1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Schedule Strength - Remaining games

Discussion in 'AFC East Rivals' started by BicketyBam, Oct 25, 2010.

1. BicketyBam

BicketyBam No Fist Pumps Allowed

Sep 6, 2010
    New Milford, CT
    After this Sunday, here is who the 3 AFCE teams have played:

Miami Dolphins
    @BUFF
    @MIN
    NY
    NE
    @GB
    PIT
    @CIN

New York Jets
    BAL
    NE
    @MIA
    @BUF
    MIN
    @DEN
    GB

New England
    CIN
    @NY
    BUF
    @MIA
    BAL
    @SD
    MIN

I think the Miami will had the toughest 7 opponents (factoring in home and away), but I wouldn't call NY's schedule much easier. The two games that differ is Miami had PIT and CIN and NY will have had BAL and DEN. I think CIN and DEN are about equal. I would say PIT is better than BAL, even though BAL beat them (minus Rothlisberger). New England schedule is pretty close in strength as well.

Here is what is left after next week:

Miami: @BAL, TEN, CHI, @OAK, CLE, @NY, BUF, DET, @NE
    New York: @DET, @CLE, HOU, CIN, @NE, MIA, @PIT, @CHI, BUF
    New England: @CLE, @PIT, IND, @DET, NY, @CHI, GB, @BUF, MIA

I think Miami will beat CIN this weekend and I also think NE will beat MIN. I am really unsure about the Jets. I had the game as a loss at the beginning of the year so I will stick with that for now. So...

Miami 4-3
    NY 5-2
    NE 6-1

Without predicting the common games with each other, here is what I come up with:

Miami: 10-4 (loss to Baltimore)
    NE: 11-3 (losses to IND and PIT)
    NY: 11-3 (loss to PIT)

I think the AFCE is the best division in football. I believe it is all going to come down to the last games betweens NE, NY and MIA.

With all this being said, I would not be shocked if NY went out and blew a game or two to CLE, CHI, HOU or BUF (even though I think BUF will be mentally checked out by that point). I still have little faith in my team....too many years of seeing them blow games they should win.

Do you think it is a fair assessment that I have Miami losing one more game outside of the NY and NE games? For the record, I think you can beat BAL, but if I had to pick one more loss for your team, that would be the game. The only other team I can see beating NE is GB, but NE is home and I just have a hard time picking against them. I'm praying IND and PIT can get the job done, otherwise they are winning the division.

MarinePhinFan, MikeHoncho and SICK like this.
  2. Dolphins1Beatles

Dolphins1Beatles Ziggy Stardust

Oct 9, 2009
    New York
    This could get interesting. Dolphins losses all came to the only 3 5-1 teams. One loss was to the ref [yes they should've scored a TD after one of those fumbles, but they still had the lead at that point.] and the Jets game went down to the wire with the Dolphins at the goal-line with a chance to tie it. And the Pats game of course was a special teams meltdown.

So...we'll see what the Dolphins do now against "weaker" opponents.[Is that even true in 2010?] Ravens are scary, but beatable. Ravens and Titans are the most important besides divisional games. It could all come down to tiebreakers in the end, whether it's division or wild card.

3. BlameItOnTheHenne

BlameItOnTheHenne Taking a poop

Aug 15, 2010
    Davie
    Miami has this in the [​IMG]

4. PhiNomina

PhiNomina White-Collar Redneck

Dec 21, 2007
    Cleveland, OH
    While the Phins have a lot of winnable games left, they have to go 7-3 from here out just to end up at 10-6 this year. That is with road games in New England and New York left - as well as games with Baltimore and Tennessee.

I don't want to give up hope, but NE and NYJ have a fast track for not only the division, but the WC as well.

5. Pagan

Pagan Metal & a Mustang

Mar 22, 2008
    Newburgh, NY
    Boy, you went from originally picking a split with the Phins to now sweeping them, huh? :wink2:

6. BicketyBam

BicketyBam No Fist Pumps Allowed

Sep 6, 2010
    New Milford, CT
    Me? No I didn't. I didn't predict the second Miami or NE game.

sent from my EVO 4G

7. MarinePhinFan

MarinePhinFan Banned

Oct 11, 2010

Every week is a must win and every game in the NFL is a game that could go either way. The parity this season is greater than any I can remember.

However, I think there are a few teams in each division that are going to most likely be playoff teams:

Steelers
    Ravens- WC
    Jets
    Pats- WC
    Colts
    KC

May squeek in:

Texans
    Dolphins
    Titans

But really, who in the hell knows this year? The Pats could lose to Miami, Jets, Minny, GB and Pit. That would make them 10-6 and possibly miss the WC. The Ravens looked bad yesterday and if the Browns can beat them??!! The Colts have lost a step. Even the Jests could go on a losing streak!

Anyhow, there is a lot of football left and I will keep hope alive until we're eliminated! :up:

8. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    Indeed.

/Drinks some more.