1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SB predictions

Discussion in 'Other NFL' started by BlameItOnTheHenne, Jan 4, 2012.

1. PSG

PSG Clear Eyes. Full Hearts.

Nov 24, 2007
    North of the Border
    I think this is going to be one of those classic FU Belichick/Brady games.
    They seem to get off over perceived slight or when their pissed about something. And they will be pissed about the Giants ruining the perfect season.
    I hate to even think/type this but:

New England - 41
    NY Giants - 21

2. Boik14

Boik14 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    LOL, had forgotten about that. But yeah I guess I like to be redundant...is that cool? :tongue:

Eh, people forget that the NYG held NE to 3 points over the first 3 quarters of their game earlier this year before the 4th turned in to a shootout and the NYG eventually won in a game with no Hakeem Nicks, Tuck playing hurt at a much lower level then what hes playing at now and without Prince Amukamura who has been pretty good since he came back from his injuries which caused him to miss half the year including the Pats game.

Two other key points about this game:
    1. Antrel Rolle played some LB this year in some situations earlier this year when Boley missed time, before Jacquain Williams emerged, and the NYG were short at the position. I think we may see him in some nickel packages matched up on Aaron Hernandez with Deon Grant and Kenny Phillips as the safeties. Its an interesting defensive package if you think about it as Rolle has experience as a CB and imo is best suited as a cover 2 zone CB so youre basically putting a hybrid DB on a hybrid TE/H-back. The NYG did this very effectively in stretches earlier as Hernandez only had 2 catches in that first meeting. The question is what to do with Gronkowski...
    2. Which leads me to the second point I wanted to make. The NYG have faced in the last 5 games...Dustin Keller, Jason Whitten, Tony Gonzalez, Jermichael Finley and Vernon Davis. None of them have done anything at all when lined up at TE. Davis had 2 TD's but both came split out wide as a WR and those were his only 2 catches all game. The NYG have done a great job jaming TE's and treating them as a WR during that stretch and by not allowing the free release its messing up timing. The NYG during that time have had Williams, Chase Blackburn and Boley healthy and playing well in coverage for the first time all year as a group. Boley was the player burnt on both Davis TD's I believe but Rob Gronkowski doesnt have 4.4 speed like Davis does.

Things to watch....NYG win those matchups and they will win this game running away. NE wins those matchups and they will keep it close. Truly do not have a clue how Vegas has NE as favorites unless idiot betters are looking at trends and not momentum which NYG clearly has.

Also last 4 teams that beat the Falcons in the playoffs all made the SB have all made the SB and the last 2 have won with the NYG's fate to be determined Sunday. Arizona, New Orleans, GB and now NYG....eat that trend Vegas.

3. Boik14

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    Oh, and one more thing....

LET'S GO GIANTS!

4. Jt0323

Jt0323 Fins Up! Luxury Box

Dec 7, 2007
    Las Vegas
    You and TO would have a lot in common if you did...

I picked Giants to win when they beat the cowboys. I told my dad I wanted to put money on them to win the super bowl after that game. They were about 18 to 1 at that point, I had to go to a benefit dinner in folsom that weekend game against the falcons and forgot to make the bet. Giants win, I get back and now I decided i need to make the bet. I put down only 20 on them to win at 12 to 1, kind of wished I bet more now, because I honestly believed the Giants would win. Decided to put 100 extra on the giants, and also put some money on the Giants and the Under, so GO GIANTS!

Boik14 likes this.
  5. Paul 13

Paul 13 Chaotic Neutral & Unstable Genius Staff Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Don't want them to win, but something tells me they will...Pats... :pity:.... apparently a lot of money was placed on the Giants to win the SB when they were 6-6. So Vegas as fooked if the Giants win. The game will be rigged for the Pats (when isn't it?). Although there is precedence... with the Cardinals last year in MLB. Similar story... they were out of the race but somehow pulled it out. There is hope... doubt it.

6. BuckeyeKing

BuckeyeKing Wolves DYNASTY!!!!

Dec 6, 2007
    Giants. They actually have a defense.

7. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    What'll be interesting to see is how much the Giants 2-gap this Sunday. They did it quite a bit in week 9 matchup.

8. firedan

firedan Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2008
    palm beach county fl
    The Giants have ran a tougher gaunlet IMHO so I would lean toward them but then again last time these two met I woulda bet the farm on NE .Giants 27 NE 24.l

9. Boik14

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    So close.

When is Brady's DNA test? Pretty sure Eli is his daddy!

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Jul 5, 2009
    Exactly one month ago! So proud of myself!

Boik14 and The_Dark_Knight like this.
  11. The_Dark_Knight

The_Dark_Knight Defender of the Truth

Nov 24, 2007
    Rockledge, FL
    You and Anonymous were the only ones who openly predicted the Giants over the Patriots, but your prediction....SCAREY accurate!!!

Hope you made a TON of money with that prediction. :up:

12. Boik14

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    I don't bet sports anymore. I've learned not to bet on things I have no control over the outcome unless its in small amounts. I did reasonably well when I used to do it regularly but I figured I should quit before I get addicted to it. I have that kind of personality lol.

I should really call out sick and treat myself to the parade tomorrow instead :)

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Jul 5, 2009
    Yea, I don't bet either. Honestly, I don't know why I picked that Superbowl. There was no logic behind it.