1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ryan feeling good

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Finatik, Aug 30, 2018.

1. Finatik

Finatik Season Ticket Holder Staff Member Club Member

May 2, 2014
    SO Cal
    From PFT:

Barring something totally unforeseen, Dolphins quarterback Ryan Tannehill will start his first regular season game since December 11, 2016 when the Titans visit Miami on September 9.

The time between starts has been filled with knee injuries, rehab and questions about what kind of quarterback Tannehill will be now that he’s back to health. Opinions vary on that front, but Tannehill’s feeling is that he’s playing “with more confidence” than he ever has in the past and that leaves him feeling ready to succeed this season.

“Totally believe that,” Tannehill said, via the Palm Beach Post. “Totally believe that. I am more prepared than I have ever been. To play the position. Everything it encompasses. Physically. Mentally. Emotionally. I’m more solid than I’ve ever been. I’m more consistent fundamentally than I’ve ever been. Play comes in. I know exactly what I have to do. Boom. Boom. Boom.”

Tannehill was playing the best football of his career when he got hurt in 2016. Expecting him to pick up right where he left off might be asking too much, but signs that he’ll get back there before too long would be a much appreciated way to start the year in Miami.

resnor likes this.
  2. Bumrush

Bumrush Stable Genius Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Love articles like this, but what do they expect him to say? I feel worse than I've ever felt and I'm not prepared to play???

3. Finatik

Finatik Season Ticket Holder Staff Member Club Member

May 2, 2014
    SO Cal
    "I'm really worried I'm going to blow my knee out again. I was great getting paid standing on the sideline but now I have to perform and I'm scared." LoL

4. Fin-O

Fin-O Initiated Club Member

Sep 28, 2015
    Best thing about the actual season starting?? No more fluff pieces.

5. KeyFin

KeyFin Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2009
    As much as I believe in Tannehill, I also believe that we have to have a suitable day one quality backup on the bench behind him. I read Osweiler led all 3 drives and that's encouraging....looking forward to seeing it Saturday morning.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2018
  6. Dorfdad

Dorfdad Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2007
    Man I’m seriously not sure if your trolling or believe we’re in good hands should Tannehill go down. He’s looked so sketchy during preseason I was wondering if he even makes the team. Outside playing against garbage players he looked pretty bad IMHO

7. resnor

resnor Derp Sherpa

Nov 25, 2007
    New Hampshire
    Osweiler hasn't looked stellar...but, he has a winning record in the league, right? How much more can you ask for from a backup?

8. Dorfdad

Dorfdad Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2007
    Hey makes some promising throws at times and some horrible decisions most of the time. When you have a lights out or top 5 defense you can get away with sloppy an play most of the time.

mbsinmisc likes this.
  9. KeyFin

KeyFin Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2009
    No, I'm not comfortable with him at all....I was just hoping he looked really good last night to make us less worried.

10. Tin Indian

Tin Indian Rockin' The Bottom End Club Member

Feb 10, 2010
    Palm Bay Florida
    Osweiler looked about as good as you could hope last night. He played very well. Clearly better than Fales.

KeyFin likes this.