1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Roy Williams not happy with Detroit offense

Discussion in 'Other NFL' started by Regan21286, Sep 24, 2008.

1. Regan21286

Regan21286 MCAT's, EMT's, AMCAS, ugh

Dec 3, 2007
    UCLA, CA
    QB Jon Kitna suffers sprained knee | Freep.com | Detroit Free Press

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/2008/09/roy_williams_takes_another_sho.html

With four talented WR's each capable of notching 1000 yards a season, I don't see why they don't pass more often. I know Williams isn't going back to Detroit after this season and I hope he lands here.

2. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    He's been complaining ever since the first week where he only saw only four passes or something like that.

They pass 68% of the time and I'm not sure they will pass more than that because their original philosophy is to run heavily. But since they're out of games so early, they are forced to pass the ball. They're 29th in rushing and 14th in passing. They could be better in the passing category if Kitna didn't struggle so much with interceptions. They're trying to get everyone the ball and commit to their philosophy. That isn't going to work and they seem to be lacking an identity right now. I'm not sure if they know what they want to do.

Their top four receivers have 41 total receptions, Johnson with 17 and then McDonald with 10. I think that they need to figure out way to get the ball to Roy, who has eight receptions, more. The question is that can they do that with Kitna's struggles and how are teams covering Roy?

Btw, I think Kitna might be starting to fall out of favor in Detroit. To top off his struggles, he has blown up on the sidelines and then came out and said that he was "not part of the problem" in Detroit. Drew Stanton is going to be 100% healthy going into next week. If Kitna struggles, I wouldn't be surprised to see him take some snaps.

3. Regan21286

Dec 3, 2007
    UCLA, CA
    Like they said, they're passing more only because they fall behind so fast and so far. But yea Kitna needs to be replaced. They really should make their identity a four-wide set to really utilize their talents.

4. King Felix

King Felix Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 6, 2007
    cough*come to miami roy*cough

5. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    oh how I would love to see roy williams in a miami uniform next year....

6. Regan21286

Dec 3, 2007
    UCLA, CA
    I hope so but then again, this is a staff that thought our current WR's were good enough so I dunno.