1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ryan Tannehill represents new beginning for Miami Dolphins

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Sceeto, May 1, 2012.

1. Sceeto

Sceeto Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2008
    New York
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000...esents-new-beginning-for-downtrodden-dolphins

I agree with most of this piece. While I still have some skepticism and concerns regarding Tannehill, I also have a lot of hope and there's a lot I like about him. As I've mentioned before, I'm going to defer to and trust the staff here, especially Sherman. Who could have better knowledge of his potential and upside, etc, etc, etc? I do love that they are finally making a serious attempt at finding a long-term solution or franchise player at the most important position in professional sports.

I like when Darlington asked him about the playbook and if he recognized any of Sherman's stuff in there from Texas A&M and he said; "Oh about 75% of it". It seems they're at least going to seriously try to put this kid in the best situation to succeed. I'm excited and have some hope. S--t, I gotta'

P.S.
    I also liked the rest of our draft. I love the Lamar Miller pick. I had him rated as the 3rd best RB in the class. I rarely like trading up, but this is still great value, imo. I really like the Egnew pick. I really like the Martin pick. We can finally sure up the right side. Those are great ways to help out a young QB. I like some of the UDFA picks. I like the Jonas Gray pick and others.

Ducken, smahtaz, Ohio Fanatic and 3 others like this.
  2. dolfan7171

dolfan7171 Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2009
    Arizona
    I agree with you. This draft was good and I like the Tannehill pick. I hope the best for him and this Dolphins team.

Sceeto likes this.
  3. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Now that's how you write a good article......local media morons, take notice...Wow, what a slap in the face the national media took to the local morons...lol, I love it man, maybe our local media whores will get it, and stop writing incorrect things about our brand that could be figured out with a bit of common sense and football intuition.

"I was marveled by his athletic ability, his size, his mental capacity, how fast he got familiar with being a quarterback," said Ireland, who took two more visits last fall to watch Tannehill play. "At the end of the day, I didn't tell anybody how strongly I felt because I didn't want to influence anybody's opinion during the process...

Maybe The local beat writers can do a follow up on this story about how Ireland is buttering up the fans for "whiffing" on Flynn..

Marco, Nappy Roots, smahtaz and 3 others like this.
  4. dolfan7171

dolfan7171 Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2009
    Arizona
    I agree with you man. So true with it!!

5. Rhody Phins Fan

Rhody Phins Fan Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2009
    Its very bizarre that this recent college graduate is the key to happiness in part of our lives. That's a lot of pressure.

Sceeto likes this.
  6. Rick 1966

Rick 1966 Professional Hipshooter

Nov 23, 2007
    Powell, WY
    I like the pick. I don't know if he'll succeed or not, but you have to take a chance at some point and with the new CBA, the cost of taking a risk on a QB in the first round is as low as it's ever going to be. If he doesn't pan out, we do it again and I am all right with that.

Sceeto likes this.
  7. HardKoreXXX

HardKoreXXX Insensitive to the Touch

Apr 2, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    Darlington was a "local media moron" for about 5 or 6 years.

8. Bofin

Bofin Member

Apr 22, 2008
    i believe tannehill was a great pick. The draft is speculation and projection. Our new offensive coordinator and qb coach worked with tannehill and have insight into his ability, this minimizes risk. Our GM also had great conviction with the guy, he's supposed to be THE GUY, his evaluations are important. Our new coach wants to run a similar offensive system to what tannehill has been working in, minimizing risk. Its all a gamble, always, the familiarity with tannehill as a prospect minimizes exposure from a business perspective. It may not pan out but its a smart play Imo.

It may take a season or three to find out if tannehill can play at a high level in the nfl, i believe by years 3 and 4 he will be a real quarterback, he has great physical tools. Its important to me that this staff, imo, got together, organized a plan to succeed within a given system, and made picks in the draft that look to fill specific roles, which includes tannehill. What if ross and ireland got together and schemed the entire staff, and system including tannehill last year after ireland felll in love with him. Including running the WCO and the addition of sherman and his assistant to ease the transition. I know thats a lot of variables but not beyond the realm of possibility.

dolfan7171 and Sceeto like this.
  9. Sumlit

Sumlit Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2012
    Miami
    That's how i feel. I'll wait and see.

10. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    I thought Jeff was a good dude when he was here X, deserving of a promotion, didn't get there by doing the things these guys now have the rep for..

Check this beautiful thing out, I was listening to the radio here in Detroit, they were talking draft stuff, and they were talking about a trade for Jake Long because of the article that mentioned that we might be looking to get rid of him because of the drafting of Martin, one guy mentioned it and the other guy laughed and said whoever wrote that down there should be writing somewhere in the north pole..lol

How's that's, the local media here is gaining a perception of incompetence and ridiculousness..dumasses.

Fin D likes this.
  11. Nappy Roots

Nappy Roots Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Bradenton,FL
    Yea, but he was an actual good one.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

12. HardKoreXXX

Apr 2, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    Love Jeff, thought he was one of the best, but he wrote things that weren't always what fans wanted to hear. You have to be objective. Now, guys like Omar? Trash.

Nappy Roots likes this.
  13. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    DJ isn't blasting reporters for writing negative stuff. If negative stuff happens it should be written about. We're blasting the local media for the **** like the Long article.

djphinfan likes this.
  14. HardKoreXXX

Apr 2, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    Got no problem with that. Pretty unsubstantiated piece of crap, that article. But I've found that a lot of the time when people bash the sports media down here for being "negative", it's just fans who don't wanna hear anything but blind homerism.

15. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    Fair enough. Hyde does a good job of pointing out negatives without creating unsubstantiated bs. Skolnick was the best though.

16. dsteve

dsteve Banned

Sep 26, 2011
    I dunno, that long article was an extreme example but most of the reporting is pretty horrible when it comes to dolphins coverage. I dont blame the writter, I blame the ****ty team for being ****ty for so long. once we start winning it goes away. I also think had we fired ireland the media down here would have taken a different tone. In all honesty i wanted him gone after last season but some of the moves he's made have me wanting to give him more time. Even if tanny falls flat ( i dont think he will btw) if I see progress from odrick, martin and maybe one of these later round reachers like miller, the DE we took from um or any WR emergence, hartline included, I'd be willing to kepp ireland.

17. dsteve

dsteve Banned

Sep 26, 2011
    I also like hyde. omar sucks.

18. finsincebirth

finsincebirth Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2007
    This should be Ryan's theme song.

[video=youtube;ILObfEzX92k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILObfEzX92k[/video]

19. HardKoreXXX

Apr 2, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    Like Hyde, liked Skolnick.

Covering this team does wear on people. Skolnick has said many times he's glad to be done with them. In fairness to the other beat writers, this organization hasn't exactly done them any favors in regards to access over the last 7 years or so. Between Saban and Parcells, they haven't been given a lot and therefore had to create. When you don't answer questions, people fill in the blanks. Looks like Ross has realized this and is opening up, which is good.

P h i N s A N i T y likes this.