1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ryan's defense and the Jets.

Discussion in 'AFC East Rivals' started by Sceeto, Jan 23, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Sceeto

Sceeto Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2008
    New York
    http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/f...01-20_jets_raven_about_rex_ryans_defense.html

So what do you guys think? Can he turn chicken s--- into chicken salad? Personally, I think it was pretty good hire on their part, surprisingly. I'm not worried. I think we're building something special here and I wouldn't want it any other way. It should make for some fun match-ups in the future.

"I can go out and make as many plays as Ed Reed." That's a bold statement Mr. Rhodes.

2. 124

124 Banned

May 12, 2008
    What I'm glad to hear is Ryan is going to be calling the plays on Defense while Pettine is the DC and will probably coach the Linebackers as well.

3. RBrown23

RBrown23 Thanks GISH

Jan 21, 2009
    Maryland
    Ryan seems really cocky walking into NY. He better back up his talk or else all Hell will raise upon him. Jets fans were stoked with "Mangenious" hope the same doesnt happen to Ryan until proven. Not saying he wont be good, but dont come off as cocky.

Note to Rhodes, you will never be able to be mentioned in the same sentence as Reed. Not many other safeties that have played this game would. I want to see you break your own records of 100+ INT Returns then we will all listen.

Kanye West and Sceeto like this.
  4. NJFINSFAN1

NJFINSFAN1 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    Northwest New Jersey
    The Jets are far from Chicken salad on defense, they have some players. Do I expect the Ravens defense? NO, but they will be tougher.

Jenkins, Revis and Rhodes are very good players and I would expect Ryan to sign one of the Ravens Free Agent LBers.

5. Jaj

Jaj Registered

Mar 23, 2008
    Los Angeles
    They'll take major steps back on offense though, they'll lose Coles and Clemens will be so-so. A more consistent defense and subpar offense is what I expect.

6. Sethdaddy8

Sethdaddy8 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2007
    NJ
    a lot of bark. i like the way things are going down for the jets.

7. texanphinatic

texanphinatic Senior Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    Question for Jets fans. What is your reaction to a non playoff season next year? Will you accept a step back from Ryan? Or are you expecting him to take your team to the next level quickly?