how our defense is going to play this year. It could range anywhere from top 10 to last. It was overhauled that much.

Thats why I think that anyone trying to gauge the Miami Dolphins for 2010 really is just throwing darts.

I think that's a good point. Most superficial analysis like the one in this article isn't going to look into what the defense will/may/could be. They most likely just look at last year's record, make a judgement whether the additions or the subtractions are better and then add or subtract a few wins to reflect that judgment.

mrozmrozSupporter
Jul 11, 2010, 02:22 PM

imo the holes in our defense will be exposed through out the year and we are going to lose games because of that. I think 9-7 is reasonable. You figure you are one game from either being 8-8 or 10-6...

As for our defense, the fact that we do not have a starting FS on this team is alarming to me especially after the way the back half of the secondary played last year. I am also very concerned about our LB corp in general. I am not a fan of Crowder, we are going to be converting a rookie to play OLB so god know how that is going to turn out. THe other OLB position is a huge ?

I just dont see us winning 10 games with that defense....

RIP CHP Officer Kirk Griess ID#15810
EOW 8/10/18

PhinsRockPhinsRockLuxury Box
Jul 11, 2010, 02:40 PM

I am not a prophet, so I'll reserve projections until we play the games.

But this time of the year, this stuff is golden, so badly want TC to start!

2011 & 2006 World Champions, 2013 National League Champions; St. Louis Cardinals!