1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ryan Tannehill Tier 3 according to ESPN

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by dirtylandry, Aug 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. danmarino

danmarino Tua is H1M! Club Member

Sep 4, 2014
    When?

Brady has won 4 SB's with 5th, 1st, 2nd, and 8th ranked defenses.

He has lost 2 SB's with 8th and 15th ranked defenses.

Brady, in all his years playing, has played with a defense ranked in the lower half of the league 2 times (17th both times). He won 10 games once (lost Div round in the playoffs) and 9 games once (failed to make the playoffs).

Everyone knows that the Pats run via short, high percentage passes. And even when they do actually run the ball they do it very well.

Fin D, cuchulainn and resnor like this.
  2. Finster

Finster Finsterious Finologist

Jul 27, 2013
    And there it is, how dare someone have a differing opinion.

Case closed.

dolphin25 likes this.
  3. dolphin25

dolphin25 Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2014
    They cant think for a minute that those arguments might just be valid. Can't understand how all the NFL experts do not list Tannehill any higher then middle of the road.

Rock Sexton and Finster like this.
  4. Rocky Raccoon

Rocky Raccoon Greasepaint Ghost Staff Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Jersey
    Jesus, this thread is a train wreck. Maybe it's time to shut her down.

Pauly, Shane Falco and DolphinGreg like this.
  5. resnor

resnor Derp Sherpa

Nov 25, 2007
    New Hampshire
    I noticed you disregarded the second part, that was actually the important part.

Coincidentally, its that exact type of response that has characterized your time here. You've not yet accepted my opinion, since it's different than yours. Yet, you go around acting like everyone should accept your opinion. Incredibly hypocritical.

6. resnor

resnor Derp Sherpa

Nov 25, 2007
    New Hampshire
    Isn't this response exactly what you're always complaining about with your claims that FinD misrepresents what you're saying.

I guess I'll put you back on ignore, since clearly you only want to troll me.

Fin D likes this.
  7. DolphinGreg

DolphinGreg Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 7, 2014
    I don't really understand the appeal of certain topics: Ginn, Wallace, Lazor, Philbin, Tannehill, etc. In a previous forum we termed them "lightning rods." They weren't even about football as much as they were fodder for the compulsive arguers who would log on every single day only to re-post the same points over and over again.

I mean, c'mon, there's only about 10 general statements that occur in these threads. It's like a fill-in-the-blank puzzle. Every point is a re-hashing of something already said countless times. Worse, it results in a circular argument. And then people get mad at each other.

How could you spit on me? You're classless!

I'm classless?! You spit on me first!

Well, that's only because you shoved me.

blah, blah, blah.

We've all done it. We all get it. It's addicting. It's hard not to take part.

But nevertheless it's just an addiction. You log on because you can't stop.

On a less preachy note, what I do realize now is that a lot of these previous "lightning rods" did turn out to be disappointments elsewhere. Ted Ginn never turned out to be anything special. Mike Wallace isn't so hot where he's at now. I'm confident that Philbin's name probably isn't going to come up even again until Luck wins a Super Bowl and even then no one's going to argue Philbin had **** to do with it, lol.

The real lesson in these arguments might be how a lot of these players and coaches who were so controversial wound up once the franchise moved on.

The truth is, controversy that lasts a year is understandable (i.e. Brady vs Bledsoe and all the other will he or won't he stories). Controversy that lasts longer than that might be evidence in and of itself. Maybe the truth is that Tannehill--in the best of situations, on the right team and with the right coaches--could've developed into something. Maybe by coming to Miami his career was destined for failure. Maybe 4 years in it's impossible for him to ascend to anything of real value?

It's something I think about a lot and it's certainly one reason I try not to insult the views of the cynics. Heck, they're probably right! There's a lot more guys who lose in the NFL than there are who win. I've also said recently that compared to some of the other position on the team, the QB position is starting to look like an area of strength and that's scary. Outside of Landry, Suh, Jones and hopefully Tunsil, I don't see a whole lot to hang my hat on. Maybe Ajayi and Parker work out as starters and maybe they're not franchise players. Maybe Grant is something special? Who knows?

I just hope this year is something we can stomach because I have a sinking feeling that maybe things could be real bad. Hopefully I'm wrong about that. Hopefully this franchise is turning the corner.

8. Finster

Finster Finsterious Finologist

Jul 27, 2013
    Lol, no, that's your same old schtick, I already addressed in this thread why it's an exercise in futility to debate with you, and here you've proved exactly that.

Life_is_precious likes this.
  9. Rock Sexton

Rock Sexton Anti-Homer

Mar 14, 2015
    LOL .... oh you mean a certain "Replacements" QB? :pointlol:

10. Silverphin

Silverphin Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Except it wasn't quite the same line. The only starter that Cousins and RGIII both had was Trent Williams.

resnor likes this.
  11. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    That's simply not true.

2013 (Foles magic year):
    Philly ran the ball 500 times (4th in the NFL)

Miami ran the ball 349 times (29th in the NFL)

2014:
    Miami ran the ball 399 times (22nd in the NFL)

2015:
    Miami ran the ball 344 times (32nd in the NFL)

This is my only post back to you. Stop responding to me per the mods.

12. resnor

resnor Derp Sherpa

Nov 25, 2007
    New Hampshire
    He wasn't on ignore when I replied to him. I took him off a couple weeks ago, but, he's back on.

I think you will be, too. What's your other username on here?

Shane Falco and Fin D like this.
  13. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    For the good of the board, I'm putting the follow posters on ignore:

Fin-O
    dolphin25
    Rock Sexton
    Finster
    Bignasty
    Life is precious

Going forward, I won't see what you guys post so have fun. If I don't see it, I won't get pulled into your guys' stupid bull**** anymore. I won't even see your responses to this.

14. Fin-O

Fin-O Initiated Club Member

Sep 28, 2015
    It doesn't work like that. You didn't end your reply with an insult and neither will I.

Philadephia had inflated rushing numbers because of Michael Vick and to a lesser degree Nick Foles. You have to look deeper than just seeing "4thin rushing attempts" I broke down the % of RB rushes and it showed that both teams rushed the ball at a pretty bad rate (33 to 38% roughly) and naturally PHI and Chip ran more plays with the uptempo offense.

That means if you breakdown the rush% of each team you won't find an alarming difference. Especially when you consider that a playoff team and division winner was likely running the ball late in games more than an 8-8 team.

Yes, Foles played unusually well and very much within a better system. But fact is on paper his surroundings were as unideal as Ryan's yet he played at an extremely high level and they won the division. Foles of course fizzled out, and that isn't because his surroundings caught up to him...but rather he just isn't a very good QB. But I'm sure you had some Phi fans clamoring that Nick was a product of X Y Z.

Ryan has had to live with unideal surroundings, this isn't CNN worthy. But it stops at that, he needs to improve his play personally or he will always be a product of his environment. And thats not what we should want to settle for in a franchise QB just because he is the 3rd best QB we have had here in 16 years.

The Miami Dolphins need to improve, Ryan Tannehill needs to improve. Bottom line.

15. Unlucky 13

Unlucky 13 Team Raheem Club Member

Apr 24, 2012
    Troy, Virginia
    I only block four of them. I'll watch out for the other two, though, lol. :lol:

resnor and Fin D like this.
  16. Rocky Raccoon

Rocky Raccoon Greasepaint Ghost Staff Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Jersey
    Yeah, but there's a big difference between Ryan Tannehill being a polarizing topic and threads turning into personal flame wars between two sides that argue the same stuff over and over and over again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    FTR, I'm trying to improve things.

Rocky Raccoon likes this.
  18. Boik14

Boik14 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    That last one is gone. Permanently.

Shane Falco, resnor and Fin D like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.