1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rumor: Miami Dolphins interested in trading for Jadeveon Clowney

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Sceeto, Aug 13, 2019.

1. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Me neither, the team is not in position to pay a player like this, to far from competing for a championship, too much uncertainty at Qb.

Get through the year, evaluate what you have and what you wanna move forward with, draft the best Qb you can and then start maxing your cap.

2. Hooligan

Hooligan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 31, 2018
    Build the o-line first and find the next Lawrence Taylor in the draft.

freeperjim likes this.
  3. Vertical Limit

Vertical Limit Senior Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Big pass on that.. and i like clowney but i dont think he moves the needle. We arent a team that is a pass rusher away. We are a quarterback away from being a serious playoff contender (just like any team is) and then you fill ouut the rest of your squad with luxury pieces like clowney..

4. Wilkimania

Wilkimania Active Member

Sep 11, 2016
    I'm sure the Dolphins have an interest in a lot of players, it's just a case of how big an interest it is and who in the organisation the interest is from.

5. Fin D

Fin D Sigh Club Member

Nov 27, 2007
    I am interested in a Ferrari.

IdrA and resnor like this.
  6. Deus ex dolphin

Deus ex dolphin Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2007
    If they'd take a third and fifth rounder for him? Sure. Otherwise we need those picks to move up for a QB or to fill holes on the roster.

7. tirty8

tirty8 Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2016
    Man oh man, you guys are afraid to part with draft picks. Last two edge guys we drafted in the first round were Dion Jordan (don't forget that we used a 2nd as well to move up to get him) and Charles Harris.

Jordan was a total disaster in every sense of the word, and honestly, Harris isn't even worthy of an NFL roster.

We need pass rushers and Clowney is a known commodity.

You guys can say whatever you want about future draft picks, but nothing is certain. If we have all the draft picks in the world and the teams above us are unwilling to trade the pick, it might not matter.

A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush...

resnor likes this.
  8. Deus ex dolphin

Dec 2, 2007
    Wait, so if we trade away our first rounder for Clowney, but end up needing to draft a QB, then what? Solve your biggest problem, then move on the second biggest and so on. The biggest issue for any any team is finding a QB.

9. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dol-Fan Dupree I drink your milkshake! Club Member

Dec 11, 2007
    The only way I think Miami could trade for Clowney is if they give up Tunsil

10. Wilkimania

Wilkimania Active Member

Sep 11, 2016
    I guess that's the true question, what would be the most that people would be willing to accept us giving away for Clowney?

11. Deus ex dolphin

Dec 2, 2007
    That would complete the nightmare scenario for the OL. They really need to find a trade for a Guard or hope a solid vet gets cut and they can grab him. At best, the OL could rise to about average this year.