Rumor: Jake Long Signs With Rams :(

107 replies

Mar 13, 2013, 02:22 PM

"Muck wrote:

Really would like to see a veteran right tackle come aboard. Huge risk to put a rook over there. Especially if Jerry remains and/or we start a young TE.

Martin is better off on the left side.

Martin is, but is Ryan Tannehill?

I think not.

Twitter: @ckparrot
3 Yards Per Carry Podcast - Featuring Boomer, Section126, and ckparrothead
threeyardspercarry.podbean.com

djphinfandjphinfanSupporter
Mar 13, 2013, 02:22 PM

This sucks..I don't buy that he wanted to be here, have speculated that he didn't, choosing St. Louis over us..what a fu&$in waste of a resource.

djphinfandjphinfanSupporter
Mar 13, 2013, 02:24 PM

The only way this makes sense is to replace Jake with a very talented player, either sign the best tackle in the market or draft one of the big three if one drops.

padre31padre31Luxury Box
Mar 13, 2013, 02:25 PM

Can we put to bed the who we should have taken #1 overall bull**** now?

Matt Ryan was the pick, no other way around, Parcells screwed the football on it.

Mar 13, 2013, 02:26 PM

"padre31 wrote:

Can we put to bed the who we should have taken #1 overall bull**** now?

Matt Ryan was the pick, no other way around, Parcells screwed the football on it.

It was 5 years ago... and we since have drafted our potential franchise QB.

Let it go...

dolfan22dolfan22Supporter
Mar 13, 2013, 02:28 PM

"MrClean wrote:

Oops, my mistake. Damn twitter language still doesn't make sense to me sometimes. Seems backwards how they list who tweets and then who retweets.

Sometimes? I concur , I can text on my phone , haven't felt the need to move up from that yet. Though my son keeps saying he wants to get me a new phone and he is Cre Com grad and is in communications. He texts me anything he thinks is interesting from the tweets he gets, which is a lot , so may I should take the plunge?

padre31padre31Luxury Box
Mar 13, 2013, 02:29 PM

"FinNasty wrote:

It was 5 years ago... and we since have drafted our potential franchise QB.

Let it go...

Nope, this is accountability time FN.

We are constantly fed that 'experts on the nfl know more than you"

yet they fail time after time, this bothers me a bit..just a wee..bit.

Ohio FanaticOhio FanaticSupporter
Mar 13, 2013, 02:29 PM

"ckparrothead wrote:

I'm going to be honest here. I think Sebastian Vollmer can play left tackle. He played there for a stretch of games as a rookie and was REALLY good in those games. And he's been a standout right tackle.

I'd love to have Vollmer, but the impression up here in Boston sure feels like they will find a way to keep Vollmer and let Welker go.
I still give credit to Ireland with the thought that Martin was indeed drafted to replace Long at LT given the money Long was going to demand this year.

testing

Dol-Fan DupreeDol-Fan DupreeForum Veteran
Mar 13, 2013, 02:30 PM

"padre31 wrote:

Can we put to bed the who we should have taken #1 overall bull**** now?

Matt Ryan was the pick, no other way around, Parcells screwed the football on it.

Should have drafted Flacco

Holland is a huge upgrade over McCain

I want to be alive, I am alive! Alive, I tell you! Mother, I love you, those are no longer just words. I want to hold you, I want to run in a stream, I want to taste ice cream but not just put it in my mouth and let it slide down my throat but really eat it. - Robot Morty

SceetoSceetoForum Veteran
Mar 13, 2013, 02:30 PM

"ckparrothead wrote:

I'm going to be honest here. I think Sebastian Vollmer can play left tackle. He played there for a stretch of games as a rookie and was REALLY good in those games. And he's been a standout right tackle.

I would realy like them sign Vollmer. So much for Jake being a part of the foundation for ten years or so.

Mcduffie81Mcduffie81Supporter
Mar 13, 2013, 02:31 PM

"ckparrothead wrote:

I'm going to be honest here. I think Sebastian Vollmer can play left tackle. He played there for a stretch of games as a rookie and was REALLY good in those games. And he's been a standout right tackle.

Why is Vollmer available?

"There is nothing to fear, except everyone trying to tackle me." - Ted Ginn Jr.

MrCleanMrCleanSupporter
Mar 13, 2013, 02:31 PM

"dolfan22 wrote:

Sometimes? I concur , I can text on my phone , haven't felt the need to move up from that yet. Though my son keeps saying he wants to get me a new phone and he is Cre Com grad and is in communications. He texts me anything he thinks is interesting from the tweets he gets, which is a lot , so may I should take the plunge?

I wonder that myself. I don't have a twitter capable phone. No idea which one to get or how to go about setting it all up. I only follow twitter online.

“... I hope I never ridicule what is wise or good. Follies and nonsense, whims and inconsistencies do divert me, I own, and I laugh at them whenever I can.”

― Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

Dol-Fan DupreeDol-Fan DupreeForum Veteran
Mar 13, 2013, 02:31 PM

"Mcduffie81 wrote:

Why is Vollmer available?

Patriots keep on drafting linemen

Holland is a huge upgrade over McCain

I want to be alive, I am alive! Alive, I tell you! Mother, I love you, those are no longer just words. I want to hold you, I want to run in a stream, I want to taste ice cream but not just put it in my mouth and let it slide down my throat but really eat it. - Robot Morty

dolfan22dolfan22Supporter
Mar 13, 2013, 02:33 PM

"Dol-Fan Dupree wrote:

Should have drafted Flacco

I am sure I was not the only person to note who three of the four QB's were in the final four last year.

RoukRoukForum Veteran
Mar 13, 2013, 02:33 PM

nfl network saying long is not even close to signing yet

JagfishJagfishNew Member
Mar 13, 2013, 02:34 PM

"Rouk wrote:

nfl network saying long is not even close to signing yet

Ian Rapaport says not so fast. Much to finalize.

Phins_Fan_87Phins_Fan_87Supporter
Mar 13, 2013, 02:34 PM

rams beat writer

According to Rams, Rams have NOT agreed to terms with Jake Long. In fact, they haven't even discussed "terms." Long still taking physical.

SumlitSumlitNew Member
Mar 13, 2013, 02:34 PM

NFL network confirms my suspicions. NO ONE else is reporting this supposed signing but Omar and his "sources".

dolfan22dolfan22Supporter
Mar 13, 2013, 02:35 PM

"MrClean wrote:

I wonder that myself. I don't have a twitter capable phone. No idea which one to get or how to go about setting it all up. I only follow twitter online.

My son has been an apple kid/young man but he has said the new Samsung S3 ( I think ) may be the best right now.

Mar 13, 2013, 02:36 PM

Oops, Mr. PFCentral may have jumped the gun on this. Haven't seen such blatant misreporting since that one guy claimed that Jared Cook agreed to terms with the Rams for a contract that runs 7 years and $35 million.

Oh wait...that ended up being true? ;)

Twitter: @ckparrot
3 Yards Per Carry Podcast - Featuring Boomer, Section126, and ckparrothead
threeyardspercarry.podbean.com

RevRickRevRickSupporter
Mar 13, 2013, 02:36 PM

"Rouk wrote:

nfl network saying long is not even close to signing yet

Just heard that, too. They said no terms had even been discussed yet. I also haven't seen it anywhere else. Has anyone?


We are real sailormen, the destroyermen of the fleet.
We can follow the tracks and ride the backs of the dolphins.
We will be where the action is in every situation.
When things are getting too rough for anyone else,
they're getting just right for us!

SumlitSumlitNew Member
Mar 13, 2013, 02:36 PM

I hope Jake signs elsewhere so that Omar once again looks like the horse's arse we know he is.

GunnerGunnerNew Member
Mar 13, 2013, 02:36 PM

Hold the phone on Long being a goner:

Jim Thomas ‏@jthom1

According to Rams, Rams have NOT agreed to terms with Jake Long. In fact, they haven't even discussed "terms." Long still taking physical.

DolfanTomDolfanTomNew Member
Mar 13, 2013, 02:37 PM

"RevRick wrote:

Just heard that, too. They said no terms had even been discussed yet. I also haven't seen it anywhere else. Has anyone?

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet
Jake Long has a full day itinerary set with #Rams. His physical is still going on. Was told by someone involved nothing is done.
Details

Please join us for the #BillsMafiaTakeover, 9/14 in Buffalo!!!! https://www.facebook.com/events/433589416780504/

Follow me @Hotstover

Mar 13, 2013, 02:37 PM

"padre31 wrote:

Nope, this is accountability time FN.

We are constantly fed that 'experts on the nfl know more than you"

yet they fail time after time, this bothers me a bit..just a wee..bit.

There is only a 50% chance at best of making the right decision... of course they fail time after time.