1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

San Diego QB Josh Johnson.

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by ATVZ400, Mar 24, 2008.

1. ATVZ400

ATVZ400 Senior Member

Mar 22, 2008
    parts unknown, NJ
    The Patriots recently sent a high ranking club official to privately work out San Diego QB Josh Johnson.

More likely than not, this is New England doing its due diligence, although it wouldn't be a surprise if the Pats snatched a quarterback in the draft. They don't seem absolutely sold on Matt Cassel as Tom Brady's long-term backup.
    Source: Boston Globe

2. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Darn Patriots......just cant stand that team.

3. ATVZ400

ATVZ400 Senior Member

Mar 22, 2008
    parts unknown, NJ
    UPDATE

The New York Times suggests the Patriots are looking at San Diego QB Josh Johnson as a wide receiver.

New England recently hosted him for a workout. The Pats love versatile players and could view Johnson, who was timed as fast as 4.44 at the Combine, as a slash-type player. He certainly wouldn't play QB for them.
    Source: New York Times
    http://www.rotoworld.com/content/home_NFL.aspx

4. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Eh..... wonder if he would be up for that?

5. gafinfan

gafinfan gunner Club Member

I can see Bill doing this but I sure like the way this guy plays QB. He is a QB who runs but never out of panic. Not once did I see him panic in all the film I was able to watch of him, which wasn't alot, but he backed that up with a great Shrine game. Would love to see us take him with our 4th rounder if he's still there. Also read where Atlanta is interested and he would be a great pick for them maybe with their 3rd/4th.

alen1 likes this.
  6. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    He could be Vick w/o the dog killing for ATL.