RUMOR: 360 Blu Ray Player ready
7 replies
Toshiba-Samsung Storage Technology Corp. (not to be confused with plain old "Toshiba Corp.," which is apparently "strictly against Blu-ray") has allegedly been contracted to manufacture an external Blu-ray drive for Xbox 360, reports X-bit labs. The drives are rumored to retail at around $100 to $150 in an attempt to cut into PlayStation 3 sales
Rumorang: Xbox 360 external Blu-ray drive ready, waiting - Joystiq
hmmmmmmm, interesting if true. I still don't think I'd buy one

I dont think so either. But a $199 360 + $100 Blu-ray drive = cheapest blu-ray on the market
yesssssssssssssssssss
Fin D;2829671 wrote:
As mor wisely said
"mor911 wrote:
I dont think so either. But a $199 360 + $100 Blu-ray drive = cheapest blu-ray on the market
I doubt that blu-ray player will be updateable though, and it would likely be limited in specs (like the external hd-drive). Can't get all of the audio codecs over that small usb cable (probably some visual limits as well).
2017 Dream Draft (3/17 – NFLDraftScout ~ Rankings used)
22. Zach Cunningham, LB, Vandy
54. Desmond King, S/DB, Iowa
97. Demarcus Walker, DE, FSU
166. Jermaine Eluemunor, OL, TAMU
178. George Kittle, TE, Iowa
184. Charles Walker, DT, Oklahoma
223. Aviante Collins, OL, TCU
"Stitches wrote:
I doubt that blu-ray player will be updateable though, and it would likely be limited in specs (like the external hd-drive). Can't get all of the audio codecs over that small usb cable (probably some visual limits as well).
I'm pretty sure it would be updatable. the HD-DVD addon was updated even past it's death date
yesssssssssssssssssss
Fin D;2829671 wrote:
As mor wisely said
it could even be cooler if it can be modded to work well with a pc via usb :)
"mor911 wrote:
I'm pretty sure it would be updatable. the HD-DVD addon was updated even past it's death date
All toshiba hd-dvd players got updated past their death date (some with negative consequences), however I didn't think the firmware on the add-on was updated, rather the xbox's functionality/integration w/the add-on was updated. You may be right though, I'll just say you are.
Still for $50 more, I'd rather have a ps3 (arguably the best player out there) than the likely limited add-on and 360.
2017 Dream Draft (3/17 – NFLDraftScout ~ Rankings used)
22. Zach Cunningham, LB, Vandy
54. Desmond King, S/DB, Iowa
97. Demarcus Walker, DE, FSU
166. Jermaine Eluemunor, OL, TAMU
178. George Kittle, TE, Iowa
184. Charles Walker, DT, Oklahoma
223. Aviante Collins, OL, TCU
Mor wrote:
But a $199 360 + $100 Blu-ray drive = cheapest blu-ray on the market
-$229-
Insignia® - Blu-ray Disc Player with 1080p Output - NS-BRDVD
-$299-
Sharp - AQUOS Blu-ray Disc Player - BD-HP20U
Samsung - Blu-ray High-Definition Disc Player with 1080p Output - BD-P1500
2017 Dream Draft (3/17 – NFLDraftScout ~ Rankings used)
22. Zach Cunningham, LB, Vandy
54. Desmond King, S/DB, Iowa
97. Demarcus Walker, DE, FSU
166. Jermaine Eluemunor, OL, TAMU
178. George Kittle, TE, Iowa
184. Charles Walker, DT, Oklahoma
223. Aviante Collins, OL, TCU
This is probably the 100th rumor I've heard so far and I'll believe it when I see an official Microsoft statement. But with my PS3, I don't think I'd get it unless I can also hook it up to a computer to use as an external drive like I do with the 360 HD-DVD add on. Some of the cheaper brand name quality ones are still $125-150.
Final MCAT attempt 5/28
Results: ???
Goal: 38+, Latest practice tests: 37, 35, 39
