ryan clark signs w steelers

103 replies

KEkeithkdjNew MemberOP
Mar 8, 2010, 06:53 PM

per national football post

finyank13finyank13New Member
Mar 8, 2010, 06:56 PM

he totally took Miami's offer and shopped it back to the Steelers, this dirty ugh!!!! he was there yesterday, took a phyiscal today, and signed with Pitt!!!!! seriously why does this s**t only happen to Miami....second time in 2 years!!!!!!! Pace was last year!!!!

“If you told me A-Rod flew on a spaceship from Mars to here, I wouldn't be surprised."--thephins.com poster Ray Finkle on A-Rod

CapsCapsForum Veteran
Mar 8, 2010, 06:56 PM

Earl Thomas here we come

The Aqua CrushThe Aqua CrushNew Member
Mar 8, 2010, 06:56 PM

SON OF A B............as;ldkfjasldkjf!!!!!!!!!!!

DorfdadDorfdadForum Veteran
Mar 8, 2010, 06:57 PM

WTF that sucks bid donkey wang! What a wasted day..

PS that link above is broken here is the corrected one..

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Source-Steelers-resign-Ryan-Clark.html

After visiting the Miami Dolphins, free agent safety Ryan Clark has re-signed with the Pittsburgh Steelers according to a league source.

Clark met with the Dolphins' brass Sunday and today, but we've been told he has agreed to terms with Pittsburgh.

finyank13finyank13New Member
Mar 8, 2010, 06:58 PM

Thats atowgue guy still around...?? I dont even know how to spell his name

“If you told me A-Rod flew on a spaceship from Mars to here, I wouldn't be surprised."--thephins.com poster Ray Finkle on A-Rod

Vinny FinsVinny FinsForum Veteran
Mar 8, 2010, 06:59 PM

I am very angry.

fooball.
futbol.
hockey.

2k52k5Forum Veteran
Mar 8, 2010, 06:59 PM

Wow, what the ****?

OzzyOzzyLuxury Box
Mar 8, 2010, 07:00 PM

Thats probably because Miami low balled him a little.

Next and I'm kind of glad we let him slip thru. To me, if we were looking for a SS, I'd be all over signing him. He can hit and is not bad in coverage which is a bit rare for a SS.

Now get us a ball hawking true FS, and yes I know Clarks pass defense numbers were pretty good in a lot of areas but imo he is better suited as a SS.

http://images.thephins.com/signaturepics/sigpic83_3.gif

TheAnswer385TheAnswer385Forum Veteran
Mar 8, 2010, 07:01 PM

I feel used

High DefinitionHigh DefinitionNew Member
Mar 8, 2010, 07:01 PM

What a dick. I don't care if a player chooses another team over Miami, but he blatantly used us to get a better offer from Pittsburgh. I wish the remainder of his career the absolute worst for that garbage.

Please sign Atogwe, the better safety to begin with.

Kanye West wrote:

I treat the cash like the government treats AIDS - I won't be satisfied till all my people get it.... GET IT?

OzzyOzzyLuxury Box
Mar 8, 2010, 07:04 PM

"High Definition wrote:

What a dick. I don't care if a player chooses another team over Miami, but he blatantly used us to get a better offer from Pittsburgh. I wish the remainder of his career the absolute worst for that garbage.

Please sign Atogwe, the better safety to begin with.

He used Miami no matter what but he might have had an offer from Pitt before he came here and was hoping Miami would bite. I'm glad they didn't

http://images.thephins.com/signaturepics/sigpic83_3.gif

Vinny FinsVinny FinsForum Veteran
Mar 8, 2010, 07:08 PM

Lock all the threads about this scummer and never speak his name again. I'm furious.

fooball.
futbol.
hockey.

High DefinitionHigh DefinitionNew Member
Mar 8, 2010, 07:08 PM

"finyank13 wrote:

Thats atowgue guy still around...?? I dont even know how to spell his name

Yes, and he fits what we need better than Clark. He's a ball hawk. That is exactly what we need next to Yeremiah Bell. I don't understand why Atogwe wasn't our main target after Rolle to begin with,

I like Earl Thomas a lot, but I'm not comfortable going into the draft being forced to take a safety that high. We need to sign a capable starter in free agency; be it Atogwe or Sharper. Hopefully Atogwe because he's only 28 years old. He's got 15 picks in the last three years.

Kanye West wrote:

I treat the cash like the government treats AIDS - I won't be satisfied till all my people get it.... GET IT?

brandon27brandon27Supporter
Mar 8, 2010, 07:09 PM

I'm shocked. After taking a physical I was sure it was a done deal. Can't believe he used us like that. I know its business but wow.


1972 Miami Dolphins-The ONLY undefeated team in NFL history!!!

BLbluehazeNew Member
Mar 8, 2010, 07:09 PM

If he's in Miami how did he re-sign with the Steelers already? LOL Thought he just finished passing his physical?

vt_dolfanvt_dolfanSupporter
Mar 8, 2010, 07:10 PM

guys relax...bogus report. Clark didnt sign with the Steelers..they Signed Will Allen from the Bucs

"The more difficult the victory, the greater the happiness in winning"
Pele

TheAnswer385TheAnswer385Forum Veteran
Mar 8, 2010, 07:11 PM

they also just signed Randel el back so maybe that got up in the confusion???

I will wait till Shefter posts it.

MuckMuckRetired Admin
Mar 8, 2010, 07:12 PM

Lots of presumption here.

I'd like to think we're a bit classier than this.

Make the throwback uniforms permanent!

finyank13finyank13New Member
Mar 8, 2010, 07:12 PM

I havent seen any of the big guys report it yet...i'm holding out hope...like schien etc..

“If you told me A-Rod flew on a spaceship from Mars to here, I wouldn't be surprised."--thephins.com poster Ray Finkle on A-Rod

jdang307jdang307Supporter
Mar 8, 2010, 07:13 PM

If we're going to be mad at anyone using anyone, it would be Bill parcells for using the Falcons to get to us. It's a business. Don't get mad. Get better.

MuckMuckRetired Admin
Mar 8, 2010, 07:13 PM

"vt_dolfan wrote:

guys relax...bogus report. Clark didnt sign with the Steelers..they Signed Will Allen from the Bucs

Darlington just confirmed it.

He's back with Pittsburgh.

Make the throwback uniforms permanent!

finyank13finyank13New Member
Mar 8, 2010, 07:16 PM

JasonLaCanfora

Ryan Clark agrees to stay in Pittsburgh on a 4-year deal. Antwaan Randle-El planning to accept a 3-year deal.

“If you told me A-Rod flew on a spaceship from Mars to here, I wouldn't be surprised."--thephins.com poster Ray Finkle on A-Rod

dgb11112dgb11112New Member
Mar 8, 2010, 07:16 PM

This is from Rotoworld on Clark

NFL Headlines

Report: Steelers work deal to keep S Clark

Aaron Wilson of the National Football Post reports that the Steelers have re-signed free agent S Ryan Clark.

Smartly, the Steelers didn't stop pursuing Clark after their Monday addition of backup-caliber safety Will Allen. Also smartly on Clark's part, he leveraged Pittsburgh by taking a Monday visit to the Dolphins. Clark turns 31 during the upcoming season and has never been a big-time playmaker, but is a banger in the back end with above-average range. His return is good news for a Steelers secondary that may experience major overhaul at cornerback. Mar. 8 - 6:50 pm et
Source: Aaron Wilson on Twitter

54Fins54FinsForum Veteran
Mar 8, 2010, 07:18 PM

Maybe he failed the physical Miami gave him.

:up: