Rumour: X-Man on the Trade Block?
18 replies
Why?
"Although we are capable of great acts of kindness, history teaches us that we sometimes need saving from ourselves – from our recklessness or our greed. God sent into the world a unique person – neither a philosopher nor a general, important though they are, but a Saviour, with the power to forgive... It is my prayer that on this Christmas day we might all find room in our lives for the message of the angels and for the love of God through Christ our Lord." (Christmas message, 2011)
"Although we are capable of great acts of kindness, history teaches us that we sometimes need saving from ourselves – from our recklessness or our greed. God sent into the world a unique person – neither a philosopher nor a general, important though they are, but a Saviour, with the power to forgive... It is my prayer that on this Christmas day we might all find room in our lives for the message of the angels and for the love of God through Christ our Lord." (Christmas message, 2011)
Ah...
"Although we are capable of great acts of kindness, history teaches us that we sometimes need saving from ourselves – from our recklessness or our greed. God sent into the world a unique person – neither a philosopher nor a general, important though they are, but a Saviour, with the power to forgive... It is my prayer that on this Christmas day we might all find room in our lives for the message of the angels and for the love of God through Christ our Lord." (Christmas message, 2011)
Just out of curiosity, can any Miami residents tell me what sort of reputation the different local papers have in general?
Herald, Sun-Sentinel, Palm Beach Post....?
"Although we are capable of great acts of kindness, history teaches us that we sometimes need saving from ourselves – from our recklessness or our greed. God sent into the world a unique person – neither a philosopher nor a general, important though they are, but a Saviour, with the power to forgive... It is my prayer that on this Christmas day we might all find room in our lives for the message of the angels and for the love of God through Christ our Lord." (Christmas message, 2011)
These guys throw **** at the wall to drive advertising sales. Hard to believe 98% of it.
"Although we are capable of great acts of kindness, history teaches us that we sometimes need saving from ourselves – from our recklessness or our greed. God sent into the world a unique person – neither a philosopher nor a general, important though they are, but a Saviour, with the power to forgive... It is my prayer that on this Christmas day we might all find room in our lives for the message of the angels and for the love of God through Christ our Lord." (Christmas message, 2011)
"Galant wrote:
Just out of curiosity, can any Miami residents tell me what sort of reputation the different local papers have in general?
Herald, Sun-Sentinel, Palm Beach Post....?
The same as any newspaper these days- they're more focused on quantity over quality because page clicks equal dollars and rankings. If you live there and still get the paper, you read their stuff and take it with a grain of salt (most don't get papers anymore anyway). For a very long time, the S. Florida media has been ultra-critical of the Dolphins and sensationalized everything- fire the coach, the GM, the QB, etc.
Of the three, the Post probably had the highest integrity but in more recent years, the same sports writers work for multiple papers.
Winning football games at any level comes down to winning in the trenches.
You have to take the call(s) and listen to the offer, that's just good NFL business.
I'd be shocked to see Xavien traded for anything less than a first rounder (maybe a second and fourth from a team looking to pick near the top of the round), but the defense is really built around the secondary so we'd take a BIG hit by letting him go.
If Noah had shown more, it would be more tempting to consider a trade of Howard but right now it would take a Tunsil-type offer.
A terrible play call, terribly executed.
"Deus ex dolphin wrote:
You have to take the call(s) and listen to the offer, that's just good NFL business.
I'd be shocked to see Xavien traded for anything less than a first rounder (maybe a second and fourth from a team looking to pick near the top of the round), but the defense is really built around the secondary so we'd take a BIG hit by letting him go.
If Noah had shown more, it would be more tempting to consider a trade of Howard but right now it would take a Tunsil-type offer.
No way they give him up for anything less than a 1st and another pick in my opinion. Flores's defense is too dependent on corner play. The team just drafted a third corner in the first round, it's so important, after paying Jones a ton in the offseason. No way they're giving up a Pro Bowl corner for anything less than a bounty.
Nothing to see here. X is without a doubt in our long term plans. Of course teams called on him. I make inquiries in my fantasy football league all the time. 90 percent of the time, my one sided crappy offer gets shot down in flames and I move on with my losing season.
For a Jalen Ramsey type deal? Sure. For a Minkah deal? No thanks. Need at least 2 high level picks.
This seems like Omar took 2+2 and made 9 out of it. It sounds like what I expected when I first heard the rumor, teams doing their due diligence and asking and Grier doing his due diligence and hearing what the offers were. I think it makes no sense to trade one of the best Young corners in the league when you are in a playoff hunt and it would make me and many others mad as hell. But you know what? I'd be even more angry if Grier didn't listen to what other teams were offering. That's part of what his job is.
I love the way the team basically smacked Omar in the face though. He seemingly deserved it.
Not My Circus, Not My Monkeys.
"Tin Indian wrote:
This seems like Omar took 2+2 and made 9 out of it. It sounds like what I expected when I first heard the rumor, teams doing their due diligence and asking and Grier doing his due diligence and hearing what the offers were. I think it makes no sense to trade one of the best Young corners in the league when you are in a playoff hunt and it would make me and many others mad as hell. But you know what? I'd be even more angry if Grier didn't listen to what other teams were offering. That's part of what his job is.
I love the way the team basically smacked Omar in the face though. He seemingly deserved it.
It is well known that the Dolphins listen to all offers.
Holland is a huge upgrade over McCain
I want to be alive, I am alive! Alive, I tell you! Mother, I love you, those are no longer just words. I want to hold you, I want to run in a stream, I want to taste ice cream but not just put it in my mouth and let it slide down my throat but really eat it. - Robot Morty
"Dol-Fan Dupree wrote:
It is well known that the Dolphins listen to all offers.
Yep. And they should. Thats how we got QB reimbursement for a left tackle.
Not My Circus, Not My Monkeys.
"Ronnie Bass wrote:
So who in the media **** the bed on this "story"?
Omar Kelly
"TheHighExhaulted wrote:
Omar Kelly
Stupid of me to ask, should've known.

"Ronnie Bass wrote:
So who in the media **** the bed on this "story"?
