1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Russia begins seizing Western Investments..again

Discussion in 'Economics and Financials' started by padre31, Apr 13, 2009.

1. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    http://www.americanthinker.com/2009/04/russia_goes_from_bad_to_worse.html

I'm far from a apologist for International Business Practices, typically a company enriches itself from natural resources and a few select people in the country fatten their wallets, in this case however, the Companies that dared invest in Russia typically went into minority partnerships with native Russian Companies and merely provided capital for infrastructure improvements and services the Russians themselves could not provide.

This theft will take money out of the wallets of average Russians as now Crony Capitialism Soviet style is all that is left in Russia, those businesses will lose their 450 Billion in investments or be effectively extorted into paying bribes high enough to make their investments non productive.

2. gafinfan

gafinfan gunner Club Member

Why am I not surprised?:pity: To be honest I liked them better the other way, at least we knew just where we stood at all times. We should get out now!:wink2::up: Better yet we should have NEVER gotten in in the first place.:lol:

2socks and cnc66 like this.